• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
    Doubt we are one of the teams. I liked his raw potential tho. But he was drafted where he should have been drafted in the 2nd.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Bears "have received calls and have held trade talks centered around OT Teven Jenkins."

The Bears took Jenkins in the second round of the 2021 NFL Draft, but that selection was made by the previous regime. Jenkins opened his rookie season on injured reserve and only appeared in six games, two of which were starts at left tackle. He committed seven penalties and allowed two sacks. He has been working with the second-team offense as a right tackle this summer. Chicago's new front office appears to be waving the white flag on Jenkins. Should they move on from him, it will likely be for a pick late in the draft.
    I realize not every situation works out for every player on every team, but...the fact that they are waving the flag on him after a single season says an awful lot.

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

I liked Jenkins for RT in the second round when he came out. I wonder how much his injury plays in this? It does seem they are giving up on him very early.
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Fleet 1
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Kauai
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I realize not every situation works out for every player on every team, but...the fact that they are waving the flag on him after a single season says an awful lot.
        But not always. Sometimes there are scheme changes that suit players better than others. It happens often when a new regime comes in. Bears have a new coach so who knows. I wasnt a huge fan of him but loved him raw ability. Im not in his corner or anything...but its hard to be down on a guy who has only started 2 games and was hurt. Im not sure what they are thinking tho.

Comment

• equivocation
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2021
          • Send PM

From what I read it's a combo of medical, scheme fit, personality clash, and Jenkins losing confidence. So a lot going on there.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

But not always. Sometimes there are scheme changes that suit players better than others. It happens often when a new regime comes in. Bears have a new coach so who knows. I wasnt a huge fan of him but loved him raw ability. Im not in his corner or anything...but its hard to be down on a guy who has only started 2 games and was hurt. Im not sure what they are thinking tho.
            I understand all this (and have no real opinion of him either way), it's just that there is such a shortage of good olinemen in the league that throwing in the towel very early is just kind of concerning, especially if it costs draft picks (even low ones).

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

Sometimes it is a personality thing. Some people just grate on each other and there is no hope of fixing it.

I know that is hard to believe with everyone here getting along so well.

Comment

• equivocation
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2021
                • Send PM

Chicago Bears offensive lineman Teven Jenkins has been absent from training camp, and it’s clear he needs to make a decision.

Reports that Jenkins is "wildly immature".

We have a good group of OL with their heads screwed on right, which may mean Jenkins gets set straight, or he may destroy chemistry.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kauai
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I understand all this (and have no real opinion of him either way), it's just that there is such a shortage of good olinemen in the league that throwing in the towel very early is just kind of concerning, especially if it costs draft picks (even low ones).
                  But i think its important not to jump to conclusions until we know more. I just dont know whats happening outside of what Bears fans tell me. He missed a weight target and Eberflus ripped him. He also ripped a couple stud starters for the same reason. Bears fans think its just conjecture that he is in the dog house. And to some extent that its just a motivational move by the coach to prove he is serious. If he has a work ethic issue maybe he can overcome that. I have yet to hear anything about his play as he hasn't really been able to.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kauai
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                    Sometimes it is a personality thing. Some people just grate on each other and there is no hope of fixing it.

I know that is hard to believe with everyone here getting along so well.
                    LOL. Is it that bad here? Ill be honest i sort of have had my head buried in the sand.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kauai
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
                      https://dawindycity.com/2022/08/01/c...haracter-camp/

Reports that Jenkins is "wildly immature".

We have a good group of OL with their heads screwed on right, which may mean Jenkins gets set straight, or he may destroy chemistry.
                      He'll go the Pats and be an All Pro. lol Some teams just have no structure. Just another way to look at it. So many articles these days are also written by fans. And we also live in this sort of guilty until proven innocent environment these days. Just trying to give the young man the benefit of the doubt until we know more. I know a lot of really solid Bears fans and most think he can ball out. Not being able to get a player focused can also be the sign of a bad staff and front office. Maybe he needs a 4 hour study clause in his contract?

Im not defending the kid because i want him. Thats not the case at all. LaEl Collins had red flags and the Cowboys rolled the dice. I dont think Jenkins is as good as Collins was but he is not lacking talent for a young OL. Some team might be able to tether him and get something out of him.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

I’d suspect they’d get quite a few offers for him if they put him on the trading block. He didn’t lose all
                        his talent in one year. He was a solid prospect just last year.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• equivocation
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2021
                          • Send PM

He'll go the Pats and be an All Pro. lol Some teams just have no structure. Just another way to look at it. So many articles these days are also written by fans. And we also live in this sort of guilty until proven innocent environment these days. Just trying to give the young man the benefit of the doubt until we know more. I know a lot of really solid Bears fans and most think he can ball out. Not being able to get a player focused can also be the sign of a bad staff and front office. Maybe he needs a 4 hour study clause in his contract?

Im not defending the kid because i want him. Thats not the case at all. LaEl Collins had red flags and the Cowboys rolled the dice. I dont think Jenkins is as good as Collins was but he is not lacking talent for a young OL. Some team might be able to tether him and get something out of him.
                          Trade rumors may be just trying to light a fire under his ass, but it's super rare for a second year 2nd round pick to have official trade rumors.

His back issues are also a big red flag. Maybe worth it to swing for the fences.

Comment

Working...
                          X