• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Exactly right about roster building. Good teams prepare - both the cap and roster. Always looking ahead thinking of potential free agents a year or two out.

I have always thought this was a two year build. Didn't mean I was giving up on 2024. It just meant I didn't think Hortiz would push a bunch of chips in 2024 that would have made it tougher in 2025-2028 to stay competitive or always chasing cap. Hortiz has cleaned up the cap, has 9 picks this year in the draft already; should have 10 next year.

As for 2024 - I am still looking forward to seeing the games as I think they will be such a different tone of how they play, practice prepared
    Good GM's plan ahead to avoid cap issues--something TT failed miserably at doing...really good GM's also make deals to get more draft picks--something TT ALSO failed miserably at doing...a whole lot of miserable failing here, folks...let's see if TT can do for the Raiduhs what he did for us...

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
      Beef Before Gazelles
      • May 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

If the Chiefs had just let Snead walk they would have gotten a 3rd round supplemental pick in 2025. All this trade gets them is an earlier 3rd round pick in 2025 and a 7th. For one of the best corners in the league.

TG
      If they let him walk, he might have walked to the Chargers. The Chiefs don't want that, so they made sure he went out of the division.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
        It’s unlikely they will take ice cream cone field trips this camp.

Staley’s locker room clip after a win telling the players there was no lifting tomorrow still makes me SMH. They’re not lifting as punishment for a past game, they’re not lifting to amuse Staley. They lift to be better in the next game and the game after. Not lifting after winning a game after they did lift is just stupid and I guarantee its not the Harbaugh mindset.

JH1: “We won after lifting? Good - LIFT MORE!”

That kind of reminds me of Herb Brooks, coach of the USA "miracle" hockey team that beat the Russians in the Olympics and later on won the gold medal, a major upset. Here's one of my fav Brooks quotes:

image.png
        image.png

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

This sounds accurate on Ekeler

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

If they let him walk, he might have walked to the Chargers. The Chiefs don't want that, so they made sure he went out of the division.
            No way Trader Joe would shell out $76 mil for Sneed, RIGHT when he just got us out of cap hell...why are SOME people STILL talking about signing these monster deals? EYE don't think so, Quacksaw...SMH...

image.png

Comment

• AK47
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Good GM's plan ahead to avoid cap issues--something TT failed miserably at doing...really good GM's also make deals to get more draft picks--something TT ALSO failed miserably at doing...a whole lot of miserable failing here, folks...let's see if TT can do for the Raiduhs what he did for us...
              I was watching the classic movie "Speed" recently. It dawned at me that Keanu's character is like Telesco. If the bus gus over 50mph the bus will explode. It has to stay at that speed = .500 ball. No playoffs or else!!!

Edit: I thought that gun was a Beretta 92 but the front barrel looks like a Glock.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                Beef Before Gazelles
                • May 2021
                • Send PM

No way Trader Joe would shell out $76 mil for Sneed, RIGHT when he just got us out of cap hell...why are SOME people STILL talking about signing these monster deals? EYE don't think so, Quacksaw...SMH...
                That was my point when posters started talking about the Chargers going after Justin Jefferson.

Whether or not the Chargers had any interest or cap space to sign Snead, the Chiefs' decision to trade him got Snead out of the division. I suspect that was the motive for trading.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

I was watching the classic movie "Speed" recently. It dawned at me that Keanu's character is like Telesco. If the bus gus over 50mph the bus will explode. It has to stay at that speed = .500 ball. No playoffs or else!!!

Edit: I thought that gun was a Beretta 92 but the front barrel looks like a Glock.

Interesting analogy there, AK...also, in that movie, the cops put together a bogus video on a loop so the highjacker would think from watching the video feed that the bus is still moving...but the looped vid masked Keanu and the passengers getting off...in the same way, TT kept trading up and assuring us we were getting quality picks, or picking lesser qualified Golden Domers, or signing some players to deals we couldn't afford--it was all like that bogus looped video--putting on a show that finally all blew up with him and Staley getting fired...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                    Well I think that is a pretty honest assessment. They want more than a third down back at the money Ekeler got from the Commandos. Ekeler did a good job. Played well for the Chargers. Earned his contract

But time to go a new direction. They need a better pure runner of the ball. Wish him good luck in DC

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

I wonder if, while hiring his third HC, he was told “this is it - you have to win now, there is no 4th HC”? Because he generally managed cap very well for about 7 years until the last couple years when he dove head-first in the deep end to construct his “all in” roster and then hold it together for an extra year.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

ALRIGHT- everyone stop now! This is too far, too much, too extreme!

The bus blows up if it slows under 50mph, not if it goes over 50, thats why it can’t stop, why people cant jump off, etc.

Geezuz H ohhh, you - you know the name! Debates about rosters, coaches, draft picks, all that is ok but when we start Desecrating the Classics …

We Are Doomed Reaction GIF
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I wonder if, while hiring his third HC, he was told “this is it - you have to win now, there is no 4th HC”? Because he generally managed cap very well for about 7 years until the last couple years when he dove head-first in the deep end to construct his “all in” roster and then hold it together for an extra year.
                          No doubt. Especially after the first year of Telesco and Staley. Trading for Mack - a 2nd rounder is $10m for four years, Mack is double that for one year; signing JCJ to that deal, signing SJD and Johnson and Everett, backloading the deals - they were on the hot seat

And after 2022 - Telesco/Staley either could level set the cap - like Popper explained moving on froma guy like Allen in the Spring of 2023. But it was easier for them to push the chips in than do their job.

Lets just bring back everybody - not just the big four but Parham and Fox and Clapp and Stick and ...

Comment

Working...
                          X