• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Berserker76
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post
    Are the Broncos going to regret passing on Justin Fields? And if so, how soon?

Passing on Fields was a bold move for a team that has made it clear they aren't impressed with Drew Lock.
    Yep, that was idiotic passing on Fields, unless they were really confident Rogers was coming on board. Look forward to playing these guys in SoFi.

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

The team that should go get Julio is the Packers. That would lure Rogers back and what a duo they'd have!
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
        The team that should go get Julio is the Packers. That would lure Rogers back and what a duo they'd have!
        Sounds good...that way, we keep BOTH Rodgers and Julio out of our division...and Horseface rolls with Lackluster Lock another year!

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
          But do the LAC really NEED Julio or would those funds be better reserved for future players or just not to max out the cap space?

To me Julio isnt even going to solve our weakest link which was the D performance last year. (Im assuming the OL is now likely resolved). We need a vet stud there. Id rather trade for an impact player on the DL than for another good player in a pretty good WR room . Id love this much more if he was 5 years younger and provided future value. We have brand new coaching this year....i dont see this as the year we go all in for a SB run...we need to see where our weaknesses will be yet to know what we need to plug.
          Special Teams was easily our weakest link. Offense and Defense had some position issues. STs were across the board terrible. Staley's coaching & player moves should net 2 or more Ws above last year based on ST improvement alone.

Getting better on D is a need. Losing leads in 2nd half, 4th qtr was gut wrenching.
          Coach Staley is huge in that regard, as are the return of Derwin & Tranquill.
          We drafted CB Samuel, Edge Rumph, LB/ST Nieman, S Webb. Signed FAs OLB Fackrell, CB/ST Smith, DL/NT Covington.
          Regards DL there are a number of young prospects, the foremost of whom are Jones & Tillery. It's time for them to step up. Linval is a good NT.
          Training, playcalls, unit packages, rotation & substitution are going to be different and more effective. How much we can't know until they do it.
          Defensive improvement is in Staley's wheelhouse.

I'm looking forward to killer Defense.
          Tampa's defense was huge in defeating KC in the SB. Defense still wins Championships!

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

I'm looking forward to killer Defense.
            Tampa's defense was huge in defeating KC in the SB. Defense still wins Championships!
            Tampa's defense got a huge great when the Chiefs OT's both were out for the game.

We, all of us, are expecting a lot, a whole lot, from Staley. I pray he doesn't turn out to be another coordinator that doesn't cut it as a HC. He sounds so good - I hope he is as good as he sounds.
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
              Doubt Atl considers an NFC team BUT this would be a genius move by GB to help their reputation while giving Rodgers an out to play at least 1 more year
              and yes, selfishly keeling both talents out of AFCW
              G-Ro knows.

Comment

• MagicMamba88
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2019
                • Send PM

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post

I guarantee they do not.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Heatmiser
                    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I love the arrogance. Will provide extra motivation to their opponents. And the Chiefs under Andy Reid have been spectacular but they do often go into these weird, inexplicable funks where they lose reallly winnable games and fall to earth for several weeks. So yeah, 20-0 ain’t happening.

TG
                    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                      I love the arrogance. Will provide extra motivation to their opponents. And the Chiefs under Andy Reid have been spectacular but they do often go into these weird, inexplicable funks where they lose reallly winnable games and fall to earth for several weeks. So yeah, 20-0 ain’t happening.

TG
                      We all saw what happened in the superbowl? No oline and a badly injured Mahommy Toe made the chiefs so pedestrian that even the Chargers could have beat them in the Superbowl.

:beer:
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

TG
                        Chiefs have had great fortune in the injury department the last 3 years, leading up to last year's Super Bowl.
                        Lose an important piece and they looked like crap against Tampa Bay.

Playing 8 extra playoff games the last 3 years, their luck is about to run out.

Comment

• chargeroo
                          Fan since 1961
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Oregon
                          • Retired Manager/Pastor
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Chiefs have had great fortune in the injury department the last 3 years, leading up to last year's Super Bowl.
                          Lose an important piece and they looked like crap against Tampa Bay.

Playing 8 extra playoff games the last 3 years, their luck is about to run out.
                          I have to add to that - HERE COME THE BOLTS!
                          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

Working...
                          X