Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    I cannot fathom having that many kids! I have 3 and that was a lot of work. I grew up with 6 sisters and a brother and it was pure chaos all the time.
    It helps to have Rivers' $

Comment

• Caslon
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2019
      • Send PM

I’ve noticed that Rogers at only age 39 is already showing premature gray in his beard. Also, it may take 2 years for his injury to fully heal. The old man should retire and most likely will, I bet.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
        I’ve noticed that Rogers at only age 39 is already showing premature gray in his beard. Also, it may take 2 years for his injury to fully heal. The old man should retire and most likely will, I bet.
        This is my thinking. Rodgers is closer to 40 (Dec) than 39.

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by YAC View Post

I like your posts a lot, but I can't help but feel mockery in this post. Really hope I'm wrong. Frankly it might detract from my high regard.
          I love, love, love the Jets and I think Aaron Rodgers was a fool for thinking he could do this at 40 years of age, and owner Woody Johnson for putting the team through that. The Mara Family would not do such a thing, that is the difference between Giants and Jets ownership. The hubris was so great by both individuals, and the karma so immediate. BTW, I made that last night. It's my work.

I make a NFL video when I can't properly express my frustration.

Comment

• CivilBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SK21209 View Post
            I already hated seeing LT in a Jets jersey, please don't let me have to watch Rivers in one.
            Same with Cro “baby maker” martie.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

Same with Cro “baby maker” martie.
              On the bright side, at least Rivers can remember the names of his kids...

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

We know the guy is hyper competitive and to go to a team with some weapons and a loaded D would give him a shot to win a ring. But we don't know if he is interested, in shape, or even has anything left and how that 41 year old body would handle playing behind a bad offensive line.

I'd hate to see him come out of retirement to play for another team though.
                He already has played for another team. He hasn't played since 2020.

This season just started so I'd guess he might say no but last year why not come back with a chance to play in a SB after 1 game?

Gordon got a ring doing nothing lol.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Travis Kelce is back.
                  He will be blanketed by T. Swift...
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Send PM

Matthew Stafford showed he's not done, the Rams going to Seattle and thumping the Seahawks. He threw for 334 yds and 0 INTs and his two top WRs were tiny Tutu Atwell and a rookie 5th rounder out of BYU, Puka Nacua.

Does anybody remember Nacua from the Rams-Chargers preseason game? I don't. He is a physical clone of Josh Palmer, same height/weight/speed. It was his first NFL game ever, and he was constantly open, Stafford finding him and converting first downs. He did not look like a rookie starting his first game. He was the 177th pick in the draft. He had 10 catches for 119 yds receiving as a rookie 5th round draft pick in his first NFL game. How often does that happen?

On the other sideline was Jaxon Smith-Njigba, the first WR take in the draft. He caught a few passes but was a non-factor.

Stafford's other WR, who also had 119 yds receiving, was Tutu Atwell. Atwell is a clone of Derius Davis in height/weight/speed. The Rams drafted him in 2021 and he was hurt most of the year as a rookie. He was their kick returner for the first few games but Stafford did throw him a single pass. In 2022 he had 300 receiving yds and scored once and was inactive or injure for four games. On Sunday he was getting open and making big plays downfield.

The Rams had to use these two guys because Kupp is hurt and Van Jefferson, the WR they drafted in the 2nd round a few years ago, isn't very good.

If a rookie 5th round WR can do what Nacua did in his first NFL game, I think Moore needs to take the training wheels off QJ and let him ball. Get QJ as much playing time as possible so he has some experience and can step in if Keenan or Mike get injured.

Atwell's performance also says that DD can be developed into more than a gimmick WR who only plays a few snaps per game. Atwell was getting open deep and Stafford was finding him and he was making catches.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                      Travis Kelce is back.
                      He will be blanketed by T. Swift...
                      Maybe being rushed back?
                      ... we don't root for injuries.

What about "reinjuries" as a result of unwisely being rushed back?
                      Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                        Matthew Stafford showed he's not done, the Rams going to Seattle and thumping the Seahawks. He threw for 334 yds and 0 INTs and his two top WRs were tiny Tutu Atwell and a rookie 5th rounder out of BYU, Puka Nacua.

Does anybody remember Nacua from the Rams-Chargers preseason game? I don't. He is a physical clone of Josh Palmer, same height/weight/speed. It was his first NFL game ever, and he was constantly open, Stafford finding him and converting first downs. He did not look like a rookie starting his first game. He was the 177th pick in the draft. He had 10 catches for 119 yds receiving as a rookie 5th round draft pick in his first NFL game. How often does that happen?

On the other sideline was Jaxon Smith-Njigba, the first WR take in the draft. He caught a few passes but was a non-factor.

Stafford's other WR, who also had 119 yds receiving, was Tutu Atwell. Atwell is a clone of Derius Davis in height/weight/speed. The Rams drafted him in 2021 and he was hurt most of the year as a rookie. He was their kick returner for the first few games but Stafford did throw him a single pass. In 2022 he had 300 receiving yds and scored once and was inactive or injure for four games. On Sunday he was getting open and making big plays downfield.

The Rams had to use these two guys because Kupp is hurt and Van Jefferson, the WR they drafted in the 2nd round a few years ago, isn't very good.

If a rookie 5th round WR can do what Nacua did in his first NFL game, I think Moore needs to take the training wheels off QJ and let him ball. Get QJ as much playing time as possible so he has some experience and can step in if Keenan or Mike get injured.

Atwell's performance also says that DD can be developed into more than a gimmick WR who only plays a few snaps per game. Atwell was getting open deep and Stafford was finding him and he was making catches.

Maybe we should keep Zac Robinson's number as a candidate to replace Moore if everything still goes according to plan and Moore is a HC somewhere.
                        Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Maybe being rushed back?
                          ... we don't root for injuries.

What about "reinjuries" as a result of unwisely being rushed back?
                          "T. Swift."
                          Hmmmm.
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X