• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

^ This...it can spread and become a locker room cancer...u think some of the guys that maybe deserve more coin might get a bit resentful of BellyEkkie? Or maybe start whining themselves? Like I said, the LAST thing we need now is a chorus of whiners and howlers...

image.png
    I think TT & Co handled Eke perfectly to avoid the line at the door.

1. Sure buddy, we will let you go negotiate and get yourself that $12M+ deal you think you should get. Unfortunately, we regret that we cannot afford that price tag.

2. Hey, you’re back. Oh, you didn’t find one, thats a bummer. No hard feelings, please come on in and let’s see what we can do.

3. tell ya what - since we are a kind generous group, we’ll add performance incentive clauses to your final contract year. We recognized you have had a couple great years and if you perform like that again, you’ll get an additional $1.75M bonus. Not too shabby, eh? Hey - did you know that more than 30 of your teammates makes less than just your $1.75M added bonus option, never mind your base salary.

4. Oh, and don’t forget we also gave you a signing bonus 4 years ago. That signing bonus was to reward you for the 4 years of anticipated service, so $1.25M of that $5M bonus applies to this year and is counted against the team cap. And you know, that cap, darnit it, its a hard cap thing, we have to abide. Maybe we paid you so long ago, you forgot about it. So $6.25 + 1.75 + 1.25 = $9.25M for this year if you play as well as you say you will. Thats a great amount of money in recognition of your contributions and we will be delighted if we have to pay the entire bonus amount to you.

So, you know, thank you, Eke. Rock on?
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

In the end, the NFL has become a passing league. That's why teams "over-pay" for QB's and WR's.
      The 3rd highest paid players are people who get after the QB's (pass rushers). Behind them come guys who cover the WR's (CB's).

A position group (or individual) can always stump for a raise... but with a salary-cap, that money will have to come from somewhere (or someone) else. With the Super Bowl being won by a team that started a 7th round RB. The Super Bowl loser let their RB leave in FA, too.

It is what it is...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
        In the end, the NFL has become a passing league. That's why teams "over-pay" for QB's and WR's.
        The 3rd highest paid players are people who get after the QB's (pass rushers). Behind them come guys who cover the WR's (CB's).

A position group (or individual) can always stump for a raise... but with a salary-cap, that money will have to come from somewhere (or someone) else. With the Super Bowl being won by a team that started a 7th round RB. The Super Bowl loser let their RB leave in FA, too.

It is what it is...
        Swipe Up Black Man GIF by Black Prez

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
          Moderate Skeptic
          • May 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

1. Sure buddy, we will let you go negotiate and get yourself that $12M+ deal you think you should get. Unfortunately, we regret that we cannot afford that price tag.

2. Hey, you’re back. Oh, you didn’t find one, thats a bummer. No hard feelings, please come on in and let’s see what we can do.

3. tell ya what - since we are a kind generous group, we’ll add performance incentive clauses to your final contract year. We recognized you have had a couple great years and if you perform like that again, you’ll get an additional $1.75M bonus. Not too shabby, eh? Hey - did you know that more than 30 of your teammates makes less than just your $1.75M added bonus option, never mind your base salary.

4. Oh, and don’t forget we also gave you a signing bonus 4 years ago. That signing bonus was to reward you for the 4 years of anticipated service, so $1.25M of that $5M bonus applies to this year and is counted against the team cap. And you know, that cap, darnit it, its a hard cap thing, we have to abide. Maybe we paid you so long ago, you forgot about it. So $6.25 + 1.75 + 1.25 = $9.25M for this year if you play as well as you say you will. Thats a great amount of money in recognition of your contributions and we will be delighted if we have to pay the entire bonus amount to you.

This is great - tongue in cheek combined with truth - you don't get that every day . . . . . . . . . . . thank you!

I'm sure if Eckler could read your breakdown he'd feel so much better . . . . . . . . . . . . . .(not).

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

LOL...well done, and true...the Bolts DID handle it well...and I would also add:

5. BTW, Bud, remember that $24 mil deal u signed three years ago? $15 mil of that was GUARANTEED...yep, that's right, dude...had u suffered a career-ending injury the first game of the season after inking that deal, we'd have been on the hook for all that dough...but hey, u didn't get hurt, so it worked out well for both of us...right?...right?...

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

I think he'll be a bust. I couldn't believe he went as high as he did. A little bit different situation but very similar to the Tennessee Titans picking Jake Locker in the top ten. Locker was a very inaccurate passer at Washington, but he was a good athlete. He had much more experience than Richardson, though.
              Exactly! Another QB I didn't like. Geez I forgot all about him lol.

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

In the corporate world, for example, how would you like it if a fellow co-worker were to start loudly complaining he was underpaid? How would you like it if he posted on social media and gave interviews that he was underpaid? What effect would it have on you and your co-workers? These are matters that should be handled quietly, between the unhappy worker and management. Otherwise, the malcontents multiply and morale plummets, spreading like cancer...this is the last thing the Bolts need...another distraction, in a year when they really do have the pieces in place for a legit SB run...
                I'm going to be interested to see if his chatter continues after training camp starts.
                or if he suffers "a season ending" sprain.
                starting to wonder if well carry 4 RBs on 53 not including the fullback Horvath.
                Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Wrbanwal
                  FUdean
                  • Dec 2022
                  • Send PM

In the spirit of the original topic -

I know the Chiefs have a way to plug-and-play but they gave up a lot for this guy.
                  Kansas City Chiefs top WR Kadarius Toney left prior to the start of practice with a knee injury that he suffered returning a punt before some of his teammates had even arrived on the field.

Comment

• Wrbanwal
                    FUdean
                    • Dec 2022
                    • Send PM

Hope this guy can run. 5' 10" 204 pounds!!!??? yikes
                    The Panthers signed No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young, who has already been tabbed as the starting quarterback, to a four-year, $37.9 million deal.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I'm going to be interested to see if his chatter continues after training camp starts.
                      starting to wonder if well carry 4 RBs on 53 not including the fullback Horvath.
                      I hope he’s calling the RBs on the Chiefs and Broncos … those guys shouldn’t take that kind of abusive shit!

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

If BellyEkkie pulls that, he'll lose a lot of credibility...he's already going out on a limb with this RB union idea...

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Wrbanwal View Post
                          Hope this guy can run. 5' 10" 204 pounds!!!??? yikes
                          Yeah, sorry, I'm for the little guy underdog as much as anybody, but there is no way I would ever draft a player this size to play QB in the NFL. Carolina is probably going to waste 2-3 seasons trying to make it work before realizing that it never had a chance.

Comment

Working...
                          X