• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ghost of Quacksaw
    Beef Before Gazelles
    • May 2021
    • Send PM

The Pats are taking a look at Zeke.

Free-agent RB Ezekiel Elliott visiting Patriots today (nfl.com)

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
      Nothing wrong with Russell Wilson that a bigger private office wouldn’t fix. Maybe something with a corner window.
      Good one. I'll have to use it in the future. Thank you.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Joe Burrow out for several weeks with his strained calf. He'll miss most of training camp then. Wonder if that's going to affect the Bengals' offense to start the season.

I have a calf strain myself from softball Thurs night, sprinting to first to stay out of a double play. It's like a big knot in the middle of my right calf. My sweetie massaged it for a few minutes last night but it's still there this morning.

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
          Joe Burrow out for several weeks with his strained calf. He'll miss most of training camp then. Wonder if that's going to affect the Bengals' offense to start the season.

I have a calf strain myself from softball Thurs night, sprinting to first to stay out of a double play. It's like a big knot in the middle of my right calf. My sweetie massaged it for a few minutes last night but it's still there this morning.
          I remember the old RICE acronym. Rest,Ice, Compression, Elevation. Whatever's convenient helps. an Ace bandage always fits.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

All those TC updates are cool i guess but it dont mean anything good or bad til Preseason games start. How well a player is doing in shorts is always misleading and why i dont follow OTAs or TC. I just hope for no injuries.

If you read comments on the Lance post, a fan posted thst Purdy was only 2 of 9 with a pick 6 but Lance is getting bagged on lol. I didnt know Purdy was throwing already though.

QJ needs the reps and why he gets a lot of them but he isnt beating out MW or Keenan.
            After the 2023 season we'll see who stays, who goes and then we know who takes over.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Burrow has been injured 3 TCs in a row now......or at least started out hurt or hurt during hurt for 3 straight.

Calf and hamstring cramps/strains ....they hurt. Used to get hamstring "charley horses" in my sleep when i played. Talk about being woke up rudely lol.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

All those TC updates are cool i guess but it dont mean anything good or bad til Preseason games start. How well a player is doing in shorts is always misleading and why i dont follow OTAs or TC. I just hope for no injuries.

If you read comments on the Lance post, a fan posted thst Purdy was only 2 of 9 with a pick 6 but Lance is getting bagged on lol. I didnt know Purdy was throwing already though.

QJ needs the reps and why he gets a lot of them but he isnt beating out MW or Keenan.
                After the 2023 season we'll see who stays, who goes and then we know who takes over.
                not always, but sure can be misleading. Hearing big positives out of Carolina too. Just early data points but it’s better than hearing they suck. I know you’re a skeptic but I’m telling you this guy will be a beast. he will get his mechanics fixed and raise his completion rate > 10% and he’ll make ballin’ plays normal men cannot make. I would think 2023 is premature to expect to see it come together but who knows.
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

OT

Colorado leaves the Pac12. If that’s not the final nail in the coffin, it’s the next to last.

I can no longer support SDSU going to the PAC12. They’d be joining a dying conference. And they’re not a big enough name to save it. Better to stay in The Mountain West and be the big dog in the conference than go to the PAC and be a bit player in a conference that does not want you. Yes, they are San Diego Stinking State to the PAC.

And if they get a Big12 invite, now that’s worth thinking about.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                    Moderate Skeptic
                    • May 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Arm strength is the easiest of the QB talents - you either were born with the ability (or not). Accuracy and (above all) decision making are far more important. The NFL is littered with guys who could throw the ball 60 yards 'with a flick of the wrist', and yet failed to be successful - anyone remember Ed Luther? We already know Richardson's a great athlete. We knew that last year in college. Can he read defenses, make good (quick) decisions, and deliver the ball on time and accurately?

Hopefully Lance has been smart with his money . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                      Moderate Skeptic
                      • May 2022
                      • Send PM

OT

Colorado leaves the Pac12. If that’s not the final nail in the coffin, it’s the next to last.

I can no longer support SDSU going to the PAC12. They’d be joining a dying conference. And they’re not a big enough name to save it. Better to stay in The Mountain West and be the big dog in the conference than go to the PAC and be a bit player in a conference that does not want you. Yes, they are San Diego Stinking State to the PAC.

Agreed . . . . . . . .it's sad because it used to be a great conference. but the PAC '12' is DOA.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

OT

The P12 remnant likely merges with MWC anyway. CO exit will be followed by the NW teams, maybe UA and even ASU. I’ve been hoping they’d get a bid from Big12 but that looks very doubtful. B12 should rethink it - a foothold in SoCal would be an add for them, there is no other SoCal option. I read they were more interested in the CO, AZ schools.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                          Moderate Skeptic
                          • May 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

not always, but sure can be misleading. Hearing big positives out of Carolina too. Just early data points but it’s better than hearing they suck. I know you’re a skeptic but I’m telling you this guy will be a beast. he will get his mechanics fixed and raise his completion rate > 10% and he’ll make ballin’ plays normal men cannot make. I would think 2023 is premature to expect to see it come together but who knows.
                          Richardson feels like Akili Smith to me . . . . . . . . . . we'll see. If he fails at QB he can always play RB . . . .

Comment

Working...
                          X