• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
    And before the braintrust puts words in my mouth... I DO NOT advocate trading for OBJ. Go draft your own!

Who's bold enough to admit they were wrong about OBJ?
    I remember lots of hand wringing about 40 times and bench presses... LOL!
    But you hate on Faalele.
    It's...palpable.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Memento was an excellent movie.
      Best Nolan movie?
      comedy central season 6 episode 2 GIF by Workaholics

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

So did the leagues GMs.

​​​​​​Where did you mock him?
        And what do you want us to trade for him?
        My grade on him was late 1st round. In my actual mock (day of the draft) I took him in the 2nd round.
        I wouldn't trade for him... the ship has sailed. The Ravens already used up their screaming deal.
        I'd like a LT in the 1st.
        Ninja likes Little in the 2nd. I scouted and touted Little pre-injury. Then he went back to school and blew out his knee.
        If he checks out and shows well @ pro-day... he won't be there in the 2nd.
        I like my movies realistic... if they intend to mimic life.

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

He only wants to play LT and on the Ravens that would make him a back up
          So you predict he sits out if he doesn't get to play LT...?
          That's your story... you're sticking with that...?

Me... I think he's letting teams know that he believes he can play LT. It's a 2nd-contract. The big payday! It's only logical to market yourself as a LT rather than a RT (bigger payday).
          If no team sees him as a LT, they'll pay quality RT money to sign him (still very good). Of course he'll sign that contract and play RT.
          Zeus Jr. isn't a dummy to marketing/negotiating an NFL contract.
          Roll movie credits... story over.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

So you predict he sits out if he doesn't get to play LT...?
            That's your story... you're sticking with that...?

Me... I think he's letting teams know that he believes he can play LT. It's a 2nd-contract. The big payday! It's only logical to market yourself as a LT rather than a RT (bigger payday).
            If no team sees him as a LT, they'll pay quality RT money to sign him (still very good). Of course he'll sign that contract and play RT.
            Zeus Jr. isn't a dummy to marketing/negotiating an NFL contract.
            Roll movie credits... story over.
            That’s not my story. That’s his story.

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

But you hate on Faalele.
              It's...palpable.
              I don't hate on Faalele. I see limitations in his game tape. I see a guy that doesn't get down field and block in space nearly well enough. I think he'll have trouble with NFL speed rushers I'd give him a Mike Remmers comp... not good enough for me. I know you're just searching for adequate... I didn't see a lot of "just adequate" OT's in the playoffs. "Adequate" OT's got eaten alive in the Super Bowl. We all saw this...

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

That’s not my story. That’s his story.
                And I've illuminated you as to why he's telling his story this way. I don't know what else I can tell you...

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Here's a little clip I like to call, "When Woody Met Nutty"...
                  video cut for use at The Groundhog Day Project - http://groundhogdayproject.com/

"I seen you's..."

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

No you wouldn't. C'mon man... at least be truthful.
                    And I like Justin Jones. Unlike most here, I think he'll make a nice NT in Staley's defense. I don't think he's a 4i... but he'll be a nice rotational guy with Joseph @NT.s
                    But rotational DT's are no where near as valuable as full-time starters at OT... numerical score or not.

It's cool if you were one of those OBJ doubters... you weren't the only one... there were many here.
                    Look at my prospect rankings from 2018 it will show you without the hindsight factor.
                    I see no change in Brown’s play as a pro in the sample I’ve looked at which is not in depth.

JJones is a key piece of our Dline rotation.
                    Are you expecting him to get back up to 310#-320# from his current body reshaping to 290#?
                    Excellent size, skillset, and combo of run/pass traits to excel @ 4I/3T.

I still doubt him. I think he is hot garbage. Wait and see what scheme he gets put into when he leave the blackbirds.

I’ve been wrong many many times. If we sign Brown, I’ll take my lumps if he proves me wrong.
                    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

It's an island thing, isn't it ?
                      I've seen Samoa vs Tonga in rugby and it's not pretty.
                      Well let me tell you something, mister.
                      Daniel is half Samoan and half Tongan...and he was born in Australia.
                      Relate Brah.
                      And no behind the back masse shots.
                      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

My grade on him was late 1st round. In my actual mock (day of the draft) I took him in the 2nd round.
                        I wouldn't trade for him... the ship has sailed. The Ravens already used up their screaming deal.
                        I'd like a LT in the 1st.
                        Ninja likes Little in the 2nd. I scouted and touted Little pre-injury. Then he went back to school and blew out his knee.
                        If he checks out and shows well @ pro-day... he won't be there in the 2nd.
                        I like my movies realistic... if they intend to mimic life.
                        You should read more of what I say in why I’ve mock him there in Feb.
                        W. Little is a top 15 prospect OMB.
                        He is the #2 OT prospect OMB

02-18-2021, 02:22 PM
                        Originally posted by bman6555 View Post
                        You can add some more cap room even beyond MW, Turner is due 11.5M with none guaranteed so we can ask him to either cut salary or get cut, Linval Joseph also has a 11.9M cap hit (4M guaranteed), not sure if we can get him down to maybe 7-8M. That means we should be in the ballpark of around 50M in cap space.

As for the tackle class (focusing purely on value as a tackle) the consensus so far this year compared to last year would probably be as follows. Sewell I would put ahead of the 4 top tackles from the 2020 class. Slater and Darrisaw (although some put him down a group further) would go 1 step below the 4. Then you get the rest of them AVT, Cosmi, Mayfield, Jenkins who I would put similar to the Austin Jackson, Isaiah Wilson, Josh Jones, Erza Cleveland group from last year who were clear second choices. Outside of Sewell I don't think there are any sure things this year, lots of potential, but bust risk also.
                        Casey and CHJR are other cut candidates for cap relief due to age, and skillset degrades.

We have all the cap space we need and 9 draft picks currently.

Sewell is worth a drastic trade up but no other Olinemen is.
                        I have W. Little, T. Jenkins, J. Mayfield below Sewell in that order
                        Think R. Slater, Leatherwood, and AVT are NFL OGs.
                        Farley is an elite prospect and Surtain is a near elite talent. Love either, especially Farley, at #13

Yesterday, 09:20 AM
                        Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                        Great contributions Ninja....but what did I tell you about keeping it on the DL? LOL...we will never steal him in the third with you pimping him like this...

Very interested to see how he works out...if a huge buzz comes out of his pro day, or some individual workouts...would make me feel better about him at 13, where I consider him, personally, a dark horse candidate...

Don't we get a free or extra visit or something, with regional considerations? Assume Stanford is close enough to qualify....
                        3rd was never a possibility.
                        I currently mock him in the 2nd but that is just for fun.
                        Walker is a top 15 prospect.
                        Since Sewell is going to off the board, Little is my #2 OT prospect.
                        Fits nicely at #13.

C. Farley, W. Little, J. Phillips, P. Surtain are my cluster @ #13.
                        1 maybe more will be there.
                        I’ll probably add Z. Collins to my cluster by draft time.

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

I don't hate on Faalele. I see limitations in his game tape. I see a guy that doesn't get down field and block in space nearly well enough. I think he'll have trouble with NFL speed rushers I'd give him a Mike Remmers comp... not good enough for me. I know you're just searching for adequate... I didn't see a lot of "just adequate" OT's in the playoffs. "Adequate" OT's got eaten alive in the Super Bowl. We all saw this...
                          Who has better movement skills Z2 or Faalele?

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X