• Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

That's what the Bolts did with Fluke...if I draft a RT, I want him to stay at RT...
    From what I’ve seen, many OTs do a year at OG to get used to the pro game. But I want to draft an OT at 17, not an OG.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

No to any project at 17.

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

That's what the Bolts did with Fluke...if I draft a RT, I want him to stay at RT...
        How are you going to learn to play RT by playing Guard?

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
          Throwing to wide open Olave-- I mean, receivers can help minimize hits too.
          How that worked out for Burrow in the playoffs though? Even with someone as great as Chase, it was painful to watch. I still think you need to address the OL first in order to be successful in the long run.

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Bills announce new stadium, $1.4B, State and County paying $850M, Bills paying $550M. Open Air.

Comment

• AK47
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
              In the playoff game v the Chiefs, Bills' QB Josh Allen ran a lot. Several of them were designed runs, and it worked, he really moved the ball and it opened up the passing game. I wondered if that would be something Herbert can do more of. He's the same size as Allen - an inch taller but the same weight, 237 lbs. His Combine 40 time was almost 1/10 second faster than Allen. We've seen what Herbert can do as a runner (the anti-Rivers), and in college he did a lot of damage with his legs - did you guys see his Rose Bowl performance?

But it turns out, McDermott, Allen's HC in Buff, wants Allen to run less.

Bills quarterback Josh Allen had more carries (122) and more rushing yards (763) than any season in his four-year career.

Yes Herbert is big and mobile but Allen is just built differently. Allen is probably the most physically dominant QB in the open field I've seen. Even better than Cam. Even so, you still want your QB to last. Those NFL hits take a toll.

Comment

• QSmokey
                Guardedly Optimistic
                • Jun 2013
                • Kuna, Idaho
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

From what I’ve seen, many OTs do a year at OG to get used to the pro game. But I want to draft an OT at 17, not an OG.
                *If* they plan on moving Feiler to RT (big IF), then drafting a true OG @17 would be fine with me. I guess I'd rather have the 1st- or 2nd-rated OG than the 3rd- or 4th-rated OT. I think the old adage about not drafting OGs or Safeties too high has been disproven, to some extent, in recent years.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

*If* they plan on moving Feiler to RT (big IF), then drafting a true OG @17 would be fine with me. I guess I'd rather have the 1st- or 2nd-rated OG than the 3rd- or 4th-rated OT. I think the old adage about not drafting OGs or Safeties too high has been disproven, to some extent, in recent years.
                  If it nets a right side that upgrades both positions, he’ll yes!

Comment

• Heatmiser
                    BetterToday ThanYesterday
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Really? I don't know too many who do that. I have seen a lot of college tackles get moved immediately to guard (the draft experts always say "he projects as guard in the NFL" or 'his skills are more suited to playing inside at the pro level") or struggle at tackle and then get moved to guard (think Fluker) but have not seen many college tackles start at guard a few years and then play tackle later as some sort of development plan. The positions are more different than most fans think and conventional wisdom is that it is 'easier' to play guard than tackle. There are a few really good interior offensive linemen that get plugged in at tackle due to an unanticipated injury. Maybe that is what you meant?

TG
                    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Yes Herbert is big and mobile but Allen is just built differently. Allen is probably the most physically dominant QB in the open field I've seen. Even better than Cam. Even so, you still want your QB to last. Those NFL hits take a toll.
                      Herbert's Combine height/weight was 6'6.2"/236 lbs. Allen's was 6'5.0"/237 lbs. Herbert does look a bit leaner than Allen, and maybe that is why he is a bit faster.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

If you can get a plug n play OL (either OG or RT) for the next 5 years - its a good pick.

Comment

• AK47
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Herbert's Combine height/weight was 6'6.2"/236 lbs. Allen's was 6'5.0"/237 lbs. Herbert does look a bit leaner than Allen, and maybe that is why he is a bit faster.
                          When I said Built differently I mean from a physical makeup.

Weight can be deceiving:

Marshawn Lynch is listed as 215lbs. Hits like a 240lb RB. nough' said.
                          Little Manny Pacquiao walks around a trim 144lbs. High bone density and calves of a 220lb human.

Comment

Working...
                          X