• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Nothing wrong with Russell Wilson that a bigger private office wouldn’t fix. Maybe something with a corner window.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Broncos Sign WR Michael Bandy, Activate Kendall Hinton from PUP

Bandy spent two seasons with the Chargers.

The Donks loading up for a Super Bowl run.

Build Back Better.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
        Moderate Skeptic
        • May 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Good.
        this will give Wilson a false sense of security to continue to be lazy and undisciplined to perhaps a lesser degree.

vs being hard on Russ and holding him accountable and letting Russ respond to that. Good idea coach, coddle your baby.
        I'm sure this is all PR - for public consumption. Behind the scenes I bet Payton is kicking Wilson's ass . . . . . . . . . . because he's that kind of guy.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

"It was a mistake, obviously"

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — Denver Broncos coach Sean Payton said Friday he has “regret” for the explosive comments he made to USA Today earlier this week, in which he blasted previous Broncos coach Nathaniel Hackett, the team’s front office and leveled criticism of the New York Jets’ front office. Here’s what else you need to know:
          • On the comments, Payton said: “It was a mistake, obviously. I need a little bit more filter. … I said what I said, and obviously I needed a little bit more restraint. And I regret that.”
          • In comments to USA Today reporter Jarrett Bell earlier this week, Payton said Hackett and his 2022 staff put together “one of the worst coaching jobs in the history of the NFL. That’s how bad it was.”
          • Payton also criticized Denver’s front office for what he viewed as the “pomp and circumstance” of last offseason and for granting quarterback Russell Wilson’s personal coaches and staff members access to the team’s facility.
          • He criticized the Jets as well, for their in-the-spotlight offseason that will include an appearance on HBO’s Hard Knocks.
          What Payton said

On Wilson being allowed to have personal coaches at Broncos facilities, Payton told USA Today: “That wasn’t his fault. That was the parents who allowed it. That’s not an incrimination on him, but an incrimination on the head coach, the GM (Geroge Paton), the president (Damani Leech) and everybody else who watched it all happen.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Payton clarified his comments about Broncos leadership during his meeting with reporters after Friday’s opening training camp practice.

“The front office and the ownership and are the two reasons I came here,” Payton said. “George and I are close. He was one of the big attractions, he and ownership. My point was across the board organizationally, it wasn’t just one person. They’re good.”

Payton said his intent with his comments to USA Today was to provide vocal support of his players, who faced heavy criticism for their performance during Denver’s 5-12 season in 2022.

“These guys, and I said it to them (Thursday night), you deserve the best teaching in the world, and we’re going to give it to you,” Payton said Friday. “They really do. They’re the best players in the world and they deserve a chance. Now, it’s not going to be easy. Listen, I’m not afraid of the expectation. I’ve talked to several people about being used to contending for the postseason. You don’t take it for granted, but that mindset needs to be present here. I see this as a team that has that ability, and it’s our job to bring it out and them.”

Payton said “I think the world of” Jets coach Robert Saleh and would reach out about the comments he made regarding Hackett and the Jets “at the right time.”

“It will certainly bring more interest to the game when we play them, but that seems like years from now. But I’ll handle it the right way,” Payton said. How the Broncos are reacting

The comments made by Payton to USA Today were made in part to show support for his franchise quarterback in Wilson, who absorbed the bulk of the criticism for the 2022 disaster that included a league-worst 16.9 points per game scored. Wilson, speaking to the media Friday for the first time since OTAs, said he appreciated the way Payton “is stepping in and really leading our football team” since taking over as the coach in early February.

“He’s a world championship coach, Super Bowl champion, has won a lot of games, been in a lot of situations,” Wilson said. “I’ve always had a high regard for who he is as a coach and a man and as a competitor as well. He’s leading our football team in the right way.”

One aspect of Payton’s comments that seem to have resonated well among players was his declaration that he would be “pissed off” if the Broncos do not make the playoffs in 2023.

