• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by PackerNation View Post

It's chip on your shoulder. Singular. You are actually the one showing it. Having a chip on your shoulder means you feel inferior, like you are attempting to imply between Packers and Chargers fans. Like Packers fans act all high and mighty and Chargers fans have a chip on their shoulder.

You will find that when someone tries to cut someone down, they are really talking about themselves. Psych 101. If you are feeling I feel you are inferior as a Chargers fan, you are wrong. But I get you feeling inferior to such a massive worldwide fan base like the Packers have. A fan base that is often voted the best in all of sports.

Green Bay, Dallas, Kansas City, Pittsburgh, Denver, and Phillie are some big boy fan bases. That is just how it is. The Chargers will never be that, and that is ok.

If the game was in Los Angeles in week 11, there would be a majority of Packers fans in the stands. To the point that home teams like the Rams and Chargers have to use a silent count when Green Bay comes to town.

This one is in Lambeau, and yes a couple Packers fans will sell their tickets and make a little coin off a few Chargers fans. I love meeting opposing teams fan bases before the game. Some of the best tailgate parties involve bringing in opposing teams fans. I mix a pretty strong Long Island Iced Tea and sometimes the opposing fans can barely walk when they leave our tailgate, but they ALWAYS enjoy themselves. Except during the game. The Packers are 10-2 against the Chargers.

I am biased, but I have been to 29 NFL stadiums(some several times) in my day, and Green Bay is without doubt the best game day experience going.

November 19th will be a blast. Stop by and I'll mix ya a drink Chargers fans!

And we are always friendly when we come to Los Angeles and turn that joint into Lambeau West.

Screenshot_20230704-203126_(1).png
    Long Island iced teas are fun, i drank more than a few of them … when i was 22. it perfectly matches the maturity you’ve shown since your arrival.

Some guys here are very passionate about image and perception and what others might think about this or that. I’m not, I don’t give a fuck what other cities think about my Chargers, I’m not bothered at all that your team has passionate loyal fans. So what. pissing matches are a bore. Awards are not conferred for best fan, at least none that I recognize. But carry on …
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• DerwinBosa
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
      Sorry. Late to this part of the thread. Why are we talking about the Packers, again? I really am ambivalent about them and would rather spend time reading about the Chargers.

TG
      I'm always happy to discuss any NFL team. The Packers are in a critical time in their history, which I find intriguing. If Jordan Love isn't the answer this could very well be a difficult ten or twenty years for them, much like the seventies and eighties were.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2022
        • Send PM

It's chip on your shoulder. Singular. You are actually the one showing it. Having a chip on your shoulder means you feel inferior, like you are attempting to imply between Packers and Chargers fans. Like Packers fans act all high and mighty and Chargers fans have a chip on their shoulder.

You will find that when someone tries to cut someone down, they are really talking about themselves. Psych 101. If you are feeling I feel you are inferior as a Chargers fan, you are wrong. But I get you feeling inferior to such a massive worldwide fan base like the Packers have. A fan base that is often voted the best in all of sports.

Green Bay, Dallas, Kansas City, Pittsburgh, Denver, and Phillie are some big boy fan bases. That is just how it is. The Chargers will never be that, and that is ok.

If the game was in Los Angeles in week 11, there would be a majority of Packers fans in the stands. To the point that home teams like the Rams and Chargers have to use a silent count when Green Bay comes to town.

This one is in Lambeau, and yes a couple Packers fans will sell their tickets and make a little coin off a few Chargers fans. I love meeting opposing teams fan bases before the game. Some of the best tailgate parties involve bringing in opposing teams fans. I mix a pretty strong Long Island Iced Tea and sometimes the opposing fans can barely walk when they leave our tailgate, but they ALWAYS enjoy themselves. Except during the game. The Packers are 10-2 against the Chargers.

I am biased, but I have been to 29 different NFL stadiums(some several times) in my day, and Green Bay is without doubt the best game day experience going.

And we are always friendly when we come to Los Angeles and turn that joint into Lambeau West.

I prefer to watch the games on my couch, but I do stadium tours. Do you recommend one for Lambeau?

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

I am biased, but I have been to 29 different NFL stadiums(some several times) in my day, and Green Bay is without doubt the best game day experience going.

I went Lambeau for a Bears/Packers game with a friend of mine from Chicago. Had some good sirloin tip beforehand at a tailgate and true the drinks were flowing. It’s like a college game experience.

I also went to the Super Bowl Game in San Diego when Elway had his famous helicopter play and the Broncos beat the Packers. Weird game as Terrell Davis was killing it but got a migraine and sat out a large part of the game while Elway struggled mightily. Couldn’t hit the broad side of a Wisconsin barn. Game also featured Green Bay letting the Broncos walk in for a TD at the end to save time.

you are right that if the game was at SoFi it would likely be a majority of Packer fans but that’s nothing unique. We see that with the Raiders, Chiefs, sometimes Broncos, Eagles, Steelers, Patriots etc.

chargers should never have left San Diego.

i may go again to Lambeau this season. But Packer fans are kinda weird. The whole cheesehead thing is beyond silly. Steeler and Raider fans are tougher, Broncos and Eagles fans are ruder, Chiefs and Patriot fans are obnoxious.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I went Lambeau for a Bears/Packers game with a friend of mine from Chicago. Had some good sirloin tip beforehand at a tailgate and true the drinks were flowing. It’s like a college game experience.

