• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

It doesn't. It sounds to me like he is trying too hard to prove himself. Not a good start for a team that needs to buy in to him. Wait until the offense struggles and they start to lose confidence in him.

I am surprised Rivera has been letting this go. He is as tough as they come, but doesn't go to extremes to prove it.

TG
    It is going to be an interesting season, with the way the coaching decks have been reshuffled. I am thinking of Washington, Denver, Detroit and KC.

We have hard asses, Lombo and no Bienemy in KC on the carousel to keep us entertained.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Caslon
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2019
      • Send PM

Bienemy’s style of coaching was the norm 30 or 40 years ago, before players coming into the NFL were coddled.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
        Bienemy’s style of coaching was the norm 30 or 40 years ago, before players coming into the NFL were coddled.
        Have we heard details about his exact behaviors? I havent seen any specifics at all - I think we’re all guessing on that assumption. He could be his own completely unique asshole for all we know
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Caslon
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Have we heard details about his exact behaviors? I havent seen any specifics at all - I think we’re all guessing on that assumption. He could be his own completely unique asshole for all we know
          I never heard Chiefs players complaining. Then again, the situation with the Commanders is totally different. Drastic improvement was/is needed. Ron Rivera’s job might depend on it. He’s a fine coach. His dilemma was being good enough so that they didn’t go 4-13 and get one of the top QB’s this draft. Their QB situation is dismal.

Funny (sort of). A significantly large Native American organization is bringing action to return their “Redskins” team name. I liked their old logo, it was respectful. On the otherhand, the Cleveland Indians logo is a racist and downright insulting disgrace!
          Last edited by Caslon; 08-09-2023, 09:10 PM.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

I never heard Chiefs players complaining. Then again, the situation with the Commanders is totally different. Drastic improvement was/is needed.
            Tyreek tweeted out for players to embrace EB, it’ll make them better.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
              Wow Henry Riggs only got 3 to 10 years for killing a 23 year old girl and her dog while drunk driving,.... they burned alive while trapped in the car.

The Border patrol agent who killed his mistresses kid got life.

I'll just put this here.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Caslon
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2019
                • Send PM

Not followed the civil suit I’m sure will. or has happened. No doubt it’ll leave him penniless, EXCEPT for any income from the NFL retirement that OJ was able to keep from the civil judgment award!

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Watching Mahomes argue with Eric Bienemy during the playoffs makes more sense now.
                  Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Caslon
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                    Watching Mahomes argue with Eric Bienemy during the playoffs makes more sense now.
                    ???

Media talked him up as landing a head coaching job last year, some here too. Meh, media going for whatever. What next, assistant coach videos. Don’t need that…don’t want that.
                    Last edited by Caslon; 08-09-2023, 10:10 PM.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

???
                      During Mahomes' meltdown 2 years ago against the Bengals there was footage of Mahomes and Bienemy yelling at each other. It wasn't a normal QB/OC interaction.
                      my guess is that it was a highly stressful time for both and Bienemy got a little too real for Mahomes.
                      Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Well, there is this comment from Ron Rivera:

Initially, Rivera’s comments evoked some head-scratching responses from fans when he said that players have struggled with the new OC’s intensity.

“I had a number of guys come to me and I said, ‘Hey, just go talk to him.’ I said, ‘Understand what he’s trying to get across to you.’ I think as they go and they talk and they listen to him, it’s been enlightening for a lot of these guys,” Rivera said Tuesday. “Eric has an approach and it’s the way he does things and it’s not going to change because he believes in it. Jack [Del Rio] has his approach. Having been a head coach, I think Jack has a tendency to try to figure guys out a little bit more as opposed to, ‘Hey, this is it, this is the way it’s going to be,’ that type of stuff. Eric hasn’t had that experience yet.”
                        https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/08/09/co...iemy-intensity

Sounds like Bienemy is kind of rigid on some issues, whereas it sounds like most coaches listen to players and get some input before making final decisions on certain policies or other things. In other words,ahem, Bienemy is his own worst enemy...

Comment

• Caslon
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2019
                          • Send PM

Meh… talk, hyping up the season.. Bienemy’s trying to save Ron’s ass. A challenge going from Chiefs to Commanders. Who knows? Maybe corporate will fire Ron and move Bienemy into the HC spot. Stay tuned!!!
                          Last edited by Caslon; 08-10-2023, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X