• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

A pass for me. Gym shape is not the same as game shape. Also it depends how much money he wants. I don’t know how many times TO tried to get back in the NFL with a super gym physique. I think a few games in, he ended up tearing something..
    Older Fluker > Storm Norton LOL!
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post
      wow check out the shape that DJ Fluker is in at 32 as he tries to make a comeback

Former Chargers first-round pick D.J. Fluker is looking to make a return to the NFL and is in phenomenal shape.
      sign him to play safety?

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

That video made me chuckle a bit, the way they shot it with him standing like that reminded me of when you are getting ready to pick your character in a video game, LOL, ….he posed while someone with a phone walked a semi circle around him…
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

sign him to play safety?
          Maybe he could be our short yardage RB.
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
            "Draft Day" starring Kevin Costner.
            LOL...that scene when GM Costner is on the clock and says, "what else do we need?" Does he consult the big board? No. Does he consult his HC? Nope. Who does he turn to? Of course! His accountant secret girlfriend!!! The one who pipes up, "SPECIAL TEAMS!!!" Ah, always good for a laugh...ONLY in the movies...

what else do we need draft day.jpg
            Last edited by Topcat; 03-23-2023, 09:57 PM.

Comment

• electricgold
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2020
              • Send PM

All good, wasn't offended

Nope.

I feel reasonably optimistic about being a playoff contender next year but the depth concerns me a bit. They have to draft better in the mid rounds with the growing cap issues. AFC is tough and so is schedule so they have to play better this year and a big part will be staying healthier. Looking forward to Kellen Moore replacing Lombardi.
              See KC's draft last season and see ours... Our first round pick and 6th round pick were the only players that really contributed! TT needs to have a better draft this time. Really think he should trade down if the right player isn't there at 21~

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I’ll start paying attention when I see footage from Big Fluke at Duke’s

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

See KC's draft last season and see ours... Our first round pick and 6th round pick were the only players that really contributed! TT needs to have a better draft this time. Really think he should trade down if the right player isn't there at 21~
                  our seond round pick contributed a lot. Otherwise I agree he needs to up his game from middle-of-pack to above average.

Just curious - how did KC’s 2021 draft pan out, have you looked? (Honest question, I don’t know)
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2022
                    • White Rock, BC Canada
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                    our seond round pick contributed a lot. Otherwise I agree he needs to up his game from middle-of-pack to above average.

Just curious - how did KC’s 2021 draft pan out, have you looked? (Honest question, I don’t know)
                    Good...considering they didn't have a first round pick and only had 6 picks

Took Nick Bolton, a good looking LB and got 2 starting offensive lineman....Creed Humphrey who many think is already the best center in the NFL and they stole Trey Smith in the 6th round

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

wow check out the shape that DJ Fluker is in at 32 as he tries to make a comeback

Former Chargers first-round pick D.J. Fluker is looking to make a return to the NFL and is in phenomenal shape.
                      Wonder if Fluke went to Duke's Summer Fun Camp...The "Duke Fluke Reboot"...

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Kind of like Refrigerator 2.0? Cut Horvath and sign Fluke...

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

That just confirms that he wasn’t dedicated when he had his shot, he was just getting by, he should’ve been like this since before he got drafted…
                          When he was drafted, he was a national champion, why would he change a thing?
                          Maybe my memory is failing but I don't remember anything suggesting he didn't do anything his coaches were asking of him, so to me that's hardly "just getting by"
                          It's normal and impressive for veterans who haven't lived up to their draft status to have some time of reflection and change their approach, good for him, I don'tthink his feet are much lighter but considering our lack of OL depth, I'd be disappointed if we didn't at least LOOK.
                          G-Ro knows.

Comment

Working...
                          X