I also went to the Super Bowl Game in San Diego when Elway had his famous helicopter play and the Broncos beat the Packers. Weird game as Terrell Davis was killing it but got a migraine and sat out a large part of the game while Elway struggled mightily. Couldn’t hit the broad side of a Wisconsin barn. Game also featured Green Bay letting the Broncos walk in for a TD at the end to save time.

you are right that if the game was at SoFi it would likely be a majority of Packer fans but that’s nothing unique. We see that with the Raiders, Chiefs, sometimes Broncos, Eagles, Steelers, Patriots etc. chargers should never have left San Diego.

i may go again to Lambeau this season
            We see it and LAR see it. It’s the story of LA, everyone is from somewhere else, and sports are not the unifocus they are in other regions that lack as many stellar alternatives. Thats undeniable, but its also irrelevant to the small cluster of avid loyal fans like TPB. It is what it is, so what.

There may not be a lot of people from CA that move to Wisconsin.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

We see it and LAR see it. It’s the story of LA, everyone is from somewhere else, and sports are not the unifocus they are in other regions that lack as many stellar alternatives. Thats undeniable, but its also irrelevant to the small cluster of avid loyal fans like TPB. It is what it is, so what.

The transplant teams all suffer from it. Rams get creamed when SF comes to town. Raiders got a good dose of it a couple of times last year. There were visiting fans in SD but not nearly as lopsided as in LA.

and no, I don’t imagine many people moving from Cali to Wisconsin. Some beautiful country but little to do and brutal, long winters. He’ll, it drove A-A-Ron into a cave

Comment

• PackerNation
                Banned
                • Jun 2023
                • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

I prefer to watch the games on my couch, but I do stadium tours. Do you recommend one for Lambeau?
                I have not been on a stadium tour since I was kid. I've seen pretty much all nooks and crannies of Lambeau Field through the years, it's probably a good tour though, if you enjoy that type of thing. I would recommend going to The Green Bay Packers Hall Of Fame. It's in Lambeau, 2 levels and over 15,000 square feet. Takes a lot of room to explore the most successful franchise in the history of the NFL. 13 World Championships and counting.

OneTeamOneNation

PackersNation!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I know of a female acquaintance (sisters friend) that moved to Wisconsin.

She was born and raised in SD but her husband was from Wisconsin and after he retired being in So.Cal so long, he convinced her to go to Kohler,WI, and that is where they built their house.

Had her first winter there. She didn't complain much but it's year 1 lol.

I spent one winter in Iowa and that was enough for me. Never again.

Comment

• colorado
                    Fan since '62
                    • Jun 2023
                    • Desert Rat
                    • Nothing but time on my hands
                    • Send PM

you are right that if the game was at SoFi it would likely be a majority of Packer fans but that’s nothing unique. We see that with the Raiders, Chiefs, sometimes Broncos, Eagles, Steelers, Patriots etc.

i may go again to Lambeau this season. But Packer fans are kinda weird. The whole cheesehead thing is beyond silly. Steeler and Raider fans are tougher, Broncos and Eagles fans are ruder, Chiefs and Patriot fans are obnoxious.
                    The best tail gate party's I've been to are Oklahoma sooner ones. They treat you like they've known you forever. No attitudes. Food and drink galore. I miss those days. Had a lot of fun. Nothing like the college experience. No chip on their shoulders...lol
                    Last edited by colorado; 07-04-2023, 09:16 PM.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Lombo smiling After reading this…

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

I use to think Packer fans were all right.

So PackerNation is just par for the course in terms of general weirdness?

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Anybody who thinks their tailgate party holds up to a tailgate party @the Murph... just hasn't been there.

Sunday morning I roll out of bed... it's hard, because I was out until 1 am drinking @The Sunshine Company or listening to reggae at Winston's.
                          I swing by Roberto's for a Machaca Burrito. I pick up a Breakfast Burrito for Zeke and a Chorizo Burrito for Chuck... because that's our thing and I'm a nice guy.

I head for Section D4 and set up the pop-up. There is always sunshine on game day and a cool ocean breeze from the west. The gas burner, the grill, and the skillet fit perfectly under the shade. I'll be making fish tacos, Zeke will prepare his Mexican Mama's special carne asada recipe. Zeke's wife always makes fresh corn tortillas for the the tacos. Chuck's family is originally from Kansas City (he hates the Chiefs with all his might)... so he knows how to BBQ the chicken and ribs. I'd tell you how I make my white sauce so perfect... but then it wouldn't be a secret, would it...? The salsa is fresh and contains cilantro. Cilantro isn't a secret... it's always mandatory for anyone who really knows. If your cousin from Nebraska complains... tell him to go back to Nebraska. It's not traditional to put shredded cheddar on your fish taco. But if you put it right on top of the golden crusted fish immediately out of the pan... it will melt perfectly and provide a layer for your cabbage to sit on. Apply salsa, white sauce and Tapatio... and never, ever question whether a fan from another city is living larger than you.

Make sure to share... because you're nice. And you know Zeke and Chuck will give you some of theirs, too.
                          Always enjoy it with a couple of San Diego's famous microbrews. Don't settle for that shit they're pounding in Milwaukee... you're better than that. You deserve more.

Don't over-drink... because there is always that traditional shot of tequila we do @D4 just before we go in.
                          Find your South side seats. Remember, the North side is in the sun... and only un-witting visitors over-pay for those seats. After 4 hours of blazing sun and over-consuming of cheap beer... the North side will be littered with nearly passed-out slobs and smell like barf... not to mention all the whining and crying from the losing visiting team's fans.

They'll complain about the perfect weather... tell you how annoying it is that the bars close @2... complain about the Mexican border (even with Zeke sitting right in front of them) as they head for the trolley. Inform them that the sooner they go home... the better! Tell them to leave and never come back. But they won't. They never will. Because December sucks in Buffalo... Chicago... Minnesota... Green Bay... Detroit... New York... Kansas City... Denver...

Anyways... I'm 100% sure that tailgating can't be beat in San Diego. Anyone who thinks so... just hasn't been there.

Comment

Working...
                          X