i like exciting plays, but hate seeing my QB get hit running

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
        Beef Before Gazelles
        • May 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
        i like exciting plays, but hate seeing my QB get hit running
        Herb has mostly done a FINE job of minimizing the big hit when he runs. He shows really good judgment that way.

Like with many other aspects of Herb's game: If he makes a mistake? He's unlikely to make it again.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
          Beef Before Gazelles
          • May 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

From what I’ve seen, many OTs do a year at OG to get used to the pro game. But I want to draft an OT at 17, not an OG.
          Those positions aren't really interchangeable, just like cornerback and safety aren't really interchangeable.

I call bs on any whiff the team gives of being serious about a OG. It'll be a tackle, if it's an O-lineman.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
            Beef Before Gazelles
            • May 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
            Bills announce new stadium, $1.4B, State and County paying $850M, Bills paying $550M. Open Air.
            Mind boggling that the place won't have a retractable roof that would help prevent playing in some truly retched weather conditions.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
              Beef Before Gazelles
              • May 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
              In the playoff game v the Chiefs, Bills' QB Josh Allen ran a lot. Several of them were designed runs, and it worked, he really moved the ball and it opened up the passing game. I wondered if that would be something Herbert can do more of. He's the same size as Allen - an inch taller but the same weight, 237 lbs. His Combine 40 time was almost 1/10 second faster than Allen. We've seen what Herbert can do as a runner (the anti-Rivers), and in college he did a lot of damage with his legs - did you guys see his Rose Bowl performance?
              Honestly, here's what I can see-- Maybe TWICE per season, three games max, Herb gets inserted into the game plan as a running threat with 6 or 7 specific calls that force the defense to allocate attention to him as a runner, and therefore create more space for Herb's targets.

The team can't afford to do this often, so I figure they's do only when they're totally screwed if they don't!

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Herb has mostly done a FINE job of minimizing the big hit when he runs. He shows really good judgment that way.

Like with many other aspects of Herb's game: If he makes a mistake? He's unlikely to make it again.
                You’re definitely talking about Year2 and not Year1. Year1 he was plowing DBs …
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                  Beef Before Gazelles
                  • May 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

You’re definitely talking about Year2 and not Year1. Year1 he was plowing DBs …
                  He took one huge hit, and delivered another in his very first game, against KC. In the remaining 14 games of that season he was involved in far less than an average of two big collisions per game while running. So I think he made progress that season.

You're right that in Year Two, Herb just approached the whole thing differently. It had clearly been a focus of offseason attention.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                    French Speaking Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Québec city
                    • Send PM

Only two reasons can explain a JH's run

1- Option play
                    2- He's in trouble

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Mind boggling that the place won't have a retractable roof that would help prevent playing in some truly retched weather conditions.
                      I wonder if the league will award the place with being a SB host.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

It sounds like the Jaguars are taking an OT in the draft. There are 4 good OTs in this draft. They all might get taken before the Chargers pick.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                          Beef Before Gazelles
                          • May 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

I wonder if the league will award the place with being a SB host.
                          Again, Buffalo acting like the cash infusion into the community of hosting a Super Bowl wasn't worth it to them.

Comment

Working...
                          X