• Show
Clear All
  • CanadianBoltFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2022
    • White Rock, BC Canada
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Mack was Quinn’s teammate. He would know if it’s worthwhile to get him.
    Had 18.5 sacks as recently as 2021. Thats decent

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post
      for EDGE Robert Quinn is being shopped

Comes with 18 mil cap hit for 2023 though

There is definately activity prior to deadline.
      Bears might take some of the cap hit to get a better pick as owed 12.8m - so for the rest of the year, would be owed close to 8m
      Bears might say - we will pay the salary except the minimum, give us a better pick
      Broncos did this with Von last year - hence the multiple picks from the rams

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2022
        • White Rock, BC Canada
        • Send PM

Broncos listening to offers now on both Jeudy and Hamler

Reported that there is interest in Hamler because cost is cheaper to acquire and some teams feel he has been under utilized in Denver.

Sounds like someone our offence sorely needs and worth a shot.

So many players sound like they are available. It will be negligence if Telesco does not bring some aid to this sputtering offence. And it is more than waiting for your WR group to ever get healthy. Many experts called out the lack of speed on this offence before the season even began.

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Reported that there is interest in Hamler because cost is cheaper to acquire and some teams feel he has been under utilized in Denver.

So many players sound like they are available. It will be negligence if Telesco does not bring some aid to this sputtering offence. And it is more than waiting for your WR group to ever get healthy. Many experts called out the lack of speed on this offence before the season even began.
          The Chargers offense is now missing their #1, #2, #3 WRs: Keenan, Mike Will, & Palmer. Can any other team make the same claim this season? I do not believe so. This is season is an aberration IMO, and it's best to acknowledge it, save our draft picks for April 2023, when we will want and need them.

Comment

• Riverwalk
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

The Chargers offense is now missing their #1, #2, #3 WRs: Keenan, Mike Will, & Palmer. Can any other team make the same claim this season? I do not believe so. This is season is an aberration IMO, and it's best to acknowledge it, save our draft picks for April 2023, when we will want and need them.
            Disagree with your willingness to wave the white surrender flag.

if I’m GM, I’m shopping for a talented Edge and WR and would replace Lombardi.

Again, I’ll make the point….this is an entertainment t business and you can’t sell tickets if you “acknowledge” the season is over because of too many injuries.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Again, I’ll make the point….this is an entertainment t business and you can’t sell tickets if you “acknowledge” the season is over because of too many injuries.
              You can't spend all you did in the offseason and wave the white flag now over a friggin 3rd or 4th round draft choice. For the reminder - here are the names of some of the players Telesco has drafted in the 3rd or 4
              Teo, Attaochu Gordon and Murray cost the team three 4ths and 1 Third
              3rds: Mager Chris Watt, Max Tuerk
              4ths: Josh Perry

McKitty, Palmer, Woods and Spiler the last two years - tbd
              I think Josh Kelley was a 4th rounder
              Keenan was a good one, very good one

so off the top of my head - its not like the risk is that great if you can improve THIS season

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Disagree about characterizing 'next man up' as surrender with a club that is among the Top Five league leaders in injuries.

It's next man up. That's what time it is. Thus it shall always be in this league. If Telesco cannot acquire the talent necessary and he's had over a decade to acclimate himself to the job, he deserves to be let go. Second, I am an arch-conservative when it comes to draft picks. An organization's lifeblood is those players' rights acquisition in April and the Chargers will need every pick. I view it as being pragmatic, yet other see it as short-sighted. I understand that argument, but that is another discussion in itself.

This off-season I expect the WR corp to be addressed through free agency and the draft. Look at the Eagles and Howie Roseman as a model: they completely blew up their 2021 WR group and got younger, healthier, faster, and have two legitimate #1 WR who have played nearly all their snaps. Eagles are 6-0. Brown had a snap count of 74% against Dallas and DeVonta Smith at 72%.

https://www.lineups.com/nfl/snap-counts/philadelphia-eagles-snap-counts
                Last edited by ghost; 10-25-2022, 06:33 PM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Thats why a guy like Elijah Moore makes sense as he has two more years on his rookie deal - but he is cheap - so costs more draft capital

Cooks is not bad this year but next year that figure goes up and it does affect your cap - they can figure it out - but its a more win this year move. But if they do it for Cook - I wouldn't be opposed as you can always finagle the cap next spring
                  As long as you understand that would mean we are losing some players. Spanos does not have the deep pockets to restructure Keenan and Bosa, etc into signing bonuses to elevate the cap. Kroenke has the pockets to do that and they got very lucky that Detroit took on Goff's bad deal in a trade for Stafford. Jerry Jones has the deep pockets to do that as he is a horrible GM handing out contracts.

