• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
    Come on - he played for an elite team - it's a team game! Put him on the Illinois or Vanderbilt team and see how many wins he'd get.

Our own QB is a pretty good example - look at all the games he played well in, but we lost - does that make him a loser?
    It will be interesting to see how Hurts and Tua do as pros. Remember Tua replaced Hurts at Alabama and Hurts then transferred. Sort of like Burrow and Haskins. Ohio State had both and chose Haskins so Burrow transferred. Maybe these college coaches don’t know QBs?

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
      Come on - he played for an elite team - it's a team game! Put him on the Illinois or Vanderbilt team and see how many wins he'd get.

Our own QB is a pretty good example - look at all the games he played well in, but we lost - does that make him a loser?
      Herbie is a winner with a loser of a coach...

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Fitzmagic out with Covid for the Bills game. My guess is the Dolphins will be the team out of the playoffs, as the Bills are still playing for the #2 seed in the AFC.

Comment

• WindsorUK
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Windsor, U.K.
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
          Fitzmagic out with Covid for the Bills game. My guess is the Dolphins will be the team out of the playoffs, as the Bills are still playing for the #2 seed in the AFC.
          Ouch!
          Tua better figure out a way to throw the ball down field if the Fins want to advance to the Lombardi tournament.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

This has got to hurt if you’re a fins fan.

DINK AND DUNK

Should the Dolphins draft ANOTHER quarterback in 2021? Perhaps the Miami Dolphins believe Tua Tagovailoa will eventually become the kind of elite quarterback who can lead the franchise to a Super Bowl title, but if general manager Chris Grier and coach Brian Flores have any doubts about Tagovailoa, they must consider selecting a quarterback with the top-five pick they're receiving from the Houston Texans in the 2021 NFL Draft.

Don't @ me on Twitter suggesting that I'm fanning flames as a hot-take artist. The truth is, the Dolphins owe it to themselves to compare the No. 5 overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft to the top quarterback prospects in the Class of 2021. The next wave at the position includes potential Pro Bowl-caliber players who could challenge or supplant Tagovailoa as the QB1 of the future, based on their combination of athleticism, arm talent and passing skills. Grier and Flores must project Tagovailoa's ceiling against the talent and promise of the newcomers, evaluating every play from practice and games to determine if the rookie QB is significantly better than the other options at hand. As a playoff contender holding a lottery ticket that could net a blue-chip talent, the Dolphins must be honest in their assessment of Tagovailoa, to avoid bypassing a potential franchise cornerstone.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• CivilBolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Yup. They had a chance to draft JH. Thank god they FU

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Who is the idiot that wrote or tweeted that?

Comment

• CivilBolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Who is the idiot that wrote or tweeted that?
                  I think it was Bucky Brooks of NFL.com

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

If the best player available is a QB at the third pick, I don't think its a bad move, especially if you know that Tua has issues that couldn't be evaluated until he got to your team. Dolphins have Houston's 2nd round pick as well. What a cat-bird seat, 11 draft picks.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                      If the best player available is a QB at the third pick, I don't think its a bad move, especially if you know that Tua has issues that couldn't be evaluated until he got to your team. Dolphins have Houston's 2nd round pick as well. What a cat-bird seat, 11 draft picks.
                      Sure, if you don't mind paying the 5th & 3rd overall picks for QBs.
                      Tua just needs developing. Apparently having wide open WRs in college don't help when you get to the NFL and they aren't.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Sure, if you don't mind paying the 5th & 3rd overall picks for QBs.
                        Tua just needs developing. Apparently having wide open WRs in college don't help when you get to the NFL and they aren't.
                        They probably can get a good draft pick for Tua, maybe higher if they add in other draft picks as they might be in surplus, wouldn't carry both QBs. They still have to pay for that 3rd pick, QB or not. No matter what, its a good place for them to be.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

Good buddy I grew up with is a fins fan....my first true memory as a fan rooting for the Bolts, and getting to trash talk the next day was, was the hook and ladder game in 81'...me and him have been back and forth every since...

Anyway, he is already worried the Fins blew it passing on Herbert. Personally, with his production, accuracy, and the way he saw the field, I would have understood anyone taking him...but I have always thought he had some physical limitations...he got compared to Russell Wilson a lot, but I never understood that. Maybe in stature, but he isn't half the runner, isn't durable, and can't push the ball downfield the way Russell can...it's not even close.

Tua could still be good, but he needs a little more time, and some more talent around him. I think Miami will get Sewell...Bengals will reunite Chase with Burrows, and get their olineman in the 2nd and 3rd.
                          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X