Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
    Per ESPN:
    • Marcel Louis-Jacques, ESPNJun 20, 2023, 10:01 PM ET

MIAMI -- Dolphins wide receiver Tyreek Hill is under investigation on allegations of assault/battery at a Miami Beach marina, a spokesperson for the Miami-Dade Police Department said Tuesday.

According to WPLG-TV in Miami, Hill allegedly hit a marina employee during a "disagreement" that took place Sunday. Miami sports radio show host Andy Slater reported that Hill slapped the employee on the back of the head, but that the employee has declined to press charges at this time.

The Dolphins released a statement through a spokesperson, acknowledging the reported incident.

"We are aware of the situation and have been in contact with Tyreek, his representatives and the NFL," the Dolphins said in the statement. "We will reserve further comment at this time."

Hill is entering his second season with the Dolphins after spending the first six of his career with the Kansas City Chiefs.
    Police are done with this, and the victim is not pressing charges. Add it to the list of things Hill has done that others have cleaned up for him. There were supposedly a number of witnesses who saw him trespass on someone else’s boat, make sure to tell them who he was and that he could buy the boat if he wanted, that he was fishing for a protected species (not sure how you prove that unless you actually catch it?). THe assault does sound pretty minor, but I agree Hill is a ticking time bomb. Hope he does not hurt any more kids or women.

PS Slapping someone in the back of the head is cowardly and I have seen enough to know you never know who you are messing with. Hill may soon slap the wrong person on the back of the head and really pay the price. I have studied martial arts for almost 20 years now and learned you cannot tell by looking at someone what they are capable of when threatened or attacked.

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

Police are done with this, and the victim is not pressing charges. Add it to the list of things Hill has done that others have cleaned up for him. There were supposedly a number of witnesses who saw him trespass on someone else’s boat, make sure to tell them who he was and that he could buy the boat if he wanted, that he was fishing for a protected species (not sure how you prove that unless you actually catch it?). THe assault does sound pretty minor, but I agree Hill is a ticking time bomb. Hope he does not hurt any more kids or women.

PS Slapping someone in the back of the head is cowardly and I have seen enough to know you never know who you are messing with. Hill may soon slap the wrong person on the back of the head and really pay the price. I have studied martial arts for almost 20 years now and learned you cannot tell by looking at someone what they are capable of when threatened or attacked.

TG
      Not quite over...

Police report: Alleged victim in Tyreek Hill incident wants charges to be brought

Posted by Mike Florio on June 21, 2023, 8:37 PM EDT​

The fact that Dolphins receiver Tyreek Hill won’t face criminal charges for allegedly hitting a marina employee does not mean he’ll avoid NFL scrutiny. The NFL can still investigate the situation and, if it so desires, punish Hill under the Personal Conduct Policy.

Despite a prior report from Fox Sports 640 that the alleged victim does not want charges to be brought, Angie DiMichele of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that the police report indicates that the alleged victim wants charges to be filed.

This suggests that, if the NFL investigates the situation, the alleged victim will be inclined to cooperate.

Even if the alleged victim decides not to cooperate, the police report indicates that surveillance footage of the incident exists. The NFL could obtain and review the video, and make decisions about a potential violation of the Personal Conduct Policy accordingly.

The police report explains that the incident happened Sunday at Haulover Park Marina. Shortly before 7:00 p.m. ET, the alleged victim saw two women on a fishing charter boats without permission. The alleged victim informed his boat captain of the situation, and then told the women to leave the boat.

An argument ensued, and an unidentified “subject” (apparently, Hill) slapped one of the employees on the neck with an open hand while being removed from the argument. The “subject” then ran toward the victim, but he was restrained. The “subject” then fled.

The NFL declined comment on Wednesday afternoon. The Dolphins issued this statement to the Sun-Sentinel: “We are aware of the situation and have been in contact with Tyreek, his representatives and the NFL. We will reserve further comment at this time.”

As previously noted, Hill’s history could enhance the penalty imposed by the league, if the NFL decides to impose punishment under the Personal Conduct Policy.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
        Moderate Skeptic
        • May 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Not quite over...

What an idiot . . . . . . . . . I wonder how much money he'll lose if the league docks him 1 game? And the surveillance video (if it really exists) should be entertaining . . . . . .

I love it . . . . . 'The Subject Fled' (sigh)

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Congrats for surviving therapy with you sanity intact . . . . . . . . . . . apparently?
          Haha let's hope so.
          G-Ro knows.

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

TG
            Hahaha oh man, I can picture this as clear as day.
            "I'm Tyreek Hill!! I can BUY this boat!!"
            haha
            G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
              Moderate Skeptic
              • May 2022
              • Send PM

Haha let's hope so.
              Being a contributing member of THIS forum is not a ringing endorsement for anyone's sanity . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

haha
                Yep...kind of reminds me of AB: "Don't touch me! I'm the franchise!!!

Comment

• Heatmiser
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Not quite over...
                  Oh my!

TG

Comment

• Heatmiser
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

haha
                    Yep, I think his words (per the witnesses) were: "I am number 10 for the Dolphins! I can buy this boat!"

TG

Comment

• colorado
                      Fan since '62
                      • Jun 2023
                      • Desert Rat
                      • Nothing but time on my hands
                      • Send PM

[QUOTE=Heatmiser;n1506030] Yep, I think his words (per the witnesses) were: "I am number 10 for the Dolphins! I can buy this boat!" " Take me to your leader"

Doctored it up some..

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Moaning Mel is moaning again:

" Melvin Gordon to @jimrom about his future: "It's so tough for running backs right now, man. You have a lot of running backs out there and we just don't get no love. It's literally the worst position to play in the NFL right now. It literally sucks."

Uh, no Mel, it's not about no love...it's about market dynamics...a glut of mediocre RB's like u, and not too much money chasing them...

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                          Moderate Skeptic
                          • May 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                          Moaning Mel is moaning again:

" Melvin Gordon to @jimrom about his future: "It's so tough for running backs right now, man. You have a lot of running backs out there and we just don't get no love. It's literally the worst position to play in the NFL right now. It literally sucks."

Uh, no Mel, it's not about no love...it's about market dynamics...a glut of mediocre RB's like u, and not too much money chasing them...
                          And teams FINALLY realizing (really realizing) that investing in the Oline brings much better returns, since they also protect the franchise QB's (along with the referees of course)

Comment

Working...
                          X