“That just lets you know how much he believes in this team,‘’ running back Javonte Williams said. “And that’s big for him to say with the season we had last year. He could have come in with any kind of mindset but for him to believe in us like that, it shows the talent we got here.” Required reading
          (Photo: Stacy Revere / Getty Images)
          G-Ro knows.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — Denver Broncos coach Sean Payton said Friday he has “regret” for the explosive comments he made to USA Today earlier this week, in which he blasted previous Broncos coach Nathaniel Hackett, the team’s front office and leveled criticism of the New York Jets’ front office. Here’s what else you need to know:
            • On the comments, Payton said: “It was a mistake, obviously. I need a little bit more filter. … I said what I said, and obviously I needed a little bit more restraint. And I regret that.”
            • In comments to USA Today reporter Jarrett Bell earlier this week, Payton said Hackett and his 2022 staff put together “one of the worst coaching jobs in the history of the NFL. That’s how bad it was.”
            • Payton also criticized Denver’s front office for what he viewed as the “pomp and circumstance” of last offseason and for granting quarterback Russell Wilson’s personal coaches and staff members access to the team’s facility.
            • He criticized the Jets as well, for their in-the-spotlight offseason that will include an appearance on HBO’s Hard Knocks.
            What Payton said

On Wilson being allowed to have personal coaches at Broncos facilities, Payton told USA Today: “That wasn’t his fault. That was the parents who allowed it. That’s not an incrimination on him, but an incrimination on the head coach, the GM (Geroge Paton), the president (Damani Leech) and everybody else who watched it all happen.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Payton clarified his comments about Broncos leadership during his meeting with reporters after Friday’s opening training camp practice.

“The front office and the ownership and are the two reasons I came here,” Payton said. “George and I are close. He was one of the big attractions, he and ownership. My point was across the board organizationally, it wasn’t just one person. They’re good.”

Payton said his intent with his comments to USA Today was to provide vocal support of his players, who faced heavy criticism for their performance during Denver’s 5-12 season in 2022.

“These guys, and I said it to them (Thursday night), you deserve the best teaching in the world, and we’re going to give it to you,” Payton said Friday. “They really do. They’re the best players in the world and they deserve a chance. Now, it’s not going to be easy. Listen, I’m not afraid of the expectation. I’ve talked to several people about being used to contending for the postseason. You don’t take it for granted, but that mindset needs to be present here. I see this as a team that has that ability, and it’s our job to bring it out and them.”

Payton said “I think the world of” Jets coach Robert Saleh and would reach out about the comments he made regarding Hackett and the Jets “at the right time.”

“It will certainly bring more interest to the game when we play them, but that seems like years from now. But I’ll handle it the right way,” Payton said. How the Broncos are reacting

The comments made by Payton to USA Today were made in part to show support for his franchise quarterback in Wilson, who absorbed the bulk of the criticism for the 2022 disaster that included a league-worst 16.9 points per game scored. Wilson, speaking to the media Friday for the first time since OTAs, said he appreciated the way Payton “is stepping in and really leading our football team” since taking over as the coach in early February.

“He’s a world championship coach, Super Bowl champion, has won a lot of games, been in a lot of situations,” Wilson said. “I’ve always had a high regard for who he is as a coach and a man and as a competitor as well. He’s leading our football team in the right way.”

One aspect of Payton’s comments that seem to have resonated well among players was his declaration that he would be “pissed off” if the Broncos do not make the playoffs in 2023.

“That just lets you know how much he believes in this team,‘’ running back Javonte Williams said. “And that’s big for him to say with the season we had last year. He could have come in with any kind of mindset but for him to believe in us like that, it shows the talent we got here.” Required reading
            douchey. he had to take back ownership blame lol.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltdiehard
              The Precious
              • May 2019
              • Send PM

Jets and Broncos play in week four not sure where it is but I’m guessing the Jets will be motivated and hopefully Rodgers shreds them and Wilson gets sacked fourteen times.

Fuck Denver

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

douchey. he had to take back ownership blame lol.
                Yes. Hahaha
                G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                  Moderate Skeptic
                  • May 2022
                  • Send PM

What Payton said

ADVERTISEMENT

What a shit show . . . . . . . . . . Payton's a horses ass

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

I see the Jets having a special play drawn up where the ball carrier gets knocked out of bounds and continues running until he takes out Payton’s knees. Kind of a Lights Out special.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                      I see the Jets having a special play drawn up where the ball carrier gets knocked out of bounds and continues running until he takes out Payton’s knees. Kind of a Lights Out special.
                      The ol Mid Field Mack Truck Sweep
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                        Moderate Skeptic
                        • May 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post
                        Jets and Broncos play in week four not sure where it is but I’m guessing the Jets will be motivated and hopefully Rodgers shreds them and Wilson gets sacked fourteen times.

Fuck Denver
                        I'm willing to bet Saleh will have the Jets playing out of their minds for this game . . . . . . . . . . . . brilliant move on Payton's part . . . . . . . was this guy always such a dickhead??

Fuck Denver

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post

Fuck Denver
                          My money is on Saleh to beat Payton’s ass either before or after the game. There’s no amount of damage control Payton can do. He said what he said

Comment

Working...
                          X