• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I think the first call, text, e-mail for the Chargers on March 15 will be to John Johnson III. Hell, they may have already had back channel talks with his agent about "hypotheticals"
    At some point the Rams will bite back because the tenant keeps raiding the landlord’s cupboard

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I went to an auction once... bid against myself... and did very well. I've done pretty well at near empty poker tables, too. If you bid against NE for HH post-March 18th... start researching TE's in the 2nd round... or draft a TE in the 1st (yuck) and kick the OT, CB, EDGE can down the road.

I ain't re-signing Lamp, Tevi, or Feeney. Green and Perryman only on screaming deals... otherwise, walking.

Rarely (if ever) am I going to overpay (or overdraft) a safety. Staley might really like them. But really good ones have been found in the draft mid/late rounds (both JJ3 and Rayshawn are good examples of this). If I can get Rayshawn for $4.5 million... I take that... and I know that safety is now a luxury draft need. I go value/depth hunting in the 5th-7th round... if at all. I'm not putting myself in a "must draft Adderly in the 2nd round" position again.

Davis might be the one I actually let test FA. Is he a scheme fit? Will he continue to improve or is he @ his ceiling? Can I replace him with a good CB from a CB-deep draft...?

The only "high-cost" FA I'm going after is Corey Linsley. The OC position is so important IMO and somehow doesn't command top-FA dollar. Linsley has already performed at a high-level (even after signing a 2nd-contract). After Linsley, I'm looking for mid-range, ascending OG's. Preferably young. I'm not investing more time (and money) waiting for that dumpster fire IOL to start producing. We have a superstar QB to protect and develop. Let's do it right for once.
      Here is my thing -- I put Michael Davis down, even Hunter Henry. I am not tied to any player on the roster except Herbert, Bosa, Allen, Ekeler and James.

So sure Hunter is good - but would I overpay for him -- nope. Same with Davis. I am not keeping my own free agents just to keep them. I think Jenkins will get an AAV of about 6-7m; JJ3 will be more expensive

I agree about mid-tier interior OL though - after Linsley. OLine has to be priority

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Stop it Nutty.
        So salty.
        I'm on a low sodium diet.
        :lol:
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

I know many won't like this idea, but what about Richard Sherman?
          if anyone caught the Collinsworth/sherman podcast with coach Staley as a guest, it was awesome
          Staley and Sherman were football-slobbering over each other. Sherman was high on Herbert predraft, hell, he said everyone knew he was the best qb since the end of his Jr season.
          They talked about the importance of having a true collaboration with players especially the vets who see the field and game so well
          I can tell both sherman and Staley were impressed with each other
          I think a guy like Sherman would come cheap at this point of his career and would be thay extra coach on the field. And talk about a good candidate to transition to S or perhaps alternate
          Keep you eye on that one
          P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
          P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
          P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
          P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
            if anyone caught the Collinsworth/sherman podcast with coach Staley as a guest, it was awesome
            Staley and Sherman were football-slobbering over each other. Sherman was high on Herbert predraft, hell, he said everyone knew he was the best qb since the end of his Jr season.
            They talked about the importance of having a true collaboration with players especially the vets who see the field and game so well
            I think a guy like Sherman would come cheap at this point of his career and would be thay extra coach on the field. And talk about a good candidate to transition to S or perhaps alternate
            Keep you eye on that one
            I probably am looking at Peterson over Sherman. I want faster DBs.

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

I probably am looking at Peterson over Sherman. I want faster DBs.
              Same here, just comes down to value
              tricky when talking about old dbs
              But I'm always open to low risk signings
              P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
              P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
              P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
              P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Same here, just comes down to value
                tricky when talking about old dbs
                But I'm always open to low risk signings
                This is the one thing in free agency. Fans, hell players, see names like Watt, Miller, Sherman, Peterson and they want to add them. But has to be the right dollars and fit because they aren't as good as they once were.

But I will say this - I saw a list of available DL and really except for Leonard Williams - Watt did look attractive. Just not sure if a player like Floyd is needed more or DE like Watt who can also go inside to play DT - a pseudo Aaron Donald type role.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Sharman isnt the fastest CB going but he never has been. Its about angles and knowing your opponents. Dont know how id feel about him but if Staley likes him, ok. We have seen fast DBs get burned often. I wouldnt mind him if he is cheap enough on a 1 or 2 year deal if they think he is a fit. Davis is fast, has size, developed here and has made big strides from his rookie year where i thought he stunk.

Nothing wrong with offering him a deal they like prior to FA'cy. If he then wants to test the market, then let him.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

This is where we disagree about signing our own free agents - pre March 18 you are bidding against yourself.

Players like Lamp, Tevi, Feeney, Virgil Green, Denzel Perryman - for me , there is ZERO reason to sign them too early. Especially the three OL. The OL was terrible - I am not rushing to bring them back. I am waiting until the few days after Free Agency or hell, the draft to bring them back unless they are VERY GOOD deals

Hunter - he is unique but Popper mentioned 4/50 - thats close to Kelce figures. Chargers might have to franchise him -- Hunter may want to see what NE is offering. I know I would

Rayshawn - again, I think they are talking to John Johnson so that probably doesn't get done until free agency

Davis is probably the one FA I don't want to hit the market as I think he would make it big

Where I agree though is staying away from Thuney and the high dollar Free agents. The mid-tier guys that are more role players is who I target.
                    Why?
                    NE has zero at QB. Not an ideal place for a pass catching TE.
                    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Keep you eye on that one
                      Best interview yet of BS.
                      So much football detail.
                      I feel a lot smarter and have a much better feel for our off season plans.
                      ​​​​​
                      Can guess better now.
                      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Why?
                        Money talks...

My guess, Hunter Henry will be a Charger player but you never know unless he is franchised

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Why?
                          Ive heard that this Stidham guy they have is pretty good :thinking: :whistlin:

Maybe they try and get Garropolo back. I saw a video on McAfee yesterday that they were going to roll with him in 2018 but then Brady went out and balled in 2017 so they traded Jimmy instead.

Comment

Working...
                          X