• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Maybe less frequently, but most likely, more efficiently.

Spreading the ball around also distributes the wear-and-tear more evenly, which is never a bad thing.
    Austin does not wear.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
      Beef Before Gazelles
      • May 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Austin does not wear.
      He only tears. Like, the hamstring last year.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

He only tears. Like, the hamstring last year.
        Lol, i had to leave that half out. I was going to say he’s indestructible … except that tear part makes it a tough sell.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

AE needs to be offered a coaching position post playing career
          S&C or RB or maybe ST
          He's going to have a career year and be a national sensation
          P1. Block Destruction
          P2. Shocking Effort
          P3. Ball Disruption
          P4. Obnoxious Communication

Comment

• CivilBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
            AE needs to be offered a coaching position post playing career
            S&C or RB or maybe ST
            He's going to have a career year and be a national sensation
            I agree. He’s like the JH version of RB. Very composed and smart.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

I agree. He’s like the JH version of RB. Very composed and smart.
              We know he can be a great professional coach because … he’s a great 3rd down back?

Comment

• CivilBolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2019
                • Send PM

We know he can be a great professional coach because … he’s a great 3rd down back?
                I didn’t mention great but I think he is a good motivator and communicator. I remember last year when JH first joined the Chargers, I think he took the initiative to setup a throwing session with him and the other RBs to get familiar with JH. He didn’t have to. Also, if you watch his short film when he want back to his college to finish his degree, he talked about how important that was to him, his challenges and humble beginnings. He knows how to be successful in the NFL despite being UDFA, and even after getting the fat payday, he continues to work hard to get better. How to deal with adversities like getting injured, etc. I think these are all good qualities to be a good coach. Heck, our new DC used to be a DB in the NFL so I don’t see why he can’t be RB coach.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

I didn’t mention great but I think he is a good motivator and communicator. I remember last year when JH first joined the Chargers, I think he took the initiative to setup a throwing session with him and the other RBs to get familiar with JH. He didn’t have to. Also, if you watch his short film when he want back to his college to finish his degree, he talked about how important that was to him, his challenges and humble beginnings. He knows how to be successful in the NFL despite being UDFA, and even after getting the fat payday, he continues to work hard to get better. How to deal with adversities like getting injured, etc. I think these are all good qualities to be a good coach. Heck, our new DC used to be a DB in the NFL so I don’t see why he can’t be RB coach.
                  I think, with zero true knowledge, that he is incredibly intelligent and his inner drive to succeed is off the charts and propels him to figure out what is needed to succeed and then go do it. those factors tend to result in success. I was just playing devil’s advocate because i doubt he’s indispensable to any coaching staff equation such that they simply must hire him immediately. Lots of great position coaches in the world. What position is he an expert coach at? Plus, there is no correlation between being an elite player to becoming an elite coach. Most great coaches were not, and most elite players do not become great coaches.

There is acquired skill in any job. while he’s been PLAYING football, there are other young men practicing and learning the art of COACHING football - which is more than knowing x’s o’s and technique - its psychological development, mentoring, motivating, etc … you can play football 20 yrs and not develop those coaching skills.

all things in - I’d bet on him succeeding if he even chooses that path

Comment

• equivocation
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2021
                    • Send PM

There are no 3rd down backs anymore. There are 3 down backs, end of roster backs (guys who can't catch) and off the roster backs (guys who can't pass block).

The two highest paid RBs are "3rd down backs". This is a passing league.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
                      There are no 3rd down backs anymore. There are 3 down backs, end of roster backs (guys who can't catch) and off the roster backs (guys who can't pass block).

The two highest paid RBs are "3rd down backs". This is a passing league.
                      I didn’t say its a negative thing. But he’s not a bell cow back. We tried to use him as one due to no bell cow on the roster and we broke him

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                        Beef Before Gazelles
                        • May 2021
                        • Send PM

I didn’t say its a negative thing. But he’s not a bell cow back. We tried to use him as one due to no bell cow on the roster and we broke him
                        Those bastards tried to turn Ekeler into a Cow Bell back! <scowl>

La Mesa! I wanna hear your outrage! Escondido! Light up those lines! El Fernando! Convince my sponsors they shouldn't abandon ship on me!"

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Those bastards tried to turn Ekeler into a Cow Bell back! <scowl>

La Mesa! I wanna hear your outrage! Escondido! Light up those lines! El Fernando! Convince my sponsors they shouldn't abandon ship on me!"
                          From OB to Santee, from San Ysidro to Escondido, EEEEYYYYYYYEEEEEE want to hear from EEEEEEUUUUUUUUWWWWWWWWW!!!!! (Oh, and "everybody into the pattern!!!")

Comment

Working...
                          X