• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

The game would not have even been that close if the Seahawk D holds onto those 2 gimme interceptions Wilson threw up for grabs.

What an ugly game.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Key takeaways tor me

#1 above all - Wilson is not a great QB. He’s degraded by age to a game manager at best. Clear #4 QB in AFCW. This was the big question of their off-season: was he the answer? The answer is no.
      #2 Hackett is a hack, not ready for prime time. Good for us in random unpredictable times and places
      #3 Denver defense is not great. Geno Smith was able to move on them a lot more than I expected. Geno Smith?

Add it up - Denver is hands down favorite for 4th place in AFCW. Have to respect every team and game, but zero fear of Denver based on last night.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
        Broncos gave Seattle 7 first downs by penalty. Over 100 yards on 12 penalties. Their kicker is 0-6 on tries over 62 yards. 374 yards, 16 total points. 2 goal line fumbles. Coach says afterwards his team wasn’t paying well at the kick decision. A no vote of confidence, “gee thanks a lot coach!”
        Gotta wonder why Nate "The Not-So Great" Hackett keeps going to that 0-6 dry well...when the cow's gone dry, don't milk it!

Comment

• northerner
          Charger fan since '79
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
          The worst call by Hackett? Calling a timeout when the games’s over and lost and the Seahawks are doing kneel downs. Huh? Exsqueeze me?
          calling for a 64 FG, at an outdoor field, on 4th and 5 at your opponents 47 yard line with 20 seconds left and two timeouts, is just about insane. add in the fact that you now have a high-priced, free agent QB, and it is insane.

Comment

• Duck of Death
            Social Piranha
            • May 2022
            • Flyover, USA
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
            Key takeaways tor me

#1 above all - Wilson is not a great QB. He’s degraded by age to a game manager at best. Clear #4 QB in AFCW. This was the big question of their off-season: was he the answer? The answer is no.
            #2 Hackett is a hack, not ready for prime time. Good for us in random unpredictable times and places
            #3 Denver defense is not great. Geno Smith was able to move on them a lot more than I expected. Geno Smith?

Add it up - Denver is hands down favorite for 4th place in AFCW. Have to respect every team and game, but zero fear of Denver based on last night.
            The early clarity is interesting. I definitely felt similar thoughts. And it sure looks like the Raiders' OL is gonna limit their potential.

BUT everything is still so early. And inj-r--s (won't even dare spell out the full word) always has a funny way of changing the picture.

But while we're talking about early pictures, it certainly looks like the road to the superbowl goes thru Buffalo.

Comment

• Heatmiser
              BetterToday ThanYesterday
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

calling for a 64 FG, at an outdoor field, on 4th and 5 at your opponents 47 yard line with 20 seconds left and two timeouts, is just about insane. add in the fact that you now have a high-priced, free agent QB, and it is insane.
              It was all part of the strategy to save timeouts for the kneel downs, hoping to get a turnover from the victory formation. Hackett has the potential to be a massive flame out. Hoping...

Broncos fans say they would have scored 44 points except for dropped passes and goal line fumbles (Mel is a great mentor to Williams!) but they over look easy dropped INTs

They lost to Geno Smith and a bunch of rag tag castoffs. This might be the only game Seattle wins this year.

TG
              Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

Agree. Overall, it was a perfect ending. I wanted Denver to lose but was hoping Wilson had a good game. The loss wasn’t Wilson’s fault. Melvin Hairball Gordon gets credit for that.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

It was all part of the strategy to save timeouts for the kneel downs, hoping to get a turnover from the victory formation. Hackett has the potential to be a massive flame out. Hoping...

Broncos fans say they would have scored 44 points except for dropped passes and goal line fumbles (Mel is a great mentor to Williams!) but they over look easy dropped INTs

They lost to Geno Smith and a bunch of rag tag castoffs. This might be the only game Seattle wins this year.

TG
                  They sound like us Chargers fans during the Gordon years.
                  Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                    Key takeaways tor me

You cannot expect them to shoot themselves in the feet every game. Division Rivals play hard against each other. Wilson is still an upgrade over their previous QB and if we go to sleep on them they will hand us our asses back to us.

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Andre Roberts was placed on IR due to a PCL injury by the Panthers.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Windsor, U.K.
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                        Andre Roberts was placed on IR due to a PCL injury by the Panthers.
                        That sucks!
                        Andre balled out for us last year. Made me a fan.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Been monitoring the Trey Lance situ up here in Nor Cal. There seems to be a lot desire not to write the kid off too soon, which is understandable. But Mike Martz, the former Rams HC who was also OC for the Niners back in the day, said this about Lance in a vid posted to Twitter.

“I want [the 49ers’] eyeballs,” Martz said. “I’ve never seen anything about this kid that was encouraging at all. He really has to plant himself to make a good throw. He’s not a quick-decision guy. Every shot in the rear about him being a mobile guy, making plays with his feet -- he looked like a fullback stumbling around trying to run the ball, to me.”

The backlash on Twitter (which I don't follow) has been hot and angry by Niner fans. opcorn:

Comment

Working...
                          X