• Show
Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

The Rams' 5th round rookie Puka Nucua is 2nd in the league in receiving yards with 501. Justin Jefferson leads the league with 534; Keenan Allen is 4th with 434.

The Texans' Tank Dell (#69 3rd rnd) is the 2nd leading rookie WR with 267 yds/2 TDs. He is the only other rookie in the top 25 (18th).

Ravens rookie WR Zay Flowers (#22 1st) has 244 yds/0 TDs.

Lions rookie TE Sam LaPorta (#34 2nd) and Broncos rookie Marvin Mimms (#63 2nd) each have 242 yds/2 TDs.

Vikings rookie WR Jordan Addison (#23 1st) has 185 yds/2 TDs.

Colts rookie WR Josh Downs (#79 3rd) has 158 yds/0 TDs

Chiefs rookie WR Rashee Rice (#55 2nd) has 140 yds/1 TD

Bijan Robinson has 134 yds/1 TD receiving

Packers rookie TE Luke Musgrave (#42 2nd) has 125/0 TDs

The first WR taken, Jaxon-Smith-Ngijba (#20 1st), has 57 yds/0 TDs through three games. He plays tonight.

QJ has 6 catches for 44 yds/0 TDs. Derius Davis has 4 for 24 yds/0 TDs.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

The Bears are going to need it. I have a feeling they are going to blow it up this off season and start over. They may be the winner of the Caleb Williams sweepstakes. They went from Mitch Trubisky to Justin Fields. They have to get it right this time.
      I personally would probably pass on Claypool - unless the bears pay his salary and it only costs a 7th - maybe

Comment

• Heatmiser
        BetterToday ThanYesterday
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Oh no! Russ was one of my favorite players from an era when the Patriots were a very different team. Pre Craft and Belicheck. When Steve Grogan was young and they had Bam Cunningham and Andy Johnson running the ball and Stanley Morgan and Darryl Stingley at WR. Francis was a really good and complete TE when TEs were not cool.

God rest his soul. Another reminder we don't pick our own time and we all end up equal at some point.

TG
        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
          Oh no! Russ was one of my favorite players from an era when the Patriots were a very different team. Pre Craft and Belicheck. When Steve Grogan was young and they had Bam Cunningham and Andy Johnson running the ball and Stanley Morgan and Darryl Stingley at WR. Francis was a really good and complete TE when TEs were not cool.

God rest his soul. Another reminder we don't pick our own time and we all end up equal at some point.

TG
          I was watching that Raiders-Patriots game when Stingley went down.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

TG
            Was Raymond Clayborn a DB on those team

Sugar Bear Hamilton was NT

and truly - one of teh best patriots of all time - who probably by current fans have guys like Bruschi, Edelman, maybe Richard Seymour - but true Pat fans knew how good not only Russ Francis was at TE - but also Jon Hannah at OG -

RIP Russ Francis

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

He was also called "Not very self motivated" by the Steelers. Hard pass on a head case. We drafted QJ and DD and Guyton should be back soon. If Parham is out for a while, we'll need a TE hel- far more than WR.

We are never very active at the trade deadline so I really don't see us doing much. One thing I'd do in a heart beat is something I've posted a few times - sign Araiza as a replacement for Scott. Just not a fan of high, short punts that come back to haunt us at the worst possible time. Staley might not feel the need to be so aggressive on 4th down if he had a weapon like Araiza that could flip the field.
              I was making a joke about Steelers because, well, i dislike them and their offense has been lousy for a long time. But in no way do I endorse trading for this lunatic.

you are right, TT is never active in mid-season trading. I agree with your punter perspective, not a big fan. Seems like TT was so shaken by having a failed punter that now he's settled for a "C" grade as good enough.

Regarding Young - I'll never get on board with a 5'10" QB in the NFL. I wish him lucky trying to prove me wrong.

Hey - didn't LV's QB look a bit like Carr when he had his helmet on yesterday?
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                The Rams' 5th round rookie Puka Nucua is 2nd in the league in receiving yards with 501. Justin Jefferson leads the league with 534; Keenan Allen is 4th with 434.

The Texans' Tank Dell (#69 3rd rnd) is the 2nd leading rookie WR with 267 yds/2 TDs. He is the only other rookie in the top 25 (18th).

Ravens rookie WR Zay Flowers (#22 1st) has 244 yds/0 TDs.

Lions rookie TE Sam LaPorta (#34 2nd) and Broncos rookie Marvin Mimms (#63 2nd) each have 242 yds/2 TDs.

Vikings rookie WR Jordan Addison (#23 1st) has 185 yds/2 TDs.

Colts rookie WR Josh Downs (#79 3rd) has 158 yds/0 TDs

Chiefs rookie WR Rashee Rice (#55 2nd) has 140 yds/1 TD

Bijan Robinson has 134 yds/1 TD receiving

Packers rookie TE Luke Musgrave (#42 2nd) has 125/0 TDs

The first WR taken, Jaxon-Smith-Ngijba (#20 1st), has 57 yds/0 TDs through three games. He plays tonight.

QJ has 6 catches for 44 yds/0 TDs. Derius Davis has 4 for 24 yds/0 TDs.
                there is always a random late pick that bursts out of nowhere. There were 33 WRs taken in the draft. 19 of them were taken before Puka. your list of rookies that haven't done shit is longer. Don't let that frustrate you. Last year we had a R5 pick become our starting LT.

Bijan also has over 300 rush yards, avg 6.0. Zero fumble so far. He was my guy. Zay Flowers was the receiver I wanted pre-draft, he was the most pro-ready imo. Looks like I've got an eye for this scouting shit
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2022
                  • Send PM

Right now the Chicago Bears and Carolina Panthers are the only 0-4 teams in the NFL. The Bears own the Panthers' first-round pick, so Chicago is in the "lead" to have the first and second selections in next April's draft. Thirty years from now there might be a statue of the Bears' current general manager if he drafts Caleb Williams and Marvin Harrison, Jr. and they end up being Hall of Famers who lead them to at least one Super Bowl title.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                    Moderate Skeptic
                    • May 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post
                    Right now the Chicago Bears and Carolina Panthers are the only 0-4 teams in the NFL. The Bears own the Panthers' first-round pick, so Chicago is in the "lead" to have the first and second selections in next April's draft. Thirty years from now there might be a statue of the Bears' current general manager if he drafts Caleb Williams and Marvin Harrison, Jr. and they end up being Hall of Famers who lead them to at least one Super Bowl title.
                    Caleb Williams looks like the next Mahomes, but he may not be too happy going to Chicago. Probably one of the reasons why his Pops continues to talk about the possibility of him coming back for another year . . . . . . . . . . . . keeps his options open if the 'winner' of first selection in the 24 draft is not to his liking. Plus isn't he making something like 3 mil in NIL this year? I bet he could double that if he comes back next year . . . . . . . . . talk about having life by the balls

Comment

• MagicMamba88
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Send PM

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post
                        I don't understand why it's so controversial or why anybody thinks it should be banned. It's no different from a non-goal-line scrum in which the offense is pushing their ball carrier forward while the defense is trying to bring him down. It happens all the time in the NFL. But I also think it's risky to do that to your QB. If Hurts gets injured during a tush push that will be the end of it.

Comment

Working...
                        X