• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fleet 1
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Kauai
    • Send PM

Penning is doing exactly what he did at Senior Bowl and the Saints still drafted him, They knew what they were getting. This is what he does. Guys like Taylor Lewan get praised for this type of play. If hes getting penalized its an issue. But they liked the dog in this kid and thats what they are getting.

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I’ve read a lot of stories over the years of gratuitously gluttonous behavior by the vets to stick as large a bill as possible on the rook. Thats just kind of fucked up. Contract, no contract, sticking another person with a $50k bill for a meal and laughing about it just isn’t right.
      When a $7.9 million signing bonus was recently dropped in your lap it's nice to respect tradition, take your new best friends out for a treat. $50k is pocket change and this only happens once.

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

I’ve read a lot of stories over the years of gratuitously gluttonous behavior by the vets to stick as large a bill as possible on the rook. Thats just kind of fucked up. Contract, no contract, sticking another person with a $50k bill for a meal and laughing about it just isn’t right.
        Ryan Leaf didn't put up with it.......beginning of his downfall.

It would have helped if he could have played worth a damn.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

When a $7.9 million signing bonus was recently dropped in your lap it's nice to respect tradition, take your new best friends out for a treat. $50k is pocket change and this only happens once.
          I think they only do this to 1rst round picks.....there are worse forms of hazing.

Anyone remember the Saints under Ditka (not that Ditka approved)?
          Real psychotic shit.

Cleeland, now retired and raising a family in Vancouver, Wash., said he doesn't have many fond memories from that rookie season, productive as he was. He doesn't have much respect for the way the Saints responded to the hazing. Yes, they cut Royal, but there was a fundamental lack of understanding about how unfair and cruel the situation was.

"Coach [Mike] Ditka gave me a speech as soon as it was done," he recalled. "He was like, 'Oh, man, you should have just popped those guys in the mouth.' I said, 'Coach, there were 60 of them.'"

Seven years later, when Cleeland was playing for St. Louis, the Rams drafted Incognito, who had been kicked off his college teams at Nebraska and Oregon.

"I'm not afraid to say that he was an immature, unrealistic scumbag," Cleeland said. "When it came down to it, he had no personality, he was a locker-room cancer, and he just wanted to fight everybody all the time. It was bizarre beyond belief."
          Last edited by powderblueboy; 08-04-2022, 12:12 PM.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

[QUOTE=Fleet 1;n1364407]Penning is doing exactly what he did at Senior Bowl and the Saints still drafted him, They knew what they were getting. This is what he does. Guys like Taylor Lewan get praised for this type of play. If hes getting penalized its an issue. But they liked the dog in this kid and thats what they are getting.

[/QUOTE

I think they are getting more dawg than they wanted.

We'll see if fellow offensive linemen come to his aid when he starts picking fights with opposing teams vets.
            There will be some brutal infighting that we'll miss.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
              Charger Fan since 1978
              • Sep 2021
              • Send PM

I hope zion picks a fight at camp today:cartman:
              "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post
                I hope zion picks a fight at camp today:cartman:
                Penning would recommend that he starts small: go after Mark Webb before you work your way up to Damon Lloyd

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

I understand to parameters involved. I don’t buy it - nobody has a claim to your money and $50k is never pocket change
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

I understand to parameters involved. I don’t buy it - nobody has a claim to your money and $50k is never pocket change
                    OK. Personally I'd be grateful for the opportunity. They couldn't take it from me, I'd give it gladly. But I understand scratching for every penny. You will no doubt leave more assets behind than I when we pass on. A 0.6% tithe doesn't seem abusive to me.
                    Last edited by sonorajim; 08-04-2022, 02:26 PM.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Penning would recommend that he starts small: go after Mark Webb before you work your way up to Damon Lloyd
                      he could beat the shit out of trey pipkins for all I care, as long as folks around here start talking about OUR players was my effin point:goofylol:
                      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• equivocation
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2021
                        • Send PM

No fights from Penning today but his performance with the first team was "mixed".

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

The Rams' Matthew Stafford may need Tommy John surgery. He can't get rid of the pain in his elbow.

Comment

Working...
                          X