Likely this stuff.....

LOL...good one, AK!!!

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
        First round prospect WRs Waddle and Smith both say they would take Mac Jones over Tua as their QB.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/03/03/alaba...-crimson-tide/

I'D TAKE MAC JONES OVER TUA... As My Quarterback3/3/2021 2:13 PM PT
        BREAKING NEWS
        GettySurprising revelation from Jaylen Waddle ... the Alabama star wide receiver and top NFL prospect says he'd prefer Mac Jones to be his QB over Tua Tagovailoa.
        "I like Mac Jones," the expected first-round draft pick told NFL Network on Wednesday. "Just my preference."
        Waddle played with both signal-callers for years when the guys were all Tide teammates ... but Jaylen didn't mince words when talking about the Mac vs. Tua debate.
        "Both of them great quarterbacks," Waddle said, "but I love Mac."
        Now, Waddle does have SOME bias ... Waddle says he feels a bond with Jones 'cause the two had to go together from third-string in 2018 to 1st-round draft prospects this year.
        But, what makes Waddle's comments very interesting is the fact that just last month, according to Sports Illustrated, star Bama wideout DeVonta Smith ALSO said he'd take Mac over Tua.
        Look, the guys clearly love the now-Miami Dolphins star -- remember, DeVonta caught the game-winning TD from Tua in their national championship win over Georgia in 2018 -- but the comments certainly speak volumes about Mac's potential.
        Jets, Falcons, Eagles and everyone else in the draft's top 10 ... you listenin'???
        Well, Mel Kiper DID project Mac Jones in the top 10, one of FIVE QB's there...maybe Mel is onto something here...

kiper.JPG

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Well, Mel Kiper DID project Mac Jones in the top 10, one of FIVE QB's there...maybe Mel is onto something here...

kiper.JPG
          I certainly think Jones is better than Lance who he has one spot behind Jones. But that dont mean nothing, QBs will always get over valued. Not sure if Belichick will see Lance as a franchise type QB to trade up for him like Mel has him doing. I sure wouldn't like to have to make that call on Lance.
          Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-04-2021, 10:02 AM.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2020
            • Oklahoma
            • Send PM

Rudolph or Ertz would make a nice TE at about maybe 2/3 what Hunter wants? Rudolph wants to catch more passes a la Diggs to the Bills.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
              Rudolph or Ertz would make a nice TE at about maybe 2/3 what Hunter wants? Rudolph wants to catch more passes a la Diggs to the Bills.
              I think I would take Ertz over Rudolph at this point. I think though Hunter Henry at like 11m per year AAV makes more sense than either of these two. But if he is like at the 13m range and not budging and you have to have a fall back, Ertz would be good with me.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2020
                • Oklahoma
                • Send PM

I wouldn't give Hunter more than 9, would rather overpay top O & D Lineman or an elite corner or edge

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
                  I wouldn't give Hunter more than 9, would rather overpay top O & D Lineman or an elite corner or edge
                  I am probably willing to go higher than 9 - but totally agree that the focus this offseason should be the four positions you mention. Couldn't agree bleeping more!!

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

And you guys we're laughing at me about Mac Jones being a first round pick!

:drool:
                    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
                      And you guys we're laughing at me about Mac Jones being a first round pick!

:drool:
                      Gzubie, they also probably laughed at Jeremiah for mocking Derwin to fall all the way to us at #17 in 2018...so yer in good company...

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Not uncommon for a QB to go first round,.... Or #1 when they don't deserve it. Blaine Gabbard was not first round worthy, or Kyle Biller to just name two.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                          The more qb hype the better for us

GO QBs!!
                          I've been saying for months that we could easily see 5 in the top 15 go...possibly top 10. Recent rookie success in the past few years, with our own Herbert dazzling GMs across the league, and Burrows looking pretty darn good also...and as of right now, the 2022 class looks....meh. I mean, I like a couple of prospects, and I would think a couple of those young men could well rise up by this time next year, but...from a forecast standpoint, it doesn't look nearly as good as this class. A team that misses out this year, may have slim pickings next year. It's gonna be an entertaining draft, methinks...
                          The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X