• Show
Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

The 'Fins are trading WR Davante Parker to the Patriots for a 3rd rounder in the 2023 draft, the Patriots will get the 'Fins 2023 5th round pick. Weird trade, that Dolphins would make that trade within their division, all the picks are next year, and the compensation seems so little.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
      The 'Fins are trading WR Davante Parker to the Patriots for a 3rd rounder in the 2023 draft, the Patriots will get the 'Fins 2023 5th round pick. Weird trade, that Dolphins would make that trade within their division, all the picks are next year, and the compensation seems so little.
      That looks like a straight salary dump.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

That's twice Miami and NE have done a trade in division for a WR. Miami is stupid and Welker kicked their ass for years after.....though Mac is no Brady.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

That looks like a straight salary dump.
          You are probably correct, in order to pay for Tyreek Hill.

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
          That's twice Miami and NE have done a trade in division for a WR. Miami is stupid and Welker kicked their ass for years after.....though Mac is no Brady.
          I won't be surprised if Belichick squeezes the full potential out of Parker and he becomes a better WR that ne ever was in Miami.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
            You are probably correct, in order to pay for Tyreek Hill.

I won't be surprised if Belichick squeezes the full potential out of Parker and he becomes a better WR that ne ever was in Miami.
            He doesn’t have Brady anymore. Mac looks like a noodle armed game manager to me so far.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

He doesn’t have Brady anymore. Mac looks like a noodle armed game manager to me so far.
              The first year Brady started he was nothing special either. Mac's greatest asset is his Grey matter noodle. Making quick decisions and such. But yeah, he's not going to dazzle you like our boy wonder.

:coffee:
              Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Fleet 1
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Kauai
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                I actually think the Cedric Wilson signing was a steal for them. An ascending talent on a loaded Dallas roster. Had he played there this year with Cooper gone he would have put up big numbers. How many high draft picks do the Dolphins have in 2023 now? Jesus. Thats a team trying to do the same things we are. Thing is we have Herbert. And my guess is we try and do some similar things for him. Pass pro and another WR come to mind.

Hill
                Waddle
                Wilson
                Gesicki

Thats a tough foursome right there. And the OL to give Tua enough time? He should have a really good year. If not... hes headed for a Baker label.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

I actually think the Cedric Wilson signing was a steal for them. An ascending talent on a loaded Dallas roster. Had he played there this year with Cooper gone he would have put up big numbers. How many high draft picks do the Dolphins have in 2023 now? Jesus. Thats a team trying to do the same things we are. Thing is we have Herbert. And my guess is we try and do some similar things for him. Pass pro and another WR come to mind.

Hill
                  Waddle
                  Wilson
                  Gesicki

Thats a tough foursome right there. And the OL to give Tua enough time? He should have a really good year. If not... hes headed for a Baker label.
                  Agree. Parkers problem has been durability. When healthy he has been good and giving a.division rival a good WR from your own team isn't smart unless you feel he is fragile and will miss a lot of time.

Miami has done a lot this off-season for sure and has 5 top 100 picks

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Send PM

Don't dismiss Mac Jones yet. 3800 yds 22TDs/13INTs, 68% completion as a rookie isn't too shabby. Not other wordly like our Herbie, but better than many QBs who've gone on to have successful careers fared a lot worse as rookies.

Comment

• Parcells
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

The games I watched him I didn’t see what everyone was raving about. He made some decent throws, but Mitch Trubisky can make some nice throws. Jones made a decent number of bad throws. I know a lot of people are pretty positive about him, but of the games I watched, I didn’t see it. He had a good line and a solid running game, so he was not forced to make a lot of difficult reads or throws.

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

My god, stealing from your partners in a league that is printing money is ridiculous. Get rid of this blight on the league. Stat.

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Hope the NFL force-sells the franchise
                          enough is enough
                          G-Ro knows.

Comment

Working...