• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Again, If I'm Elway, I am making a speculative offer, to the Jets front office for their former QB1, of a 1st Round draft pick this year, in exchange for the rights to Sam Darnold. It is a calculated risk but I absolutely make that bet. Buying another man's trash, when the opportunity is ripe, would make me an opportunist.

BTW, Jets are taking Trevor Lawerence as their new QB-1. No offer Denver could make will change that.
    What if you buy another man’s trash and it turns out it really was just trash? Trash is free to the true opportunist, he doesn’t buy it.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I doubt it - the extension was only one year. I think they are wanting to see how the team finishes the season before deciding. If we win out, that could sway them towards keeping Lynn. IMO, that is absurd watching this guy make these unforgivable mistakes in game management after almost 4 years on the job. He isn't getting better, he is getting worse (or as others mentioned, Rivers may have hidden a lot of these dumb mistakes).
      My concern is the Chargers win at least one if not two more and they feel like Lynn "righted the ship" after the debacle against the Patriots that shows he is the right leader to weather the storm and pull the team back. Almost like they need "any" reason at all to keep him.

Every day Lynn is in the building is one more day he can help keep his job.

He is getting worse and hopefully the right decision is made by seasons end.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

From the twitter desk of Ian "RapSheet" Rapoport:

The #Lions plan to interview GM candidate Louis Riddick for their vacant job on Friday, source said. The current broadcaster last worked in the NFL in 2013 in the #Eagles front office. The first known external candidate to be interviewed by Detroit.

From the Twitter desks of Adam Shefter and Chris Mortenson:
        ESPN MondayNight Football analyst Louis Riddick is interviewing today for the Houston Texans’ general manager job, sources tell
        @AdamSchefter
        and me. Riddick then will interview Friday with the Lions.

I doubt the Spanii would want somebody like Riddick as you can tell he would tell the truth that they wouldn't want to hear, But this guy would be excellent in my opinion if a team is looking for a GM. Riddick and Saleh in Detroit. Riddick and Bieniemy in Houston (Riddick loves the Ferrari in KC< probably would like to take that to Houston)

See if you fire people now - you can start talking to people not employed by NFL teams now. Rick Smith, Jerry Reese, Louis Riddick for the Front office. If that is the route you take

Personally - I think of GM and HC as equals so its not abou the GM hiring his guy - its about the organization hiring each position so they work well together.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Again, If I'm Elway, I am making a speculative offer, to the Jets front office for their former QB1, of a 1st Round draft pick this year, in exchange for the rights to Sam Darnold. It is a calculated risk but I absolutely make that bet. Buying another man's trash, when the opportunity is ripe, would make me an opportunist.

BTW, Jets are taking Trevor Lawerence as their new QB-1. No offer Denver could make will change that.
          Horseface will have to settle for someone like Fields, Lance or Wilson...and right now, the Donks are at #13 overall, so they'll have to move up to the top 5 or so to nab the QB they have targeted...

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

My concern is the Chargers win at least one if not two more and they feel like Lynn "righted the ship" after the debacle against the Patriots that shows he is the right leader to weather the storm and pull the team back. Almost like they need "any" reason at all to keep him.

Every day Lynn is in the building is one more day he can help keep his job.

He is getting worse and hopefully the right decision is made by seasons end.
            Lynn is like the alcoholic who keeps getting "rescued" by an enabler or co-dependent wife, and never does hit rock bottom...last year, it was Rivers who was apparently able to audible out of some of Lynn/Stitch's bad play calls and at least eek out a few wins, or at least keep us semi-competitive...this year, Herbie is so good, he is starting to do the same thing...

Comment

• DontEverGiveUp
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Lynn is like the alcoholic who keeps getting "rescued" by an enabler or co-dependent wife, and never does hit rock bottom...last year, it was Rivers who was apparently able to audible out of some of Lynn/Stitch's bad play calls and at least eek out a few wins, or at least keep us semi-competitive...this year, Herbie is so good, he is starting to do the same thing...
              Many tried to tell you this last year, but you kept insisting Rivers was the problem.

