• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I think AJ was different - he drank his own koolaid somwhere around 2006 or 2007 and really believed he was smarter than everyone else in football. Not just smarter than Marty but smarter than everyone. He went from “line em up 3 deep and compete” to “i don’t think any rookies can make our roster”. He shifted picks from restocking with solid players to his whims and hunches on his elusive one missing piece and ignored data as just not as smart as him. Exhibit 1: Jacob Fucking Hester

He’s the Ziggy Stardust of football, eventually the band had to kill him.

Jerry’s is also an egomaniac …. Maybe he has some AJ in him but its not exactly the same
    AJ turned into a pumpkin the moment he shit canned Buddy Nix, and ushered out Marty's coaching staff.

He then proceeded to lean on NOrv: Buster Douglas was Norv's choice, and probably Hester as well.
    Remember, Ted Kottrel was D-coordinator for two of those drafts.

How they chose Weddle is a mystery. Probably A.J. going back to gut instinct.

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

AJ turned into a pumpkin the moment he shit canned Buddy Nix, and ushered out Marty's coaching staff.

He then proceeded to lean on NOrv: Buster Douglas was Norv's choice, and probably Hester as well.
      Remember, Ted Kottrel was D-coordinator for two of those drafts.

How they chose Weddle is a mystery. Probably A.J. going back to gut instinct.
      AJ didn't like Polamalu. His gut was garbage on safeties.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
        Beef Before Gazelles
        • May 2021
        • Send PM

The Dolphins have officially named Tua's backup: Mike White <eyes bulge>

NFL news roundup: Latest league updates from Monday, Sept. 4

So... I guess that having a QB2 that's as big a dropoff from the starter as Stick is to Herbert isn't so rare?!?​

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post
          The Dolphins have officially named Tua's backup: Mike White <eyes bulge>

NFL news roundup: Latest league updates from Monday, Sept. 4

So... I guess that having a QB2 that's as big a dropoff from the starter as Stick is to Herbert isn't so rare?!?​
          I think White is an upgrade to Stick. I'd rather have him for sure over Stick but White has been very injury prone is all.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

AJ didn't like Polamalu. His gut was garbage on safeties.
            My understanding from afar is that Marty steered AJ away from Polamalu, over fears of concussion injuries.

Not a knock on Marty, who kept on stumbling onto teams who became uber talented, with him as head coach.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
              Moderate Skeptic
              • May 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I think White is an upgrade to Stick. I'd rather have him for sure over Stick but White has been very injury prone is all.
              White is most definitely better than Stick (when healthy), but the 'better than Stick' bar is set . . . . . . . . . . . . . . really low

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Still waiting to see Stick with the actual OL blocking for him, and not backups…cuz we actually never ever have.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                  Still waiting to see Stick with the actual OL blocking for him, and not backups…cuz we actually never ever have.
                  I’d be happy if Stick is better than Daniel when he relieved JH for a couple of plays last year.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

I’d be happy if Stick is better than Daniel when he relieved JH for a couple of plays last year.
                    Daniel was never intended to provide a reasonable replacement for Herbert if Herbert had to miss a couple of plays or a couple of games. When Herbert was injured last season I posted highlight videos of the last two games Daniel started as backup. He sucked in both games. He was brought in for one purpose, and that was to help Herbert learn how to prepare for games in Lombardi's system. Daniel had been a backup for several seasons in New Orleans while Lombardi was the QB coach there. I'd really like them to find a backup who could give the Chargers a chance to win if he had to replace Herbert in a game or start a few games in place of Herbert. Like Billy Volek, who was Phil Rivers' backup for 4-5 seasons early in Rivers career. I don't think Stick is the answer.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Daniel was never intended to provide a reasonable replacement for Herbert if Herbert had to miss a couple of plays or a couple of games. When Herbert was injured last season I posted highlight videos of the last two games Daniel started as backup. He sucked in both games. He was brought in for one purpose, and that was to help Herbert learn how to prepare for games in Lombardi's system. Daniel had been a backup for several seasons in New Orleans while Lombardi was the QB coach there. I'd really like them to find a backup who could give the Chargers a chance to win if he had to replace Herbert in a game or start a few games in place of Herbert. Like Billy Volek, who was Phil Rivers' backup for 4-5 seasons early in Rivers career. I don't think Stick is the answer.
                      I’m aware that he brought in as bridge but doesn’t mean he has to suck when working with the ones. We paid him a lot of money for being a backup. It would have easier to swallow if he was vet minimum. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2019
                        • Utah
                        • Midnight Toker
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                        WTF! Why are we still talking about Stick? He's like the main topic as of late. Weird.

Comment

• northerner
                          Charger fan since '79
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

amen. Daniel was worthless in real action when he had to go in. at least Stick can run for some yards in a pinch.

Comment

Working...
                          X