• Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
    KC dysfunction (Chris Jones and Kelce)
    LVr dysfunction (McDaniels and Chandler Jones)
    Den dysfunction (Payton and Wilson)

LAC dysfunction? Crickets.
    It does seem the Chargers are the only team in the AFC West that is going into the season with all their ducks in a row - quietly. The Chris Jones holdout in KC (plus I heard that Kelce said someplace that he is underpaid). The dysfunction in both Denver and Las Vegans. What I find amusing about the Broncos and Raiders is that the most moronic coach in Broncos history is now in Las Vegas and Sean Payton is in Denver saying "hold my beer" I'll show you how to be really moronic.

Additionally, among the top four AFC teams, the Chargers are the only one who had an issue-free summer and preseason. The Chris Jones situ in KC as mentioned. In Buff there is some weirdness going on between Allen and Diggs. In Cinn, Burrow got injured in training camp and was out a lot longer than anyone was expecting. Jax has also had a quiet and simpatico camp and preseason as have the Ravens.

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

It does seem the Chargers are the only team in the AFC West that is going into the season with all their ducks in a row - quietly. The Chris Jones holdout in KC (plus I heard that Kelce said someplace that he is underpaid). The dysfunction in both Denver and Las Vegans. What I find amusing about the Broncos and Raiders is that the most moronic coach in Broncos history is now in Las Vegas and Sean Payton is in Denver saying "hold my beer" I'll show you how to be really moronic.

Additionally, among the top four AFC teams, the Chargers are the only one who had an issue-free summer and preseason. The Chris Jones situ in KC as mentioned. In Buff there is some weirdness going on between Allen and Diggs. In Cinn, Burrow got injured in training camp and was out a lot longer than anyone was expecting. Jax has also had a quiet and simpatico camp and preseason as have the Ravens.
      And the only bit of drama (Ekeler) was resolved beautifully by the front office well ahead of time.
      Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

And the only bit of drama (Ekeler) was resolved beautifully by the front office well ahead of time.
        Yep...say what u want about the Spani and TT, but they really did show some class and they bent over backwards to be fair to Ekkie by adding those incentives, AND by not making any inflammatory public statements...
        (Or on social media...)

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Chris Jones was interviewed while handing out free meals at Ronald McDonald Children's Hospital.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
            Moderate Skeptic
            • May 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Completely agree. I remember the original movie, I predicted the sequel the day he was hired. Example #2 that Xs & O's don't guarantee a great HC.
            I am also betting that Payton's "genius" lies in having a HOF QB and he is also of the descriptor Lefty fixed your post with.

The division will come down to two again.

On a side OT note, I haven't said anything nasty to a TPB brother in a full day. No congratulations are in order, just trying. baby steps ... I fear the relapse must be coming soon. Just ask the frog about the scorpion. #fingerscrossed for a long remission, I owe Fleet that.
            Your restraint has been appreciated . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . for however long it lasts

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

#NickBosa

I remember how gut-churning it was when Joey & his agent were holding up negotiations. All I know is, you sign Nick Bosa and worry about the rest, later.

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Chris Jones was interviewed while handing out free meals at Ronald McDonald Children's Hospital.
                Put me in the, "some who LOVE it" camp.
                Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

The Vegans odds for Lions-Chiefs has moved fairly significantly in the past few days. I was Chiefs -6 or -7. Now it's -4.5.

EDIT: Why is it that every time I write Vegas it comes out Vegans?

Comment

• Berserker76
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2019
                    • Send PM

#NickBosa

I remember how gut-churning it was when Joey & his agent were holding up negotiations. All I know is, you sign Nick Bosa and worry about the rest, later.
                    Great news, looking forward to that team going into a downward spiral that will start with a loss to the Steelers.

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I prefer to say that Nick Bosa was capped on his earnings and was a bargain for the 49ers for four years. This is his paid to get paid.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                        I don't see anything wrong with it. He had Brees as his QB for many years and he worked hard, and it paid off for everyone.
                        Isn't that what you want in your QB?
                        idunno - Wilson seems like a diva to me and that was a harsh bitch slap heard around the world. or maybe i'm not reading it right . I can't recall a HC so publicly harsh on his starting QB before the first game. i'm sure there is an example in a 100 year NFL history but its not normal. HC's usually state complete confidence in their starter right up to the second they say he's not starting. Even then, they'll say "we just feel at ths time that (QB2here) gives us the best chance to win" or some other pablum.

Either Payton is genius or he's creating a shitstorm in that org. We will see after a few weeks. Given his Hackett fiasco, i'm not betting he's a genius. Wilson doesn't seem like a guy that likes to be told to be like Brees. its interesting, thats for sure.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

I prefer to say that Nick Bosa was capped on his earnings and was a bargain for the 49ers for four years. This is his paid to get paid.
                          Shefter reported today he signed 5 yrs / $170M, I think it was $120M guaranteed. Highest paid defensive player by a wiiiiiiiiiiide margin now.
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X