That just isn't the Spano's clan and I'll add that Micheal Spanos II is a part of the salary cap team lol. Maguire isn't a risk taker either. Maybe he is ordered not to be. Bottom line imo is the owners and this family run business is the cancer of this franchise.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

You can't spend all you did in the offseason and wave the white flag now over a friggin 3rd or 4th round draft choice. For the reminder - here are the names of some of the players Telesco has drafted in the 3rd or 4
                    Teo, Attaochu Gordon and Murray cost the team three 4ths and 1 Third
                    3rds: Mager Chris Watt, Max Tuerk
                    4ths: Josh Perry

McKitty, Palmer, Woods and Spiler the last two years - tbd
                    I think Josh Kelley was a 4th rounder
                    Keenan was a good one, very good one

so off the top of my head - its not like the risk is that great if you can improve THIS season
                    Just because the Rams won a SB last year , their way isn't a model to go by. They suck this year, they haven't had a first round pick for some years and won't til I think 2024 or 25. Heck they haven't had many picks period but have maximized the picks they have.
                    What other team went to their extremes and won a SB?
                    You won't replenish your team and manage the cap well by trading those picks away for expensive players you can't afford to keep. But yes, I'd like us to win 1 SH in my 50 years as a fan. Have had the cheapest owners ever.

Remember, it's always said the best way to build your team is thru the draft and sure add some key players.

I think Woods will be a good player soon. Pipkins finally turned out to be a good player, and Spiller should as well. Palmer isn't a finished product and contributing. Doing exactly as well as a WR you want to trade for and is cheaper.
                    Why mention rookies as a reason to trade those picks away? Nobody expects 3rd and 4th rounders to start. If they do, you drafted well or your team isn't very good.

Also, most guys that are traded , the team trading for them usually give up low picks as we have seen many seemingly good deals over the years.

SF gave up too much for McCaffrey.If he gets injured, it's a big OOPs.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to get Cooks but his contract is awful and surprised the Texans gave that to him. Just don't think we have creative capologists and a Spanos is one of them.
                    Last edited by Boltjolt; 10-25-2022, 06:29 PM.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Would you trade Keenan for one of those guys?

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Just because the Rams won a SB last year , their way isn't a model to go by. They suck this year, they haven't had a first round pick for some years and won't til I think 2024 or 25. Heck they haven't had many picks period but have maximized the picks they have.
                        What other team went to their extremes and won a SB?
                        You won't replenish your team and manage the cap well by trading those picks away for expensive players you can't afford to keep. But yes, I'd like us to win 1 SH in my 50 years as a fan. Have had the cheapest owners ever.

Remember, it's always said the best way to build your team is thru the draft and sure add some key players.

I think Woods will be a good player soon. Pipkins finally turned out to be a good player, and Spiller should as well. Palmer isn't a finished product and contributing. Doing exactly as well as a WR you want to trade for and is cheaper.
                        Why mention rookies as a reason to trade those picks away? Nobody expects 3rd and 4th rounders to start. If they do, you drafted well or your team isn't very good.

Also, most guys that are traded , the team trading for them usually give up low picks as we have seen many seemingly good deals over the years.

SF gave up too much for McCaffrey.If he gets injured, it's a big OOPs.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to get Cooks but his contract is awful and surprised the Texans gave that to him. Just don't think we have creative capologists and a Spanos is one of them.
                        I'm agreeing with you BJ. 49ers spent their draft capital on a RB in 2022 when they needed to move on a new QB in 2023, cause Jimmy and Trey ain't the guy there.

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Would you trade Keenan for one of those guys?
                          No. Because Keenan is the longest vested Charger and IMO he should be consulted in the manner in which he chooses to go. Show the man that respect, Dean Spanos.

Comment

Working...
                          X