• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lefty2SLO
    Moderate Skeptic
    • May 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Jay had great physical talent but he was intrinsically a loser. Loser in College, Loser in Pros. I once went to a steakhouse on biz travel in Chicago and he tooled in with a floozy. (dont question, i know a floozy when i see one ). I didnt go over and call him a loser. life's regrets ... sigh ...

This goes into the 'missed opportunity' heading in your book of life.

For me - it's one of my bucket list items. I absolutely couldn't / can't stand the guy . . . . . . . . what's the saying in baseball; million dollar arm - 10 cent head? For Jay he had a 10 cent heart . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
      Moderate Skeptic
      • May 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Even though I thought-- and *still* think-- that Jay Cutler was-and-is a douchebag, I can't help but notice that each time Josh McDaniels got a HC job, he's alienated the QB, and set the franchise back.

Denver... Now the Raiders... Goodgoddamighty, if the Chiefs will oblige us and hire McDaniels after his inevitable Crash & Burn with the Raiders, we will have hit the Trifecta. We can hope...
      Josh McDaniels is one of the best things to happen for the Chargers over the last couple of years . . . . . . . . . Just goes to show that no matter how much we rail on Chargers ownership there's always someone worse . . . . by comparison Joshy makes Staley actually look like the genius he thinks he is.

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post
        [/B][/U]

This goes into the 'missed opportunity' heading in your book of life.

For me - it's one of my bucket list items. I absolutely couldn't / can't stand the guy . . . . . . . . what's the saying in baseball; million dollar arm - 10 cent head? For Jay he had a 10 cent heart . . . . . . . . .
        A had a therapist many years ago that gave me a bit of good advice.
        He said something to the effect of, we occasionally find ourselves with missed opportunities that come randomly and rarely, like meeting a celebrity or author, someone whose work you value greatly. It's worth contemplating a 2 to 3 sentence script that you'd feel good about years after. Basically what their work means to you. Do this so you can reach for the script if you find yourself in said opportunity; the preparation should help resolve any ambivalence.
        pretty straightforward.
        Being a bit twisted myself, I took that advice and applied it to jackasses I might one day run into.
        Cameron Heyward comes to mind. Haha.
        P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
        P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
        P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
        P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Per ESPN:
          • Marcel Louis-Jacques, ESPNJun 20, 2023, 10:01 PM ET

MIAMI -- Dolphins wide receiver Tyreek Hill is under investigation on allegations of assault/battery at a Miami Beach marina, a spokesperson for the Miami-Dade Police Department said Tuesday.

According to WPLG-TV in Miami, Hill allegedly hit a marina employee during a "disagreement" that took place Sunday. Miami sports radio show host Andy Slater reported that Hill slapped the employee on the back of the head, but that the employee has declined to press charges at this time.

The Dolphins released a statement through a spokesperson, acknowledging the reported incident.

"We are aware of the situation and have been in contact with Tyreek, his representatives and the NFL," the Dolphins said in the statement. "We will reserve further comment at this time."

Hill is entering his second season with the Dolphins after spending the first six of his career with the Kansas City Chiefs.

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Week 1 suspension in 3...

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
              Week 1 suspension in 3...
              Incident probably didn't involve a 'protected' class, so I doubt much will be made of this, other than added fan-scorn to the player. The employee didn't press charges, but may just chase some dough outside the courts.

But... it would be nice to not have him on the field week one.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                Moderate Skeptic
                • May 2022
                • Send PM

He said something to the effect of, we occasionally find ourselves with missed opportunities that come randomly and rarely, like meeting a celebrity or author, someone whose work you value greatly. It's worth contemplating a 2 to 3 sentence script that you'd feel good about years after. Basically what their work means to you. Do this so you can reach for the script if you find yourself in said opportunity; the preparation should help resolve any ambivalence.
                pretty straightforward.
                Being a bit twisted myself, I took that advice and applied it to jackasses I might one day run into.
                Congrats for surviving therapy with you sanity intact . . . . . . . . . . . apparently?

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

After Hill and Waddle, the Dolphins are not very deep at WR. They have Braxton Berrios and Cedrick Wilson and a bunch of no names. They don't even have Mike Gesicki anymore at TE, he signed with the Patriots. They drafted TE Elijah Higgins in the 6th rnd this year but didn't draft a WR.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

The Chargers are -2.5 right now against Miami week 1. If the spread increases in the next few weeks it will mean Vegas thinks a suspension to start the season is likely.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Per ESPN:
                      • Marcel Louis-Jacques, ESPNJun 20, 2023, 10:01 PM ET

MIAMI -- Dolphins wide receiver Tyreek Hill is under investigation on allegations of assault/battery at a Miami Beach marina, a spokesperson for the Miami-Dade Police Department said Tuesday.

According to WPLG-TV in Miami, Hill allegedly hit a marina employee during a "disagreement" that took place Sunday. Miami sports radio show host Andy Slater reported that Hill slapped the employee on the back of the head, but that the employee has declined to press charges at this time.

The Dolphins released a statement through a spokesperson, acknowledging the reported incident.

"We are aware of the situation and have been in contact with Tyreek, his representatives and the NFL," the Dolphins said in the statement. "We will reserve further comment at this time."

Hill is entering his second season with the Dolphins after spending the first six of his career with the Kansas City Chiefs.
                      Nobody can be surprised by this. The guy is a punk with serious anger issues and it was only a matter of time before it happened again. And it won't be the last time it happens.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

pretty straightforward.
                        You were in pretty good shape if your therapy sessions were about hypothetical chance celebrity meetings

Comment

• colorado
                          Fan since '62
                          • Jun 2023
                          • Desert Rat
                          • Nothing but time on my hands
                          • Send PM

when you're in the public eye you will always be scrutinized. That would be nice if he started the season on the bench! As bugs bunny says " what a maroon"

Comment

Working...
                          X