• Show
Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Tyreek Hill has settled with the guy he assaulted last month. Now we await the NFL's action, or inaction, whatever the case may be. Hill has a history of violence and disciplinary action by the league, so it's not unreasonable to assume he will receive a suspension to start the season. I'm reasonably confident the Chargers can beat the 'Fins even with Hill, but without Hill the chance of a fluke play where he picks up the ball out of a fumble scrum and sprints for six is eliminated.

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
      Nyheim Hines was sitting on a jet ski. Someone on another jet ski crashed into him. He shredded his knee. Out for the season.

TG
      Way unfortunate.
      P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
      P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
      P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
      P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• Wrbanwal
        FUdean
        • Dec 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
        Nyheim Hines was sitting on a jet ski. Someone on another jet ski crashed into him. He shredded his knee. Out for the season.

TG
        I heard there is a disgruntled rb available in La

Comment

• Heatmiser
          BetterToday ThanYesterday
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
          Saquon Barkley and the Giants agreed on a 1-year $11 mil contract. That's about $1 mil more than the franchise tag would've paid him. And if they franchise him again next year it has to be 20 percent higher, which would be $13.2 mil.
          I guess he missed the Zoom call? He will be accused of breaking ranks.....

TG
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

So owners can ask for money back from players who underperform their contract, but players who overperform their contract can’t ask for additional money?
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
              So owners can ask for money back from players who underperform their contract, but players who overperform their contract can’t ask for additional money?
              I guess this is the customary thing to do when in the last year of your contract. No?
              Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Huh?
                "I paid you $3m last year and I didn't like your game. Get $2m out of your bank and give it to me. You suck."
                You have any examples?

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Huh?
                  "I paid you $3m last year and I didn't like your game. Get $2m out of your bank and give it to me. You suck."
                  You have any examples?
                  It happens all the time. If a contract isn't guaranteed, teams ask players who underperform to take pay cuts and if they don't they can cut them. Ezekiel Elliot is an example. He underperformed relative to his contract so the Cowboys cut him loose with three more years left on the contract he signed in 2019. The owners have all the power in the regard. Elliot could end up back on the Cowboys making significantly less than his contracted amount. If underperforming players can be forced to take a pay cut, why shouldn't over-performing players be entitled to better compensation?

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

It happens all the time. If a contract isn't guaranteed, teams ask players who underperform to take pay cuts and if they don't they can cut them. Ezekiel Elliot is an example. He underperformed relative to his contract so the Cowboys cut him loose with three more years left on the contract he signed in 2019. The owners have all the power in the regard. Elliot could end up back on the Cowboys making significantly less than his contracted amount. If underperforming players can be forced to take a pay cut, why shouldn't over-performing players be entitled to better compensation?
                    Actually, the league does have a program to give a bonus to rookies that contribute considerably more than expected. Do you think something similar should be available to vets?

I don't, I think they can always ask to renegotiate or opt for free agency. They have far more options than you or I have if we sign a contract.
                    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                      Moderate Skeptic
                      • May 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Nope. A deal’s a deal. a man (or woman) has gotta keep his word, same with an organization. When you sign your name, you have made a solemn pledge.

Hey - I got a new theory of this kerfuffle, let me test it out. Eke is wicked smart, right? We all agree? Ok - here’s the theory:

Ekeler developed an elaborate briar rabbit trap to sucker every other elite RB to get pissed, defiant, rebellious, and angry in order to then get them to all hold out and not play. That was his zoom call - specifically to use groupthink peer pressure on the reluctant few not yet fully on board. All the while during the call he’s saying “fuck yeah bros, i am sooooo with you, 110%. I’m gonna organize your, er i mean our march to justice, i’m going to take you all the way. Oh .. but … you know, i gotta play. But Not because I want to, because it’s whats best for you = you the rebels, fighting for justice that only you deserve! you gotta hold out, you gotta stand strong, you gotta stick it to the man!”

he’ll be the only elite RB that plays in 2023, guaranteeing the Chargers a SB VICTORY!
                      Ummm . . . . . . . . . you're putting too much effort into this

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                        Moderate Skeptic
                        • May 2022
                        • Send PM

Owner's can't get money back . . . . . . . . . they signed a contract. That's one of the reasons RB's are devalued - they miss too many games.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Send PM

Nick Bosa is not reporting to 49ers camp even though he's under contract for 2023. He wants a new contract.

Comment

Working...
                          X