• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lefty2SLO
    Moderate Skeptic
    • May 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Actually Heat, the Brownies still have quite a few picks left in the 2023 draft, (see chart) even after trading for Watson. But the killer on that deal was trading away THREE 1st rounders for the next three years...talking about mortgaging the future for a talented, but troubled player...

cle 2023 draft.JPG

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-V...equestTeam=cle
    IMO Watson is going to faceplant when he's finally is allowed to play. No way will he be the same player as before this mess. He'll have a couple of bad games, teammates, coaches and fans will be questioning his ability and he'll come apart mentally. His contract will be a millstone around his neck. Cleveland gave up the future for him - normally that's an enormous amount of pressure in and of itself, but combine that with the baggage he now and always will carry, even beyond his playing days, and there's no way he's going to survive.

I pity the Cleveland fans for what's coming the next few years.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

IMO Watson is going to faceplant when he's finally is allowed to play. No way will he be the same player as before this mess. He'll have a couple of bad games, teammates, coaches and fans will be questioning his ability and he'll come apart mentally. His contract will be a millstone around his neck. Cleveland gave up the future for him - normally that's an enormous amount of pressure in and of itself, but combine that with the baggage he now and always will carry, even beyond his playing days, and there's no way he's going to survive.

I pity the Cleveland fans for what's coming the next few years.
      Think of all the pressure on Watson...the repeated questions about the suspension, his lame half-apology, the settlement of the 20 lawsuits, the ONGOING other lawsuits still unsettled, the dissension in the clubhouse--some players maybe trying to support him, but others distancing themselves from him, the fans with boos and signs at games, all while the Brownies shell out $230 mil and THREE 1st round draft picks...and finally, all this coming on the heels of a woeful history of either bad or bad boy QB's in Cleveland...ugh...
      Last edited by Topcat; 08-20-2022, 02:31 PM.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
        Moderate Skeptic
        • May 2022
        • Send PM

Think of all the pressure on Watson...the repeated questions about the suspension, his lame half-apology, the settlement of the 20 lawsuits, the ONGOING other three lawsuits still unsettled, the dissension in the clubhouse--some players maybe trying to support him, but others distancing themselves from him, the fans with boos and signs at games, all while the Brownies shell out $230 mil and THREE 1st round draft picks...and finally, all this coming on the heels of a woeful history of either bad or bad boy QB's in Cleveland...ugh...
        Yep - not a pretty picture. The only ones I feel sorry for are the fans though. Management are idiots grasping at straws, and Watson's a straight up freak. Have you seen the pics of his girlfriend?? I mean - What The Hell???

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
          Moderate Skeptic
          • May 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Yep - not a pretty picture. The only ones I feel sorry for are the fans though. Management are idiots grasping at straws, and Watson's a straight up freak. Have you seen the pics of his girlfriend?? I mean - What The Hell???
          Compare Cleveland's Management to our Charger's (over the last few years). We have a lot to be thankful for and appreciative of.

Comment

• equivocation
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2021
            • Send PM

Watson is gonna have 2 years of rust. May never shake it off.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

The Bills kicked the Broncos' ass.
              I only sporadically looked at the game, but I thought I heard the announcer say the Broncos didn’t play any of their starters. No idea if correct - anyone know?
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Think of all the pressure on Watson...the repeated questions about the suspension, his lame half-apology, the settlement of the 20 lawsuits, the ONGOING other lawsuits still unsettled, the dissension in the clubhouse--some players maybe trying to support him, but others distancing themselves from him, the fans with boos and signs at games, all while the Brownies shell out $230 mil and THREE 1st round draft picks...and finally, all this coming on the heels of a woeful history of either bad or bad boy QB's in Cleveland...ugh...
                The presser/interview I heard him talking - he didn’t sound very pressured or concerned about shit.
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                  French Speaking Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Québec city
                  • Send PM

The Bills have the best QB duo in the league.

Comment

• Shock&Awe
                    Great White North
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
                    I never realized how young he is, that’s really the only silver lining. But two years is a long time out of football, but Vick came back after jail and had a few decent seasons.

Comment

• captaind
                      Cook This Pork Chops
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Mars
                      • Ball Holder
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
                      Nothing a few massages can't fix.

Comment

• captaind
                        Cook This Pork Chops
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Mars
                        • Ball Holder
                        • Send PM

Panthers QB Matt Corral likely out for season with ‘significant’ foot injury | Carolina Panthers | The Guardian

Baker time?

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                          Moderate Skeptic
                          • May 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

Nothing a few massages can't fix.
                          No you didn't!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X