• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

4 rd1 picks for a guy with maybe 2 years left before he’s completely bored and wants dorks to give him answers in the form of a question? he’s already 37, please donks - Do it!
    Dream scenario: Horseface coughs up 4 future 1st round picks for Rodgers...who plays ONE season, then announces he's retiring to become the permanent Jeopardy host...

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

That’s best case scenario but look no further than when they brought in Peyton Manning as our worst case scenario
      Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
        That’s best case scenario but look no further than when they brought in Peyton Manning as our worst case scenario
        Good point...let's see if young Herbie can outduel Old Man Rodgers...I think now that we're reloaded with a solid O-line and other weapons, and with Staley's innovative scheming, that Herbie and the Bolts can do it...

Comment

• CivilBolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Good point...let's see if young Herbie can outduel Old Man Rodgers...I think now that we're reloaded with a solid O-line and other weapons, and with Staley's innovative scheming, that Herbie and the Bolts can do it...
          Agree. If we were able to affect his game with the picket fence last year, Staley’s revamped D will definitely give him fits.

Comment

• DragonIce
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Mar 2021
            • Arizona
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Good question, I imagine they'd have to be available if they can decide to not pay you, in this case outright cut you.
            it's weird because a players body is their work tools, and they need year round maintenance when they're not being specifically conditioned in OTAs and Training Camp for actual football
            so they can't be expected to do the offseason maintenance themselves and be held accountable professionally when something goes wrong, right?
            hopefully someone will shed some light
            Here's my take (for what it's worth)

Young athletes, fresh from college days, are known to do some crazy shit in the offseason.
            • Some guy at the bar just challenged me to a street race! Me!
            • I bet I can launch this jet ski ten feet in air
            • I'm a total athlete. Wanna see me dunk all over you like LeBron?

If you are a player and you do something like that, and break an ankle...what are you going to claim happened?

Of course there is much more to it than just this, but I guarantee you this is part of it.

For other aspects (player and team perspectives)
            https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...ly/ar-BB1gPjXA

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Broncos waive DaeSean Hamilton with non-football injury
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• Panamamike
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post

Here's my take (for what it's worth)

Young athletes, fresh from college days, are known to do some crazy shit in the offseason.
                • Some guy at the bar just challenged me to a street race! Me!
                • I bet I can launch this jet ski ten feet in air
                • I'm a total athlete. Wanna see me dunk all over you like LeBron?

If you are a player and you do something like that, and break an ankle...what are you going to claim happened?

Of course there is much more to it than just this, but I guarantee you this is part of it.

For other aspects (player and team perspectives)
                https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...ly/ar-BB1gPjXA
                They desperately wanted out of that massive contract they signed them to. He's only played a few snaps as he missed the season before last with an injury and then sat out last year for Covid.

Comment

• chargeroo
                  Fan since 1961
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Oregon
                  • Retired Manager/Pastor
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

4 rd1 picks for a guy with maybe 2 years left before he’s completely bored and wants dorks to give him answers in the form of a question? he’s already 37, please donks - Do it!
                  The Donks have good players all over the place. Perhaps they are top three on defense and plenty of skill players on offense, all they need to be a success is a QB. If they can get AR from the Pack they will be a very strong team. It worked for them before with Manning, can't blame them for trying to do it again. I sure hope AR stays in Green Bay.
                  THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                    • Send PM

Morgan Moses available...where were these type of players when we had to fall back on trash just to put 5 bodies on the field? I think we have done enough, and think we should roll with what we have....but Moses tempts me. Do we really think Bulaga is reliable enough healthwise to last the season? Tough call....
                    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• MagicMamba88
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Send PM

Comment

• chargeroo
                        Fan since 1961
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Oregon
                        • Retired Manager/Pastor
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                        Morgan Moses available...where were these type of players when we had to fall back on trash just to put 5 bodies on the field? I think we have done enough, and think we should roll with what we have....but Moses tempts me. Do we really think Bulaga is reliable enough healthwise to last the season? Tough call....
                        I don't see any reason to trust that Bulaga will play every game but I can't see how they could afford another starting OT. I think they go with what they have and hope for the best with Bulaga.
                        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• DragonIce
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Mar 2021
                          • Arizona
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                          I think they go with what they have and hope for the best with Bulaga.
                          Yup. I have little to base this on, but I don't think TT and Staley see this as the year to go "all in". Build a good foundation, aim for a playoff appearance, and see what key pieces are needed for Super Bowl run in '22. Forwarding some cap space into next year seems smart to me.

Comment

Working...
                          X