• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

Entry to Vermont from Québec City by bus is not easy too.
    A big lady got into the bus, checked our papers and asked everybody one by one what was our nationality !
    This reminds me of a story I heard from a Christian comedian who was crossing the border into Canada...he also has cerebral palsy, and incorporates this into his schtick...he had a big box of DVD's he was planning to sell at his next venue, and the Canadian border guard asked him, "how many DVD's do you have in that box, eh?" Mr. Comedian slowly answered, "I...I...I d-d-don't know..." Border Guard is now getting flustered, and shouts at him, "OKAY, BUDDY, YOU ARE GOING TO COUNT EACH AND EVERY LAST ONE OF THOSE DVD'S!!!"

So, Mr. Comedian slowly opens the box, and with a slow, shaky hand, pulls out the first DVD...then he very slowly announces, "ONE......."; then he slowly places it next to the box. He then very slowly reaches into the box and very slowly pulls out the second DVD, and says, "TWO......", then slowly placed it on top of the first DVD. Border Guard is now going ballistic and shouts: "CAN'T YOU HURRY IT UP???" Mr. Comedian frowns and slowly says, "awww, you made me lose my count!!!"

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
      That's why they don't have the problems we do.
      Competence? Employers not circulating through most of their workforce every 5 years?
      I've had rude interrogations by US customs when entering the U.S., being asked meaningless, yet invasive questions that served no purpose.

One was after landing on a flight from Paris. Before the flight left Paris, one person placed their luggage on the plane, but failed to board.
      The airline employees identified the problem and took the luggage off the plane within 10 minutes.

A few years later, I disembarked from a plane in Dallas, with my luggage merrily heading on towards San Antonio (where i eventually picked it up).
      If half your workforce is still learning the ropes, and then when they finally do figure things out, they get laid off by some efficiency expert,

expect incompetence.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Competence? Employers not circulating through most of their workforce every 5 years?
        I've had rude interrogations by US customs when entering the U.S., being asked meaningless, yet invasive questions that served no purpose.

One was after landing on a flight from Paris. Before the flight left Paris, one person placed their luggage on the plane, but failed to board.
        The airline employees identified the problem and took the luggage off the plane within 10 minutes.

A few years later, I disembarked from a plane in Dallas, with my luggage merrily heading on towards San Antonio (where i eventually picked it up).
        If half your workforce is still learning the ropes, and then when they finally do figure things out, they get laid off by some efficiency expert,

expect incompetence.
        Not even close to what I meant but not going to elaborate.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

This reminds me of a story I heard from a Christian comedian who was crossing the border into Canada...he also has cerebral palsy, and incorporates this into his schtick...he had a big box of DVD's he was planning to sell at his next venue, and the Canadian border guard asked him, "how many DVD's do you have in that box, eh?" Mr. Comedian slowly answered, "I...I...I d-d-don't know..." Border Guard is now getting flustered, and shouts at him, "OKAY, BUDDY, YOU ARE GOING TO COUNT EACH AND EVERY LAST ONE OF THOSE DVD'S!!!"

So, Mr. Comedian slowly opens the box, and with a slow, shaky hand, pulls out the first DVD...then he very slowly announces, "ONE......."; then he slowly places it next to the box. He then very slowly reaches into the box and very slowly pulls out the second DVD, and says, "TWO......", then slowly placed it on top of the first DVD. Border Guard is now going ballistic and shouts: "CAN'T YOU HURRY IT UP???" Mr. Comedian frowns and slowly says, "awww, you made me lose my count!!!"
          It’s been an honor to watch you hone your craft and see you bloom from the early “ahem” days to your crisp laser-focused deliveries today - it’s just a thing of beauty. Bravo, good man, bravo!

I’ve heard that comedian, can’t recall his name. Funny guy. A bit over-reliant on his condition for material but thats quite understandable.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Derek Carr says he was upset when he was benched last season, but he got really mad at the Raiders when his benching made his wife cry.

