Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Not being impressed w/ a record and shitting repeatedly on an up-and-coming football team, that is winning football games with fucking Alex Smith, are two different things, fella.
    What the hell, is Smith family? Your taking this awful personal...and I don't remember "shitting repeatedly" on the WFT, as you call it. Excuse my opinion...
    The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• AK47
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

And this is the problem with waiting for the end of the year to decide on Lynn - lots of other teams getting a big head start on the search.
      Does it have to do with Lynn getting an extension and money owed/guaranteed?

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I wouldn’t trade Trevor for the #10 pick and Sam Darnot. You’d have to throw in next year’s #1 to even consider taking him off your hands. Any team that trades one of the best QB prospects in a generation for Sam Darnold and a mid-round #1 deserves to be consigned to last place for another decade.
        Hello Jets..
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Um, no. I wouldnt sign him for that. He only had 7.5 sacks prior to this season and they declined his 5th year option. He had a monster game, lets leave it at that.....against the Giants awful OL.
          He is 235 lbs and isnt a DE.
          OK, my contract idea was awful. But I find the idea of finding free agent to for the front seven appealing.

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I wouldn’t trade Trevor for the #10 pick and Sam Darnot. You’d have to throw in next year’s #1 to even consider taking him off your hands. Any team that trades one of the best QB prospects in a generation for Sam Darnold and a mid-round #1 deserves to be consigned to last place for another decade.
            Again, If I'm Elway, I am making a speculative offer, to the Jets front office for their former QB1, of a 1st Round draft pick this year, in exchange for the rights to Sam Darnold. It is a calculated risk but I absolutely make that bet. Buying another man's trash, when the opportunity is ripe, would make me an opportunist.

BTW, Jets are taking Trevor Lawerence as their new QB-1. No offer Denver could make will change that.

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Again, If I'm Elway, I am making a speculative offer, to the Jets front office for their former QB1, of a 1st Round draft pick this year, in exchange for the rights to Sam Darnold. It is a calculated risk but I absolutely make that bet. Buying another man's trash, when the opportunity is ripe, would make me an opportunist.

BTW, Jets are taking Trevor Lawerence as their new QB-1. No offer Denver could make will change that.
              uh ahhh ummmm....as long as trevor is ok with that. Trevor could hold out till next season and then it would be in the best interest for the Jets to trade out of #1.
              Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

uh ahhh ummmm....as long as trevor is ok with that. Trevor could hold out till next season and then it would be in the best interest for the Jets to trade out of #1.
                Folks said the same thing about Joe Burrow not going to Cincinnati in 2020. New head coach to go along with a new QB-1 for Gang Green.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Does it have to do with Lynn getting an extension and money owed/guaranteed?
                  I doubt it - the extension was only one year. I think they are wanting to see how the team finishes the season before deciding. If we win out, that could sway them towards keeping Lynn. IMO, that is absurd watching this guy make these unforgivable mistakes in game management after almost 4 years on the job. He isn't getting better, he is getting worse (or as others mentioned, Rivers may have hidden a lot of these dumb mistakes).

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I doubt it - the extension was only one year. I think they are wanting to see how the team finishes the season before deciding. If we win out, that could sway them towards keeping Lynn. IMO, that is absurd watching this guy make these unforgivable mistakes in game management after almost 4 years on the job. He isn't getting better, he is getting worse (or as others mentioned, Rivers may have hidden a lot of these dumb mistakes).

To Rich's point, these are Lynn's 2017 special teams.

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Folks said the same thing about Joe Burrow not going to Cincinnati in 2020. New head coach to go along with a new QB-1 for Gang Green.
                      and Joe Burrow is in the medical ward! Once they've confirmed they're drafting #1 it's off to the races to convince him to sign on with Gang Green,
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

And this is the problem with waiting for the end of the year to decide on Lynn - lots of other teams getting a big head start on the search.
                        The NFL informed teams Monday that no team can hold in-person interviews with GM or coaching candidates until the end of the regular season. If the candidate is on a team that's in the playoffs, that candidate cannot interview in person until their playoff run is complete.

Rick Smith is affiliated with no NFL franchise. So, it's permissible.

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

The NFL informed teams Monday that no team can hold in-person interviews with GM or coaching candidates until the end of the regular season. If the candidate is on a team that's in the playoffs, that candidate cannot interview in person until their playoff run is complete.

Rick Smith is affiliated with no NFL franchise. So, it's permissible.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/n...icks-and-more/
                          Nobody needs to interview in person nowadays

Comment

Working...
                          X