pipkins lamp quessenberry feeney tevi/storm/scott

Interesting

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Move on to what? A team that still can't afford to extend a top talent in Bosa.
      I don't see the point of surrounding Taylor likewise with marginal talent
      Time to move on from Rivers, his expensive contract, and his inability to win, most of the time, in crunch time...for all his assets, Rivers had too many liabilities, mainly his lack of mobility, and the way he'd go into panic mode and play hero ball...sorry, he just didn't have the right stuff...

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Going to disagree. Philip has always been all in. If it goes badly, it won't be because of focus or distractions. The whole coaching high school after retiring has been around for a while. It only came into fruition this year. I think their schedule is pretty winnable especially because they're in the AFC South.
        Disagree. Only explanation for last year’s poor play can be distractions.

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Disagree. Only explanation for last year’s poor play can be distractions.
          Was it any different than 2012, 2015, and 2016? He didn't trust his OL once Pouncey went down, and Okung was in and out. Plus he started pressing when they started falling behind. That's what happened most of the time. He would play hero ball. Like I said, no different than what happened in 2012, 2015, and 2016.

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Jorgecasas10 View Post
            Peters warford pouncey turner bulaga
            pipkins lamp quessenberry feeney tevi/storm/scott

Interesting
            All FA OL lol.

Comment

• FarAwayBoltFan
              San Diego Native
              • Feb 2019
              • Farmington, NM
              • Send PM

All FA OL lol.
              Turner was acquired via trade but the trade was of a former FA so your statement applies.

Given TT and the scouting dept's inability to evaluate OL talent, this is a good thing.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                Outback Goon
                • Sep 2018
                • Australia
                • Send PM

All FA OL lol.
                if it works

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I have no idea if the Chargers are in on Peters or not. But the comments Telesco made are just comments a GM says to not give his hand away

I don;'t see the Chargers in on Warford as he is an OG and unless Pouncey is not healthy - which by all accounts he is - there is not the need.
                  I agree that GMs say they love and value each of their players right up to the day they are released or traded. That said ... he’s loved himself some crappy OL players for a long time, so the notion he truly loves loves Tevi etc cannot be completely discounted.

I am guessing he decided Tevi’s feet are uniquely designed for LT was an epiphany he realized after watching him play extensively at RT?
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Critty
                    Dominate the Day.
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

I'm a big fan of free agency and making trades.
                    It doesn't have to be big money deals, but adding quality players with experience.

In the draft you usually have 7 picks, and only your 1st 3 picks are Top 100 prospects. Rookies with No NFL experience. Nobody that has proved they can start and play at a high level.

The Sign and trade for 2 o-line starters who have been pro bowl level players. A 1st rd pick Bulaga and 3rd rd pick Turner. Sign starting corner Harris a pro bowl level player. Sign starting DT a pro bowl level player. 2nd rd pick.

So your adding quality players with experience that have played at a high level. Many were 1st, 2nd or 3rd rd prospects coming into the league.

I would offer a 2021 2nd Rd pick & Tevi-OT to Green Bay for Bahktiari-OT right now and give him a extension. Tell Packers, Look he will be a free agent next year and you lose him for nothing. Best you Get is a bottom 3rd comp pick. We will give you a 2nd and an young OT Tevi. LAC get a proven starting LT for the 2020 season and beyond. I like that so much better than the unknown of the 2021 2nd rd rookie draft pick or the unknown of Tevi developing into a solid oline starter.

The 2021 2nd rd pick is hopefully a starter. Bahktiari is great starter for sure. Seems like a no brainer if you can get the deal done.
                    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I agree that GMs say they love and value each of their players right up to the day they are released or traded. That said ... he’s loved himself some crappy OL players for a long time, so the notion he truly loves loves Tevi etc cannot be completely discounted.

I am guessing he decided Tevi’s feet are uniquely designed for LT was an epiphany he realized after watching him play extensively at RT?
                      TT maybe referring to Tevi’s physical traits and skillset. Sam’s issues aren’t with his physical skillset but the fact his technique and fundamentals struggle at times. This should be coachable but 3 years, under the previous position coach/offensive scheme, have shown only minor improvement.
                      Now with a proven position coach in the fold , Sam, Forrest, Dan, etc will get this season to show they deserve a new contract or they’ll hit the road. The change to a predominantly zone blocking, PA, boot scheme will positively affect their play.
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                        It doesn't have to be big money deals, but adding quality players with experience.

In the draft you usually have 7 picks, and only your 1st 3 picks are Top 100 prospects. Rookies with No NFL experience. Nobody that has proved they can start and play at a high level.

The Sign and trade for 2 o-line starters who have been pro bowl level players. A 1st rd pick Bulaga and 3rd rd pick Turner. Sign starting corner Harris a pro bowl level player. Sign starting DT a pro bowl level player. 2nd rd pick.

So your adding quality players with experience that have played at a high level. Many were 1st, 2nd or 3rd rd prospects coming into the league.

I would offer a 2021 2nd Rd pick & Tevi-OT to Green Bay for Bahktiari-OT right now and give him a extension. Tell Packers, Look he will be a free agent next year and you lose him for nothing. Best you Get is a bottom 3rd comp pick. We will give you a 2nd and an young OT Tevi. LAC get a proven starting LT for the 2020 season and beyond. I like that so much better than the unknown of the 2021 2nd rd rookie draft pick or the unknown of Tevi developing into a solid oline starter.

The 2021 2nd rd pick is hopefully a starter. Bahktiari is great starter for sure. Seems like a no brainer if you can get the deal done.
                        I think we really like Pipkins. Giving Pip a season to see what we have while we install our new system makes sense. Tyrod will take the beating if he falters but if he excels then we have our answer at OLT for the future.
                        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Why in the world would the Packers trade Bakhtiari, an All-Pro and Pro-Bowler, for Turnstile Tevi? It would be like trading in a Maserati for a Yugo...if anything, just offer the draft pick, conditionally based on Bakhtiari agreeing with the Bolts on a multi-year deal...

Comment

Working...
                          X