Comment

• colorado
              Fan since '62
              • Jun 2023
              • Desert Rat
              • Nothing but time on my hands
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
              Derek Carr says he was upset when he was benched last season, but he got really mad at the Raiders when his benching made his wife cry.

https://www.fresnobee.com/sports/article276739196.html
              Another team Mc Daniel's has been permitted to dis assemble. The faders didnt read the writing on the wall with what happened in donkville! McDaniels thinks he the reincarnation of Bilacheat.
              Last edited by colorado; 06-28-2023, 01:33 PM.

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I was watching a Patriots game this last season and the slot receiver was taking over the ballgame, looked closer and it was Devante Parker, killing it. Smart move by Belichick.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

https://www.fresnobee.com/sports/article276739196.html
                  If Carr was smart he wouldn't mention details like his wife crying over his benching...you just know that some opposing fans are going to be waving baby bottles from the stands and shouting, "waaaaaaahhh"...

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by colorado View Post

Another team Mc Daniel's has been permitted to dis assemble. The faders didnt read the writing on the wall with what happened in donkville! McDaniels thinks he the reincarnation of Bilacheat.
                    Next thing u know, McHoodie will be finding new ways to cheat, just like his mentor, Belicheat...

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

If Carr was smart he wouldn't mention details like his wife crying over his benching...you just know that some opposing fans are going to be waving baby bottles from the stands and shouting, "waaaaaaahhh"...
                      As much as I like to bash on Carr as a player, he is a really good person like Philip Rivers, devoted to his family and genuinely caring of his teammates. By all accounts, he is revered as a teammate, like Rivers was.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Considering he makes almost $1million per game check, offering up $200 to make someone happy and stop a possible suspension is kind of a weak effort.

Police report says Tyreek Hill offered alleged assault victim $200

Dolphins receiver Tyreek Hill apparently realized the error of his ways, and he reportedly tried to promptly rectify it.

According to Angie DiMichele of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, Hill offered the 57-year-old man whom Hill allegedly slapped on June 18 the sum of $200 in the time after the incident.

The information comes from a supplement to the original report prepared by the Miami-Dade Police Department.

Per the report, the dispute happened when Hill and others entered a docked private boat. The captain of the boat told them to leave. Hill allegedly said to the captain, “I can buy you and the boat.”

The captain contends that Hill began to spew expletives and “became enraged and attempted to enter the boat to cause him bodily harm but was held back by unknown associates.” Hill did not identify himself by name, saying only that he is “number 10 from the Miami Dolphins.”

During the dispute, an employee of Kelley Fishing Fleet walked over to the scene. Hill allegedly slapped that employee on the back of the neck.

Surveillance footage, per the supplemental police report, backs up the versions offered by the boat captain and the employee who was struck. The employee later identified Hill in a photo lineup.

Before Hill left the scene, he was heard telling an “associate” to give the alleged victim $200. The alleged victim did not accept the money.

The State Attorney’s Office is currently handling the investigation.

The NFL has not commented on the matter. At this point, it would be difficult for the NFL to ignore it, especially if surveillance video shows Hill hitting the employee. And, as the NFL learned nine years ago with the Ray Rice fiasco, if the NFL doesn’t get its hands on the surveillance video, TMZ inevitably will.

The NFL typically takes no action under the Personal Conduct Policy until any associated criminal case has ended. Hill’s history (he pleaded guilty to choking and punching his then-pregnant girlfriend in 2015) would potentially enhance any punishment imposed on Hill.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                          Considering he makes almost $1million per game check, offering up $200 to make someone happy and stop a possible suspension is kind of a weak effort.
                          $200 is a bottle service TIP, thats classic underestimation of the situation tharrr.

i didn’t realize Hill ‘n crew climbed onto someone ELSE’S boat and started big-timing the owner/captain. I thought it was more a my boat vs your boat story. Lol - classic.

throw the book at him! To the dungeons, a 1 game suspension must be accrued and served!
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X