• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ghost of Quacksaw
    Beef Before Gazelles
    • May 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I’m getting used to it. Much happier they are in LA rather than LV or San Antonio
    If nothing else, I'm less offended because Los Angeles is where the Chargers originated.

Going to Vegas or San Antonio would not have been roots-preserving.

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I'm exactly the same. When i speak of them, I just call them the Chargers.
      I just call them San Diego Chargers North.

Comment

• equivocation
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Thats why.
        it's the absence of consent that tickles his fancy.
        Definition of a rapist.
        Yeah. Reading the lawsuits (assuming the corroborating details like texts, IMs, cash app transfer, dates, distances, etc pan out) it's clear that he gets off on the abuse.

If he just wanted someone to do butt stuff with him there are plenty of women (paid or not paid) perfectly happy to do that. The unwillingness was the point. He likes to use his power to cause pain. This was done with malice aforethought.

I hope he is done in the NFL and never sees a cent of his contract. And that the Browns fucking implode.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Kroenke is one of the richest owner in the league and he bolted for LA because of the market there.
          Yeah but he was in St Louis, not San Diego
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

If nothing else, I'm less offended because Los Angeles is where the Chargers originated.

Going to Vegas or San Antonio would not have been roots-preserving.
            For 1 season,....in 1960. There were no roots to preserve there. Moved to SD the next season.

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

If the Broncos are worth $4.5B, they could probably get $5B for an LA team on the rise.

I'm sure his sister and other family members (those that don't work for the Chargers) are saying the same thing. He promised them he would look for a buyer in a year or two.
              He didn’t promise he would sell the team in a year or two though.

The article in the Los Angeles Times regarding the sudden and unexpected dysfunction within Chargers ownership makes a claim that has gained significant traction.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

It's a gamble though. They've rolled the dice and now we wait to see what the dice say when they stop rolling. I'm sure glad the Bolts didn't have to take a gamble like this.
                I wouldn't be surprised if Watson gets a multiple year suspension from the league. The way Watson's contract is structured, the Browns will still owe him most of the money even if he's suspended. And they gave up all those draft picks. The Browns are going to be hamstrung for years.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I wouldn't be surprised if Watson gets a multiple year suspension from the league. The way Watson's contract is structured, the Browns will still owe him most of the money even if he's suspended. And they gave up all those draft picks. The Browns are going to be hamstrung for years.
                  I wouldn’t be surprised if he plays on opening day. He already sat a full year and no charges were ever filed. I can’t believe the Browns made that deal without checking in with the league office in some way first.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                    Beef Before Gazelles
                    • May 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

For 1 season,....in 1960. There were no roots to preserve there. Moved to SD the next season.
                    L.A. is still where they came from, even if they were only there a year. It's their historical identity.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Even now, the Chargers play in the San Diego suburbs.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

He didn’t promise he would sell the team in a year or two though.

The article in the Los Angeles Times regarding the sudden and unexpected dysfunction within Chargers ownership makes a claim that has gained significant traction.
                        No promise to sell but look for a buyer. Once you start down that road anything can happen. Price would rise with a championship and Chargers are all in

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

No promise to sell but look for a buyer. Once you start down that road anything can happen. Price would rise with a championship and Chargers are all in
                          The buyer is only for Dea to sell her 9% shares, and the remaining three to have the right to match the offer. They’re not looking to sell everyone else unless it’s a crazy amount like $10 billion IMO.

Comment

Working...
                          X