Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Hopefully from the Bolts
    Unless he wants to take repeated one year franchise tag deals where any game he could suffer a career ending injury and only get paid out the rest of that one year, he’s best to sign the long term deal with LAC and lock in the big coin. I think thats why top QBs NEVER get to FA unless a team really doesn’t want them anymore. Name 3 top QBs that left via FA where the team really wanted to keep them and I’ll retract all of this and go hide in my linen closet.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

Is that you, Topcat?
      Yep...I covered mostly high school football and basketball for my newspaper. But one of the perks was that the local pro sports teams (Dodgers, Angels, Rams, etc.) would send us PRESS PASSES for all kinds of games. So one day, the sports editor held up two press passes for the Angels vs. Yankees at Angel Stadium and said, "anyone want these?" I said, "sure, I'll take them." I pulled out an old 120 camera they had laying around, and invited a friend (who wasn't even a reporter) and he became the photog and I was the writer. It was great--we had access to the field pre and post game, to the press box, the lounge. Don Drysdale, who was announcing for the Angels at the time, walked by us. On another occasion, I got tickets to the Dodgers vs. Yankees in the 1977 World Series. Good times...

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
        Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
        "Draft Day" starring Kevin Costner.

Every Year Someone Comes Out of This Looking Like a Donkey

Come on, Tom. Say it with me, you pancake-eating motherfucker.

Anthony Molina: Ray, remind me. Where were you picked? First? Second?
        Ray Lewis: 26th. It still hurts.
        Anthony Molina: Oh. Well, that's good too.

Sonny Weaver Jr. : No one can stop a ticking clock. But the... great ones, the great ones always find a way to slow it down.

My favorite lame line from "Draft Day" is when GM Costner is in the war room, surrounded by scouts, coaches, etc., but turns to his lover girl, a secretary or something, and shouts, "what do we need?" Lover girl: "A kicker!" Costner: "I want that kicker!"

Wow. Just. Wow...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

My favorite lame line from "Draft Day" is when GM Costner is in the war room, surrounded by scouts, coaches, etc., but turns to his lover girl, a secretary or something, and shouts, "what do we need?" Lover girl: "A kicker!" Costner: "I want that kicker!"

Wow. Just. Wow...
          Lover girl knew her shit.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2020
            • Oklahoma
            • Send PM

that's why she was lover girl.....and she knew some footballveryourhead:

Comment

• Panamamike
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Yep...I covered mostly high school football and basketball for my newspaper. But one of the perks was that the local pro sports teams (Dodgers, Angels, Rams, etc.) would send us PRESS PASSES for all kinds of games. So one day, the sports editor held up two press passes for the Angels vs. Yankees at Angel Stadium and said, "anyone want these?" I said, "sure, I'll take them." I pulled out an old 120 camera they had laying around, and invited a friend (who wasn't even a reporter) and he became the photog and I was the writer. It was great--we had access to the field pre and post game, to the press box, the lounge. Don Drysdale, who was announcing for the Angels at the time, walked by us. On another occasion, I got tickets to the Dodgers vs. Yankees in the 1977 World Series. Good times...
              Awesome story!

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Awesome story!
                Thanks! Here's another one for u, Panama: In 1974, I was a 19 year-old sportswriter, but looked about 15. I got a press pass for the Rose Bowl game--USC vs. Ohio State. I got to go to the press box during the game (won by Ohio St.). After the game, I slowly headed for the gate leading to the press conference area and locker rooms. Two security guards eyed me doubtfully, one shaking his head as if to say, "oh, here's another teenager trying to sneak through." I walked up to them and whipped out my press pass, and they grudgingly let me through. I stopped off and heard Ohio St. coach Woody Hayes gloating about a rare Rose Bowl win, then headed to the USC locker room to interview a couple of local boys on the SC team, for a "local angle" for the hometown newspaper. Walked by SC QB Pat Haden...Good times...

Comment

• FarAwayBoltFan
                  San Diego Native
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Farmington, NM
                  • Send PM

Wow. Just. Wow...
                  Though it still applies to the Chargers, in Draft Day it was a punt returner not a kicker.

Sonny Weaver Jr, "What else do we need?"
                  Ali Parker, "Special teams. Putney! Get Putney!"
                  Sonny Weaver Jr, (on the phone) "I want my picks back, and I want David Putney. I need a punt returner."

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

• Wolfe also detailed an ongoing competition between two of the team's most important players. The competition, which was inspired by the steep hills players trek up after every practice in Spartanburg, is one that could pay off nicely for Carolina all season long. "Haason Reddick and Brian Burns have bet whoever gets the most sacks this year, they won't have to walk up these hills for training camp next year because they'll get a brand new golf cart," Wolfe reported. "Haason Reddick and Brian Burns have been working on their pass rush moves before practice, they want to motivate each other but the true motivation may be this prize."
                    Wow, legs and aerobics. That’ll pay off. The Bolts could use some of that.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by FarAwayBoltFan View Post

Though it still applies to the Chargers, in Draft Day it was a punt returner not a kicker.

Sonny Weaver Jr, "What else do we need?"
                      Ali Parker, "Special teams. Putney! Get Putney!"
                      Sonny Weaver Jr, (on the phone) "I want my picks back, and I want David Putney. I need a punt returner."
                      Well, I was close...still ridiculous that a GM takes advice from lowly lover girl secretary in the middle of a war room filled with scouts and coaches...ONLY in the movies...

Comment

• CivilBolt
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2019
                        • Send PM

I think we dodged a bullet with HH. It looks like he’s hurt again and will need MRI on his shoulder.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post
                          I think we dodged a bullet with HH. It looks like he’s hurt again and will need MRI on his shoulder.
                          :shock:
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X