• Send PM

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
        Moderate Skeptic
        • May 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

49ers all the way. SB
        What does Gregory really bring? A 'name'? What's he done in the last 2 years that makes him worth pursuing? Besides cashing checks I mean . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2022
          • White Rock, BC Canada
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

The conversation will go something like . . . . . . . . 'we're happy to have you, and we'll be open minded and let you show us who you are, BUT - if we have to dump you because you're a problem this will be the last stop of your career. How this turns out is up to you'.
          Exactly

Are the Chicago Bears a well run ship??? I think we know the answer.

Claypool got good results with Big Ben at QB. He hasn't has much in the way of QB play since. Now Claypool joins an offense led by the highly creative Mike McDaniel, who should find a way to use his strengths and blend them with Waddle’s and Hill’s.

Comment

• colorado
            Fan since '62
            • Jun 2023
            • Desert Rat
            • Nothing but time on my hands
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
            Fortywhiners do look good.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2022
              • White Rock, BC Canada
              • Send PM

What does Gregory really bring? A 'name'? What's he done in the last 2 years that makes him worth pursuing? Besides cashing checks I mean . . . . . . . . .
              My reaction was something different. I am thinking once again, the good teams, the real serious contenders, never stop trying to improve their rosters and bring in more talent, even mid season...while the perennially mediocre the Chargers never do...they don't want to give up a late round pick...the guy is bad in the room ..whatever...

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                Beef Before Gazelles
                • May 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by colorado View Post

OK, thought it was funny...
                It *is* funny. It's just not TRUE! lol

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

My reaction was something different. I am thinking once again, the good teams, the real serious contenders, never stop trying to improve their rosters and bring in more talent, even mid season...while the perennially mediocre the Chargers never do...they don't want to give up a late round pick...the guy is bad in the room ..whatever...
                  My reaction is become disgruntled and the team will move you and give you a fresh start and not only move you but move you to a contender (except for JCJ)

Comment

• Caslon
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2019
                    • Send PM

JCJ…the Patriots grabbed him back. Will he get back to his heyday after hitting TT’s jackpot? No, I don’t think he will, fully healed. So much for you JCJ repliers. The guy was undrafted, impressed TT and the NFL and as such, caught TT’s attention for a huge contract. I stand by my earlier assessment of him. Poor boy strikes it rich, takes a hike. Ya wanna fight about it? Huh? Bring it on! It all started out as bone spurs, hehe. TT’s point of view: “He looked good on paper.” Cue up that Steve Miller song..”Take the money and run.” He just did that. JCJ is set for life.
                    Last edited by Caslon; 10-06-2023, 01:57 PM.

Comment

• rensoul
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2023
                      • Send PM

He can play, he has had trouble staying healthy. He's never been a big sack numbers guy in the NFL but he can definitely bring pressure. He's been similar to Clowney in that way.

It's a savvy move by SF, if they just get 10-15 snaps out of him a game to lower the wear and tear on their starters over the course of the year it's a smart trade.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                        Moderate Skeptic
                        • May 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

I understand, and like you I'd like the Chargers to be more active plugging holes during the season, but it also has to make sense. Gregory has averaged 1 sack / year in his career - I don't see how this acquisition make the 49r's better. Doing 'something' just to show you're doing something is a waste of time and resources . . . . . . . .

I'm more than happy to continue on with what we have rather than bother with him, or Claypool either. I would absolutely welcome additions which would help the team, and it IS frustrating that we never do, and I don't count picking up practice squad players from other teams as 'helping' . . . . . . . . . at least not this year

Comment

• Caslon
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2019
                          • Send PM

He can ball… no doubt JCJ’s agent pitched JCJ to NE. They are depleted at DB’s. “We’ll take him.” Deal done. I bet JCJ is outa the NFL next year. Wanna fight about it?

Comment

Working...
                          X