• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltx
    Dominate the day
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
    I doubt the league is going to let Harbaugh find safe harbor in the NFL after what is going down at Michigan. I don't know that for sure. But I think there is a chance they would let teams know Harbaugh would be suspended if they hire him.
    Suspended for something he may or may not have been involved with at the collegiate level? Does the NFL even have any "jurisdiction" here?

Regardless, Spanos will NEVER get into a bidding war for Harbaugh. The Raiders clearing house like this probably tanked whatever little odds we had anyways.
    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

I doubt the league is going to let Harbaugh find safe harbor in the NFL after what is going down at Michigan. I don't know that for sure. But I think there is a chance they would let teams know Harbaugh would be suspended if they hire him.
      I don’t get that. Pete Carroll didn’t have any issue. How would the NFL suspend a guy for something that happened in college?

Comment

• Boltx
        Dominate the day
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Chargers have the advantage for hiring Harbaugh as long as Dean finally pays the going price, which he SHOULD playing in LA! If he doesn't then he needs to take the Chargers out of Los Angeles or sell the team!!!! Period.
        No advantage as it is largely known to stay away from Spanos and they simply will not open up their wallets for a legit HC hire. And if it becomes a bidding war, then Spanos is out for sure.
        ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
          Yeah I don’t think so. They also drafted the rookie TE a lot of guys wanted. And Jimmy G has been a winner wherever he’s been. Most NFL teams are made up of equal talent across the board and it’s the superstars that make the difference. Crosby is a game wrecker and Devante and Jacobs can do the same.
          They are going to go with Aidan O'Connell is what I am reading. At least for awhile. Personally I don't think O'Connell is NFL material. He lacks pocket presence and the mobility to move around and escape pressure. Maybe he develops that, but watching him against the Chargers, I don't know if is mobile enough. Compare him to Justin Herbert. Herbert was moving around and escaping on his first NFL drive. I don't know if that is something you can teach, it's something you either have or don't.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Not usually a big Sharp fan, but this says it all about Josh:

Comment

• electricgold
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2020
              • Send PM

Here's a hopeful article on why Jim Harbaugh is the best fit to become the Chargers next coach!

Jim Harbaugh may have reached his ceiling as the college football head coach of his alma mater Michigan, but if he finally chooses to return to work in the NFL next season, Los Angeles is the most appealing post-San Francisco destination yet.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                Beef Before Gazelles
                • May 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                The hiring of Josh McDaniels was doomed from the start. This has to have set the Raiders back for another few years.

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
                  Here's a hopeful article on why Jim Harbaugh is the best fit to become the Chargers next coach!
                  I'm not a big fan of Harbaugh, plus, as I said in an earlier post, I question whether the league will let Harbaugh have safe harbor in the NFL from the Michigan scandal. Additionally, I don't see the Spanoses hiring a head coach who would bring that kind of taint to the organization.

If they replace Staley this off-season, it will be with someone like Ben Johnson, the current Lions OC. That is my guess.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                    Beef Before Gazelles
                    • May 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post
                    To get back to the topic of "other teams" here..... <ahem>

Really interesting to see the Raiders get owned by the Bears, and then the Lions.

The 3-5 Raiders face the 2-6 Giants, in Vegas this week.

While the Raiders' defense is definitely respectable, the offense is completely suspect, despite having the services of Josh Jacobs (whom I happen to think is a really fine RB...) Their QB situation is abysmal. I'll be shocked if their 2024 QB room has either Garoppolo OR Hoyer.

Josh McDaniels?!? I can't believe they're hanging on to this guy, although-- Pfffffft! I'm glad they ARE! It's clear to me that the Raiders will not be a winning team under McDaniels. Ever. Here's to hoping he's signed to a lifetime contract soon! lol
                    I posted this yesterday afternoon. So much for the idea of the Raiders signing McD to a lifetime contract!

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

The hiring of Josh McDaniels was doomed from the start. This has to have set the Raiders back for another few years.
                      Do you think the league will get involved somehow, maybe pressure Mark Davis to sell the franchise? He's 68 and has no heirs.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                        Beef Before Gazelles
                        • May 2021
                        • Send PM

Do you think the league will get involved somehow, maybe pressure Mark Davis to sell the franchise? He's 68 and has no heirs.
                        No-- I think the league will let the Raiders flounder, like a tattered surrender flag.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Send PM

During the Andy Reid era in KC, the Chargers, Raiders and Broncos have had 17 different head coaches.

Comment

Working...
                          X