• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I watched the re-cap and that loss was not entirely on Lamar. Kicker was really bad and the rest of the players played like doo doo too! Offensive line played like a collapsing clamshell on lamar as well. I'm actually thinking that John Harbaugh might eventually be a casualty because he can't go deep into the playoffs. Maybe not this year but if he continues to lose poorly in playoffs he starting to channel his inner Marty.
    Friend, you are minimizing the weather conditions with the wind off the lake and the swirl and crosswinds it creates inside the stadium. As they were showing the Bills flags, standing nearly straight out due to the wind conditions, I started humming The Wreck of The Edmund Fitzgerald. No QB completed a long pass because of the winds inside that stadium.

We all know Justin Tucker is a stud. The conditions last night were extraordinary.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

New Orleans Saints.
      Bookend elite Offensive Tackles.
      No more Brees in need of protection.
      The worst salary cap situation in human history (-$97 million !)
      Terron Armstead.
      Ryan Ramczyk.

TT, back up the Brinks Truck.
      I've already mentioned Trent Williams.
      Here's why I say consider goodbye to HH, MI, MW, MD.
      Cap room for a once in a lifetime OT acquisition.
      Herb on rookie contract.
      Parlay that with, say AVT @ #13.
      Fix the Oline.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• MusicMakerInMe
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I agree with your take, friend. I marvel at Lamar Jackson's talent, but I want him to use his arm to push the ball down the field, and have Greg Roman go the 'Pass to score, Run to Win' motto. Those hits start to take their toll.
        Yeah definitely. What's crazy is that he's had both less rushed attempts and passed attempts than last season, so I think they've slowed down their pace or other teams have gone on to control the clock against them and keep them off the field.

I really think the solution is they need to go after a top-tier playmaker or two and focus on spreading the field. Unfortunately, that's not really what the Ravens have been known for even going back to the Flacco era.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
          New Orleans Saints.
          Terron Armstead.
          Ryan Ramczyk.

Herb on rookie contract.
          Fix the Oline.
          Also, DRAFT O-line...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Also, DRAFT O-line...
            AVT @ #13.
            The early run on Oline in this draft is going to be very fluid.
            More claims are being made just today of "Day 1 starters" being available.
            There is more and more talk of Slater > Sewell.
            We are all guessing.
            However it does appear that there will be an early run on OL in rounds 1 and 2.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Holy shit.
              Scratch that AVT stuff.

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Did you read that article? The reason I'm asking is the answer is in there and it's quite clear. Quite.
                No, I didn’t, you condescending fuck, I’m not specifically responding to you on this particular subject, just expressing an opinion on the matter, so I have no idea what you’re talking about or what you’re asking.
                I thought since I didn’t quote you, THAT would be quite clear.
                G-Ro knows.

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

No, I didn’t, you condescending fuck, I’m not specifically responding to you on this particular subject, just expressing an opinion on the matter, so I have no idea what you’re talking about or what you’re asking.
                  I thought since I didn’t quote you, THAT would be quite clear.
                  Shoulda read the article, meatball. Act like a child, you sit at the children's table.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

New Orleans Saints.
                    Terron Armstead.
                    Ryan Ramczyk.

Herb on rookie contract.
                    Fix the Oline.
                    If Trent Williams was 29, I'd agree. Don't want to sign him for more than 2 years going on 33 in June and usually he plays about 13 games. Expensive, Pass!

OR

I'll take Armstead....and Ramczyk but would extend him. Fat chance we do this. TT isn't that creative and if we did.... Payton would draft two OTs. Why can't we? They know the value of a good OL.

Sorry, I'm still keeping HH. Ingram is as good as gone imo. I'll take the comp pick.

MW, try and trade him but I think they want to keep him too.

If he goes, we should draft A WR regardless of who we have right now.

I'd say no way TT let's MD go after developing him and he likes to keep his own. But Hayward could be gone. Maybe trade him too.

My 2 cents

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                      Firesale in Houston?
                      Any talent worth picking off the Texan tree?
                      Max Scharping
                      Charles Omenihu
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Shoulda read the article, meatball. Act like a child, you sit at the children's table.
                        Isn’t it time for you to curl up and offer another excuse for why you didn’t take your meds and jumped to another conclusion?
                        G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Holy shit.
                          Scratch that AVT stuff.
                          Don't scratch AVT off the list just yet:

avt.JPG

Vitals

Height | 6-4

Weight | 315

College Bio Page
                          One-Liner

Vera-Tucker needs to improve his hand tactics to better sustain the point of attack, but he comes with highly impressive athleticism and movement skills to match, projecting as an NFL starter — has experience outside at tackle, but his natural NFL position might be inside at guard.
                          Highlights
                          USC LT Alijah Vera-Tucker with a 3 for 1 special on this play. He’s playing at a very high level. pic.twitter.com/rwfhDnsXcG

— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) November 26, 2020
                          Another clean performance from #USC OT Alijah Vera-Tucker (LT #75) yesterday vs. Arizona. Hard to believe that it’s only his second career game playing tackle.

In a zone based blocking scheme, he could be an ideal fit at either guard or tackle. pic.twitter.com/RIFqgagCB8

— Jordan Reid (@Jordan_Reid) November 15, 2020
                          Alijah Vera-Tucker played great at LT this year. He has a natural anchor and easy, quick athletic feet. He'll more than likely move inside to guard in the NFL (where he belongs) but he's another first round grade from me and should be a high level interior lineman. pic.twitter.com/M17D39XEc4

— Justen Gammel (@gamscout) January 12, 2021

Strengths

Impressive frame with essential body thickness.

Very quick moving backwards and keeps up with most pass rushers off the edge while maintaining great technique.

Balanced feet, both in space and when locked up. Flexible lower body to drop and roll his hips at contact. Consistent knee bend in pass protection.

Quick to recover after a jab to his chest.

Core strength to anchor at shallow depth. Powerful hands to punch, reload and fire again.

Clean puller to seal or stick defenders in space. Flips his hips with smooth footwork and builds momentum down the line.

Never content, staying busy with active eyes to identify stunts/slants.

Demonstrated versatility at USC by playing tackle and guard at a high level.

2020 Morris Trophy — Best offensive and defensive lineman in the Pac-12.

2020 First-Team All-Pac-12 (Pac-12 and Pro Football Focus).
                          Weaknesses

Active hands, but placement lacks refinement, often landing outside his target.

Can get head start protecting the edge, setting too aggressive outside and late protecting inside moves.

Reliable square blocker, but can struggle with speed at times.

Has improved his playing demeanor, but would benefit with a little more killer instinct to his game.
                          Chargers Fit

Vera-Tucker is an ideal fit for the Chargers’ zone-blocking scheme, either at tackle or guard. He comes in with the ability to do anything Los Angeles could ask of him: pulls, reach blocks, screens. He is a major improvement over Sam Tevi and Forrest Lamp in pass protection and should provide an upgrade in the running game. Inside at guard, where he would likely start in his rookie season, he’s proven that’s he’s plenty strong to anchor against more powerful defensive linemen and can handle athletic defenders, as well. He has demonstrated that he can be called upon as a starting blindside protector, too.

https://chargerswire.usatoday.com/20...h-vera-tucker/

Comment

Working...
                          X