• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CivilBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

The other two are Scott Quessenberry and Justin Herbert?
    Yup

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Tim Weaver
      Wed, September 1, 2021, 9:50 AM

The Seattle Seahawks added two more players to their roster, successfully acquiring former San Francisco 49ers offensive tackle Dakoda Shepley and former Baltimore Ravens defensive back Nigel Warrior off waivers.
      Shepley (6-foot-5, 290 pounds) played his college football in Canada at British Columbia. He appeared in one game last season with the Niners, playing five special teams snaps. With Shepley in the mix, Seattle now has seven offensive tackles on the roster.

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Keith McCants dies at 53: Police investigating after former NFL first-round pick found dead in Florida

The former NFL linebacker was drafted fourth overall by the Bucs in 1990

By John Breech
        1 hr ago 1 min read

Former NFL linebacker Keith McCants was found dead on Thursday morning in Florida after police responded to a call in St. Petersburg. The former Buccaneers first-round pick was 53 years old.
        The Pinellas County Sheriff's Office told WFLA.com that they're investigating the circumstances surrounding McCants' death. According to The Athletic, authorities believe that McCants' death was caused by a drug overdose.
        McCants hit hard times after his career and was even featured in an ESPN "30 for 30" episode in 2012 about players who went broke after their playing career. Over the past decade, McCants spoke openly about his abuse of drugs and painkillers.
        "Before [my career was] over with I was consuming over 183 pills a week, not knowing the effects it had on my liver or my kidneys," McCants told Vice Sports in 2015. "Or, more importantly, developing a split personality with violent tendencies that my family had to deal with."
        McCants went to college at Alabama where he had a decorated career that included being named an All-American in 1989. His NFL career started in 1990 when the Buccaneers made him the fourth overall pick in the draft.
        With the high pick came high expectations which McCants was never really able to live up to. After three years in Tampa Bay, the Buccaneers decided to release him. McCants would play three more seasons in the NFL with two different teams (Oilers and Cardinals). The connection between those two spots is Buddy Ryan. The former NFL coach was a defensive coordinator for the Oilers in 1993 and when he got hired as the Cardinals coach in 1994, he brought McCants with him to Arizona.
        Over the course of his career, McCants played in a total of 88 NFL games with 39 starts. During his time on the field, McCants racked up 13.5 sacks and 192 career tackles. McCants also scored one career touchdown, which came in 1995 for the Cardinals.

Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

McCants, to me, was best know as being the pick right before Jr Seau. At the stadium draft party, we all celebrated when he was picked because we suspected what was coming next.

Violent tendencies, yep that's brain damage.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• FarAwayBoltFan
            San Diego Native
            • Feb 2019
            • Farmington, NM
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
            I’m happy to see him out of prison. He’s paid his debt. Just a sad tale of a guy who had everything and it wasn’t enough.
            He paid his debt to society. Let's hope he doesn't still have gambling debts waiting for him on the outside.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
              Beef Before Gazelles
              • May 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by FarAwayBoltFan View Post

He paid his debt to society. Let's hope he doesn't still have gambling debts waiting for him on the outside.
              He's "paid his debt", but truly, has absolutely NEVER demonstrated ANY ability to stay away from gambling, or from conning people when he incurs gambling debts.

It's the story of his life. We all hope his post-prison life takes a different arc, but there just isn't any tangible reason to believe that it will.

Comment

• Critty
                Dominate the Day.
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

It seemed like pass rushers like Bosa was getting held a lot and even tackled last season with no flag thrown.

And here in this article they admit it.

Parry: It appears most people bought into the numbers that were created last year. Everybody likes the fact that there is less holding, fewer fouls. The game moves along better. But when the game is not officiated correctly based on the rules as they are written, the game changes -- and often times not for the better. Sometimes the bad guy has to win to make the story exciting, and the bad guy is the defender. There are teams that built their defenses based on incredible pass-rushers that were held all season, without it being called. I think the league will look for more balance to make it more fair this season.
                How will a new restricted zone for low blocks, more input from the replay official and an attempt to standardize offensive holding impact play in 2021?
                Who has it better than us?

Comment

• CivilBolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2019
                  • Send PM

Tyrod starting for the Texans. That’s going to be a boring game with him tucking and running.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post
                    Tyrod starting for the Texans. That’s going to be a boring game with him tucking and running.
                    Just one of many reasons I’m here and SteelbTexan as well.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post
                      If Tyrod wins the MVP and takes Houston to the Super Bowl, what does that mean for the Charger comp picks?

Comment

• CivilBolt
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

If Tyrod wins the MVP and takes Houston to the Super Bowl, what does that mean for the Charger comp picks?
                        If that is the case, go Tyrod!!!

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

It means hell froze over.

Comment

Working...
                          X