Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
    Deebo is worth more than any WR in this draft. Olave at 17 or Deebo? Not even close. But few teams can afford him.
    I don't think the Chargers can afford him. But I've never seen a player like Samuel who can take it to the house with YAC as a receiver, then on the next drive take a handoff and make a house call. He also threw like a 30 yd TD pass last season too, hit his WR on the money in the end zone.

Comment

• FarAwayBoltFan
      San Diego Native
      • Feb 2019
      • Farmington, NM
      • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post
      I don't know much about this site, but someone sent this to me a few days ago:

Chargers named as most logical trade destination for Deebo Samuel (boltbeat.com)
      I read a ridiculous article, similar to the one above, stating the Chargers should trade this year's 1st, next year's 2nd, and Derwin James for Deebo. I almost choked... and that doesn't even take into consideration the subsequent financial compensation.

And, on top of the cost, Deebo won't ever likely be as productive as he was in 2021. Supposedly, because of the wear and tear, he ONLY wants to play WR and doesn't want to play in the backfield anymore. SF told his to suck it up so he demanded a trade. He was a fantastic multi-position threat but only a good WR.

We already have good WRs so if I were the Chargers I'd just say no to Deebo.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
        You should've checked out the actual production before posting. Deebo exceeded Davante's production in 2021. Deebo had 1770 total yds from scrimmage and scored 14 TDs in 2021. Those numbers for Adams were 1553 and 11. 2021 was Deebo's 3rd season. Davante's numbers in his 3rd season were 997 and 12. Deebo is entering his prime right now. It's not unreasonable to expect him to have even better seasons with better production. If I were building a team right now and had my choice of players, the first player I would pick would be Justin Herbert. But the second player just might be Deebo.
        Deebo has done it 1 season. Davonte, several before he got his 28 mil is my point. Davonte waited for his paydays.
        Deebo when healthy is by far their best reciever. Packers usually have three good ones and Davonte has 502 more career receptions.

You think Deebo deserves more money than Davonte?

I get sometimes it's about future production but Deebo also only played 7 games season before last year

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
          Deebo has done it 1 season. Davonte, several before he got his 28 mil is my point. Davonte waited for his paydays. Deebo when healthy is by far their best reciever. Packers usually have three good ones
          You said Deebo hasn't come close to Davante's production. You were wrong. Deebo has played three seasons in the NFL; not only is he better than Davante was in his third season, he is better than Davante is now, with his triple threat abilities as a WR, RB and a passer.

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Send PM

Originally posted by FarAwayBoltFan View Post

I read a ridiculous article, similar to the one above, stating the Chargers should trade this year's 1st, next year's 2nd, and Derwin James for Deebo. I almost choked... and that doesn't even take into consideration the subsequent financial compensation.

And, on top of the cost, Deebo won't ever likely be as productive as he was in 2021. Supposedly, because of the wear and tear, he ONLY wants to play WR and doesn't want to play in the backfield anymore. SF told his to suck it up so he demanded a trade. He was a fantastic multi-position threat but only a good WR.

Haha. That writer is ridiculous. I don't even read his stuff anymore. It's always fantasy and nonsense. I think he is a member of this forum.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
              French Speaking Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Québec city
              • Send PM

Originally posted by FarAwayBoltFan View Post

I don't give D. James for D. Samuel one for one.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

You said Deebo hasn't come close to Davante's production. You were wrong. Deebo has played three seasons in the NFL; not only is he better than Davante was in his third season, he is better than Davante is now, with his triple threat abilities as a WR, RB and a passer.
                Ok, but Deebo doesn't want to play RB. Now who you want? And is he now worth as much as Davonte without that element?

​​​​​Hey he is a good player but he has one steller season to his name.and apparently feels over worked.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Ok, but Deebo doesn't want to play RB. Now who you want? And is he now worth as much as Davonte without that element?

​​​​​Hey he is a good player but he has one steller season to his name.and apparently feels over worked.
                  That’s too bad because that kid who interviewed him after the Dallas game called him Deebo “do it all” Samuel. Guess he only wants to do some of it now. He was probably the best all around weapon in the league last season. But he’s probably thinking of longevity. He’s still a home run threat at WR. Shame it’s falling apart in SF. I’d be pissed if I was a 9er fan

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Send PM

How many good seasons did Davante have after three years? And I call BS on reports Deebo doesn't like how he's being used. That doesn't make sense to me, given how much success he had doing it.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

You should've checked out the actual production before posting. Deebo exceeded Davante's production in 2021. Deebo had 1770 total yds from scrimmage and scored 14 TDs in 2021. Those numbers for Adams were 1553 and 11. 2021 was Deebo's 3rd season. Davante's numbers in his 3rd season were 997 and 12. Deebo is entering his prime right now. It's not unreasonable to expect him to have even better seasons with better production. If I were building a team right now and had my choice of players, the first player I would pick would be Justin Herbert. But the second player just might be Deebo.
                      Austin Ekeler had 1560 total yards from scrimmage and 20 TDs in 2021. LAC can’t afford $20M/yr+ for an extra 200 yards while losing 6 TDs. Deebo is a great player, no knock. But part of his accumulation is the other options in SF. Regardless, he’s not coming to LAC.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Austin Ekeler had 1560 total yards from scrimmage and 20 TDs in 2021. LAC can’t afford $20M/yr+ for an extra 200 yards while losing 6 TDs. Deebo is a great player, no knock. But part of his accumulation is the other options in SF. Regardless, he’s not coming to LAC.
                        Yep...Eke IS our Deebo...rush/receiving versatile weapon. Next topic....
                        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Yeah, I'm on the same page with you. I'm not advocating for Deebo, just noting what a unique player he is. But our Austin Ekeler, from Timbuktu, Colo, led the league in scoring last season.

Comment

Working...
                          X