Glad you finally woke up.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
                From the twitter desk of Ian "RapSheet" Rapoport:

The #Lions plan to interview GM candidate Louis Riddick for their vacant job on Friday, source said. The current broadcaster last worked in the NFL in 2013 in the #Eagles front office. The first known external candidate to be interviewed by Detroit.

From the Twitter desks of Adam Shefter and Chris Mortenson:
                ESPN MondayNight Football analyst Louis Riddick is interviewing today for the Houston Texans’ general manager job, sources tell
                @AdamSchefter
                and me. Riddick then will interview Friday with the Lions.

I doubt the Spanii would want somebody like Riddick as you can tell he would tell the truth that they wouldn't want to hear, But this guy would be excellent in my opinion if a team is looking for a GM. Riddick and Saleh in Detroit. Riddick and Bieniemy in Houston (Riddick loves the Ferrari in KC< probably would like to take that to Houston)

See if you fire people now - you can start talking to people not employed by NFL teams now. Rick Smith, Jerry Reese, Louis Riddick for the Front office. If that is the route you take

Personally - I think of GM and HC as equals so its not abou the GM hiring his guy - its about the organization hiring each position so they work well together.
                Yes but our owners arent smart. They arent football people in any capacity though JohnBoy thinks he is lol.

Telesco even if he wants to fire Lyn now i bet he is overriden. Must be tough to be a GM of this franchise when you cant make all the football choices yourself.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Yes but our owners arent smart. They arent football people in any capacity though JohnBoy thinks he is lol.

Telesco even if he wants to fire Lyn now i bet he is overriden. Must be tough to be a GM of this franchise when you cant make all the football choices yourself.
                  I wonder if getting beaten pretty badly on Thursday would do anything to move up the timeline on Lynn. Or if they wait let the entire body of work and make the decision/

I am sure Telesco is hampered by Dean and JohnBoy

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by DontEverGiveUp View Post

Many tried to tell you this last year, but you kept insisting Rivers was the problem.

Glad you finally woke up.
                    I still think Rivers forced the rock into coverage too much; however, this year, Lynn has been exposed, and I now admit that Rivers apparently DID rescue Lynn in some situations from some terrible play calling and game planning...

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

What if you buy another man’s trash and it turns out it really was just trash? Trash is free to the true opportunist, he doesn’t buy it.
                      Another man's trash in another man's treasure....I'm saying that's how much belief I have in QB Sam Darnold. This is more a state-of-the-Broncos evaluation, but I'm told Denver front office is still solid on Vic Fangio returning - which I also believe to be the right choice - and Fangio doesn't know what he has in QB Drew Lock. I don't know what they have in Drew Lock, either. The uncertainty is untenable, IMO. I've got to have a sold starter at QB. So, I bring in competition for Lock, to hedge my bets. When I target Darnold, I'm not going to niggle, I'm going to make them offer no one else is crazy enough to match, as I don't want a public bidding war. The more suitors, the less likely my chances to successfully land a deal with New York. New York shopping the pick publicly, hurts my chances, IMO.

The risk-reward ratio is favorable.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I still think Rivers forced the rock into coverage too much; however, this year, Lynn has been exposed, and I now admit that Rivers apparently DID rescue Lynn in some situations from some terrible play calling and game planning...
                        I thought then and still think now that he was trying to get a PI call on those as we needed to get a big chunk play. But we only seem to get those calls against us, not for us.

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Buffalo Bills sign GM to extension

The Bills will prevent Brandon Beane from going into a contract year. Beane signed an extension Thursday to stay in Buffalo long-term.

Considering where the franchise is now compared to where it was prior to Beane following Sean McDermott to Buffalo, this is not exactly surprising. But the first-time GM’s five-year contract was set to expire after the 2021 season. He is now locked up beyond next year.

This move comes four months after McDermott’s re-up. McDermott is signed through the 2025 campaign. It would make sense if Beane’s contract runs through the ’25 season as well. Beane and McDermott have the Bills poised to make the playoffs for the third time in four seasons — something that has not happened since the late 1990s — and the team has the inside track on winning its first division title since 1995.
                          Brandon Beane-Sean McDermott Damn solid GM-head coach combination, excellent work by owners Terry & Kim Pegula. Hire great talent and get out of the way.

Comment

Working...
                          X