• Show
Clear All
  • CanadianBoltFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2022
    • White Rock, BC Canada
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

The Chargers offense is now missing their #1, #2, #3 WRs: Keenan, Mike Will, & Palmer. Can any other team make the same claim this season? I do not believe so. This is season is an aberration IMO, and it's best to acknowledge it, save our draft picks for April 2023, when we will want and need them.
    Still a plodding offence with no outside speed and they have not yet missed all those WRs in one game yet. Palmer is another slow receiver who cannot separate and has been underwhelming when given the chance to start. What is his last game he played? 7 catches for a whopping 50 yards....zzzzzz 7 yards a catch is brutal for a WR. Herbert's throws have to be pretty well perfect every pass to him

Hey I like Josh, works hard and happy to see a Canadian catching passes for the Bolts. A good depth guy, but doesnt bring a new dimension. Duplicate of Keenan but just not as good.

Also dont agree with throwing in the towel and writing off this season as an aberration. The injuries have been tough no question but there are 10 games left. Buffalo had games this year with 14 players out of the line up, yet they find a way to play and win and they are still looking to add players to get better.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2022
      • White Rock, BC Canada
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Disagree about characterizing 'next man up' as surrender with a club that is among the Top Five league leaders in injuries.

It's next man up. That's what time it is. Thus it shall always be in this league. If Telesco cannot acquire the talent necessary and he's had over a decade to acclimate himself to the job, he deserves to be let go. Second, I am an arch-conservative when it comes to draft picks. An organization's lifeblood is those players' rights acquisition in April and the Chargers will need every pick. I view it as being pragmatic, yet other see it as short-sighted. I understand that argument, but that is another discussion in itself.

This off-season I expect the WR corp to be addressed through free agency and the draft. Look at the Eagles and Howie Roseman as a model: they completely blew up their 2021 WR group and got younger, healthier, faster, and have two legitimate #1 WR who have played nearly all their snaps. Eagles are 6-0. Brown had a snap count of 74% against Dallas and DeVonta Smith at 72%.

https://www.lineups.com/nfl/snap-counts/philadelphia-eagles-snap-counts
      Agree with you on the value of draft picks but it is kind of moot the way TT gets no contributions from mid rounders

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2022
        • White Rock, BC Canada
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Would you trade Keenan for one of those guys?
        Not suggesting that. I am suggesting adding a speed element in Hamler to add to the mix and make life not such a cakewalk defending the Chargers passing game for opposing defences with the current zero threat of long passes, Hamler likley wouldnt be terribly expensive and could well have untapped potential. More than Guyton, if we even had him.

Keenan has the look of a guy that may soon be declining.Certainly hasnt recovered froma tweaked hamsting very easily.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Not suggesting that. I am suggesting adding a speed element in Hamler to add to the mix and make life not such a cakewalk defending the Chargers passing game for opposing defences with the current zero threat of long passes, Hamler likley wouldnt be terribly expensive and could well have untapped potential. More than Guyton, if we even had him.

Keenan has the look of a guy that may soon be declining.Certainly hasnt recovered froma tweaked hamsting very easily.
          Not many guys do. Adderley missed his rookie season from one. The Raiders TE Waller has missed 1 less game than Keenan....actually, that's wrong. The same number of games since Keenan played last week and Waller didn't.

Hamstrings aren't good injuries to have. They take time to heal.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2022
            • White Rock, BC Canada
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Not many guys do. Adderley missed his rookie season from one. The Raiders TE Waller has missed 1 less game than Keenan....actually, that's wrong. The same number of games since Keenan played last week and Waller didn't.

Hamstrings aren't good injuries to have. They take time to heal.
            I understand that, but Waller is also 30 and it is natural that the body takes longer to heal as you get older. I honestly think Waller's best days are behind him. Not saying he is done but he wont duplicate the numbers he put up a couple of years ago

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Palmer then?

Comment

• WindsorUK
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Windsor, U.K.
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Would you trade Keenan for one of those guys?
                I suggested moving Keenan this past off season, and didn't get much love. That would have been the time to collect some extra draft capital for situations just like this( grabbing a 2022 pick and other future considerations to move for immediate help)
                KC did it with Hill, so it was definitely doable.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

I understand that, but Waller is also 30 and it is natural that the body takes longer to heal as you get older. I honestly think Waller's best days are behind him. Not saying he is done but he wont duplicate the numbers he put up a couple of years ago
                  Rookie WR Jahan Dotson has missed the last 3 weeks with a Hammy injury. Gonna be 4 this week.
                  Just depends on the degree of them.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

As long as you understand that would mean we are losing some players. Spanos does not have the deep pockets to restructure Keenan and Bosa, etc into signing bonuses to elevate the cap. Kroenke has the pockets to do that and they got very lucky that Detroit took on Goff's bad deal in a trade for Stafford. Jerry Jones has the deep pockets to do that as he is a horrible GM handing out contracts.

That just isn't the Spano's clan and I'll add that Micheal Spanos II is a part of the salary cap team lol. Maguire isn't a risk taker either. Maybe he is ordered not to be. Bottom line imo is the owners and this family run business is the cancer of this franchise.
                    I do get all of that. And its why, from the Texans I prefer a guy like Hughes because the draft pick would be less and easier to cut or even keep next year as his salary is reasonable.

And for the reasons you mention - I am not sure trading for Cooks is correct because of what you have mentioned about the cap shenanigans. That said, if they did it, would be pleasantly surprised.

The Suns could also just release Cooks next spring as well - but that means trading a draft pick for 10 games.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

I suggested moving Keenan this past off season, and didn't get much love. That would have been the time to collect some extra draft capital for situations just like this( grabbing a 2022 pick and other future considerations to move for immediate help)
                      KC did it with Hill, so it was definitely doable.
                      Well Allen was going to get back what Tyreek got the Chiefs but sure - they might have done the trade a year early over a year later. If this hammy lingers for much of the season, I can see Allen being released next spring or asked to take a pay cut.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2022
                        • White Rock, BC Canada
                        • Send PM

Rookie WR Jahan Dotson has missed the last 3 weeks with a Hammy injury. Gonna be 4 this week.
                        Just depends on the degree of them.
                        No doubt, you are right about that.

But injuries mount and effectiveness declines over 30 in many players. Keenan never was a speed guy and has been a great Charger but a really progressive organization might be looking to move on from that deal after the 2022 season.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

On Keenan Allen, the last year of a 5 year contract is not meant to be played. He’ll be cut or sighted to a new deal.

His 5th year is for a 25.8 mill cap hit or 2.7 mill dead cap hit. I hope he’s still a capable player and willing to renegotiate to a smaller number more appropriate for an older guy.

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X