• Show
Clear All
  • NoMoreChillies
    Outback Goon
    • Sep 2018
    • Australia
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Not expecting this crowd to be concerned he leaves the division. Call it a hunch, I think a half dozen fine fellas here would help him pack for Vegas, and chip in for a ticket.

I think he’s here this year, he’s going to be one of the primary subs, and he’s definitely on the roster. Maybe playing 20 snaps a game in more pass situations will bring his game to life. If not, he’s just a sub - they’ll sub in someone else.
    If Tillery plays 20-25 snaps a game and finishes the season 5 sacks with 8 pressures. Do you keep him?

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
      Beef Before Gazelles
      • May 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

If Tillery plays 20-25 snaps a game and finishes the season 5 sacks with 8 pressures. Do you keep him?
      (1) At what price?

(2) What other kind of help could the team get, for the same money?

Tillery doesn't seem like he's really bought in to the team's 'all in' culture, which makes him not an especially good fit.

IMO, it will be time to move on from Tillery after this season.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
        Moderate Skeptic
        • May 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post
        The Browns now have company in the "Buyer's Remorse" club. $250 million for Kyler Murray? That dude won't even take them to the playoffs.
        Murray absolutely quit in the playoff game against the Rams. I've never seen anything like it. He didn't just play (historically) bad - he quit trying. The Cardinals are going to have a very fragile locker room. If Murray doesn't play 'lights out' from the get go that team will be a hot mess by the end of the year, as in; making the Urban Meyer saga with the Jags look like child's play type of hot mess.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Maybe. At the right price.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post
            The Browns now have company in the "Buyer's Remorse" club. $250 million for Kyler Murray? That dude won't even take them to the playoffs.
            So what does Herbert get next offseason? He's far superior to Murray.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post
              Carolina has a black helmet now. Now they have a blackout uniform.

The Giants revealed a throwback uniform. Their uniform from the Phil Simms era is good.
              The Giants should go back to those full time. Never knew why they changed back to what they wore during the Frank Gifford/Sam Huff days.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

next year? How much $? Because I’m think I only would be signing him as a situational rotation backup, not a starter
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Maybe...at a team-friendly 1+1 deal...

If Kelley plays 3 snaps a game (his current average) and gains 3.2 yds. a game (his current average), all during the preseason games, do you keep him for the regular season?

To up the ante, if either one of Leddie Brown or Kevin Marks tears it up in the preseason, gains over 5 ypc, do you cut Kelley and keep him on the final 53?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

If Kelley plays 3 snaps a game (his current average) and gains 3.2 yds. a game (his current average), all during the preseason games, do you keep him for the regular season?

To up the ante, if either one of Leddie Brown or Kevin Marks tears it up in the preseason, gains over 5 ypc, do you cut Kelley and keep him on the final 53?
                    Have to look at what was the OL and Defense each of them played with/against. We’ve seen times our coach left 2’s in against the opponent #3s and UDFA first cuts and looked good. Turns out not good against starters. if Kelly 3.0 looks like Kelly 2.0, who looked like Kelly 1.0 - I’d say his time is up
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• equivocation
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2021
                      • Send PM

Spiller has double the BTK/carry as Kelley or Rountree in college. All goes well he takes over for both of them and we look for someone else to fill in behind.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

I’m all for open competition. May the best man win.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post

Spiller has double the BTK/carry as Kelley or Rountree in college. All goes well he takes over for both of them and we look for someone else to fill in behind.
                          Spiller and Ekkie are locks...Rountree is probable to make the final 53...the only question now is does one of the rooks unseat Kelley for that 4th RB spot...

Comment

Working...
                          X