• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post

The games I watched him I didn’t see what everyone was raving about. He made some decent throws, but Mitch Trubisky can make some nice throws. Jones made a decent number of bad throws. I know a lot of people are pretty positive about him, but of the games I watched, I didn’t see it. He had a good line and a solid running game, so he was not forced to make a lot of difficult reads or throws.
    Me neither. They protected him the entire season with strong run game and safe dink and dunk. Belicheat can win games like that, but not as many games as he won with Brady because Mac can’t win games on his own yet, and may never be able to. I don’t see him making any receiver into the next Jerry Rice. He’ll get a chance to prove us wrong.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Parcells
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
      Hope the NFL force-sells the franchise
      enough is enough
      I’m guessing the Cowboys, Eagles, and Giabts do not share you’re sentiment. They’d prefer to keep an incompetent owner like Danny Boy in place.

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Me neither. They protected him the entire season with strong run game and safe dink and dunk. Belicheat can win games like that, but not as many games as he won with Brady because Mac can’t win games on his own yet, and may never be able to. I don’t see him making any receiver into the next Jerry Rice. He’ll get a chance to prove us wrong.
        I'll go further than that: Mac looked like garbage against the Chargers.

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I'll go further than that: Mac looked like garbage against the Chargers.
          Still a bargain basement rookie price compared to the over priced trash in the NFL these days. Captain Kirk has taken the vikings into the mediocre space race!

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Still a bargain basement rookie price compared to the over priced trash in the NFL these days. Captain Kirk has taken the vikings into the mediocre space race!

Cousins is a poor man’s Jay Cutler - perennial loser. I called that one before he ever unpacked in the Land O Lakes
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Cousins is a poor man’s Jay Cutler - perennial loser. I called that one before he ever unpacked in the Land O Lakes
              Cousins has made like 180m - makes no sense. TWo franchise tags with WFT; now this 5 year deal with the Vikings
              all to go 8-9 and miss the playoffs

I truly thought that if the Colts were as interested as the rumors suggested - if I were the Vikings I would have given the Colts Cousins, 15m and taken a 4th back and called it good

Comment

• FoutsFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Birmingham AL
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Cousins has made like 180m - makes no sense. TWo franchise tags with WFT; now this 5 year deal with the Vikings
                all to go 8-9 and miss the playoffs

I truly thought that if the Colts were as interested as the rumors suggested - if I were the Vikings I would have given the Colts Cousins, 15m and taken a 4th back and called it good
                I think that shows the desperate situation of QBs in the NFL and how scared teams are to be truly in the QB wilderness. Look what that has done to the Broncos. The Vikings can pretend they have a chance if everything goes right on D and ST. Teams with no QB know their season is over before it starts and they cannot even spin it to the fans any other way.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

I think that shows the desperate situation of QBs in the NFL and how scared teams are to be truly in the QB wilderness. Look what that has done to the Broncos. The Vikings can pretend they have a chance if everything goes right on D and ST. Teams with no QB know their season is over before it starts and they cannot even spin it to the fans any other way.
                  Kinda like us with Tyrod Taylor. And the “overdrafted” Herbert.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Birmingham AL
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Kinda like us with Tyrod Taylor. And the “overdrafted” Herbert.
                    Well to be fair Herbert was a backup for a reason. Said reason was never given or articulated though.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

I agree, didn’t he throw like three passes in their win over buffalo?
                      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Anybody watch the Duke-North Carolina game? Mental toughness. Don’t give in. Fight to the end. That’s the attitude I’m hoping Staley instills in this team. Like Belicheat does in NE.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

If Mac Jones were in this draft, he would be the first QB taken. This class sucks imo.

Brees had a floater type of arm when he first came out and he made it better with his core strength exercises. Still never had a cannon but it was much better and Jones can do that as well.

Comment

Working...
                          X