• Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
    Rodgers staying in GB for at least one more year is great news imo
    if he ends up in Denver in 2022, Herbert will be much more developed then and potentially the better QB
    Broncos best chance to get Rodgers is to tank for a higher draft pick.

Granted, I saw one deal rumoredl: Lock, Jeudy and a couple firsts.
    Thats pretty good return for the Packers

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Howard is sounding a lot like Moaning Mel...if he didn't like the deal he was offered, he didn't have to sign...$75 mil isn't chump change...quit whining and grow up...I seriously don't think TT wants to sign a headcase...he already got rid of Moaning Mel...don't think he wants to sign Howling Howie...

howard.JPG
      Completely different situation.
      He signed a shit contract and that is his mistake.
      Howard has little guaranteed money. If he gets a career ending injury he looses about $48 in non-guaranteed salary over this season and the next 3. He wanted Miami to guarantee more of his current contract. The fins said no.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Completely different situation.
        He signed a shit contract and that is his mistake.
        Howard has little guaranteed money. If he gets a career ending injury he looses about $48 in non-guaranteed salary over this season and the next 3. He wanted Miami to guarantee more of his current contract. The fins said no.
        The terms of the contracts may be different, but what's similar is the part about both players talking about giving their "heart and soul" to their team and not feeling valued. Howling Howie is actually even worse than Moaning Mel, because Howie just recently got that extension in 2019, so he still has 4 more years left, whereas Gordon only had one year left...these Moaning Multi-Millionaires get very little pity from a fan like me, when they rake in the bank, and supposedly hire competent lawyers to take care of the legal nuances of contract legalese...

Comment

• CivilBolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2019
          • Send PM

Wow Covid-19 rear its ugly head again. Ravens QB Jackson is not practicing due to it. We are not even in preseason yet. This will take some enjoyment watching some of the games. We may see another team use a WR as QB like what Denver did last year.

Comment

• Heatmiser
            BetterToday ThanYesterday
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

At least for Denver, no one noticed, given how bad Lock plays.

Is this thing on? I'm here all week folks

TG
            Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post
              Wow Covid-19 rear its ugly head again. Ravens QB Jackson is not practicing due to it. We are not even in preseason yet. This will take some enjoyment watching some of the games. We may see another team use a WR as QB like what Denver did last year.
              I'm excited to say I'm going to the Chargers @ Ravens game, so I hope to see LJ running full speed

Right before getting crushed by K9
              P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
              P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
              P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
              P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• CivilBolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I'm excited to say I'm going to the Chargers @ Ravens game, so I hope to see LJ running full speed

Right before getting crushed by K9
                Nice! If he got confused by Gus’ D, he will definitely get outsmarted by Staley’s D. He will look like a headless chicken running around.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

The terms of the contracts may be different, but what's similar is the part about both players talking about giving their "heart and soul" to their team and not feeling valued. Howling Howie is actually even worse than Moaning Mel, because Howie just recently got that extension in 2019, so he still has 4 more years left, whereas Gordon only had one year left...these Moaning Multi-Millionaires get very little pity from a fan like me, when they rake in the bank, and supposedly hire competent lawyers to take care of the legal nuances of contract legalese...
                  Let me put it another way: its a business and Howard is a more valuable commodity and has more leverage than Gordon.
                  If he sits the year out, he loses money but he gets healthier and doesn't risk injury. Its a physically grinding sport.
                  Dolphins Super Bowl hopes would be set back....they need him if they want to compete in that division.

I thought this society was about marketing yourself. Why now a different tune? What he is doing is perfectly legal as a business ploy.
                  I'd have no problem if the Chargers acquired Howard.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

I think it’s extremely unlikely that we acquire X. The cost will simply be too high.
                    If he’s available for a price of say our 2022 - 1st & 5th, our 2023 - 3rd, and a 4 year contract of $72 / $52G, we should send the paperwork In immediately.
                    X gets security in a large guaranteed contract and the organization gets a large 4th year parachute in case of deficiencies in play or injuries.
                    Gives us a CB1 and increased secondary depth for immediate 3 year Super Bowl window.
                    We would still have Cap space for Derwin, FAs, and a ton of draft picks.

My armchair GM opinion.
                    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Let me put it another way: its a business and Howard is a more valuable commodity and has more leverage than Gordon.
                      If he sits the year out, he loses money but he gets healthier and doesn't risk injury. Its a physically grinding sport.
                      Dolphins Super Bowl hopes would be set back....they need him if they want to compete in that division.

I thought this society was about marketing yourself. Why now a different tune? What he is doing is perfectly legal as a business ploy.
                      I'd have no problem if the Chargers acquired Howard.
                      Suppose the Bolts sign Howie, give him a fat bonus, pick up the rest of his deal with the Fins, or even re-work the deal for a nice raise...then a year from now, some other CB gets a better deal than the one he has, and he tweets that he feels "undervalued." He sits out the season, or a large part of it. How would you like that?

Comment

• CivilBolt
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2019
                        • Send PM

Jerry Jones probably having buyers remorse. Dak is already hurt in early part of camp.

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Suppose the Bolts sign Howie, give him a fat bonus, pick up the rest of his deal with the Fins, or even re-work the deal for a nice raise...then a year from now, some other CB gets a better deal than the one he has, and he tweets that he feels "undervalued." He sits out the season, or a large part of it. How would you like that?
                          I know the question wasn't for me but I gotta say, I think XH's talent is worth the risk
                          I think he's wrong to assert his leverage here, but I genuinely believe he simple jumped at the big money without seriously considering the guaranteed money and is regretting it now
                          I would be shocked if he had the balls to pull off something your describing, he would look like a complete ass, and really ruin his rep around the league.

We're not finding a better corner in the draft or in FA

I'd be for taking this chance
                          P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                          P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                          P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                          P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

Working...
                          X