• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eaterfan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
    To pundits thinking the Raiders will pursue the likes of Watson, Mike Mayock says:

​​​​​​. @PGutierrezESPN: "I think Derek Carr had his best year yet, under Jon Gruden. I think he's one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL and we're happy with him...I think Jon Gruden and I would stand shoulder to shoulder and pound the table for Derek Carr." - #Raiders GM Mike Mayock, on Derek Carr.
    I'm calling BS on Mayock. I believe they are happy with Carr but they know they could be happier with someone else. I don't think you spend that much on Marriotta, collapse and miss the playoffs again, and are then completely satisfied with the QB position.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post

I'm calling BS on Mayock. I believe they are happy with Carr but they know they could be happier with someone else. I don't think you spend that much on Marriotta, collapse and miss the playoffs again, and are then completely satisfied with the QB position.
      He said similar things last offseason as well when everybody thought they would draft a QB and trade Carr. Now he is saying better things.

I believed him. I watched him say the same consistent things all last year and they didn't draft a QB and never said the QB compitition was open between Carr and Mariota... Who will be traded or released.

Carr isn't their problem. Their defense has been awful.

Comment

• eaterfan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

He said similar things last offseason as well when everybody thought they would draft a QB and trade Carr. Now he is saying better things.

I believed him. I watched him say the same consistent things all last year and they didn't draft a QB and never said the QB compitition was open between Carr and Mariota... Who will be traded or released.

I think they think Carr is fine and will be hard to replace, but I think that if they have the opportunity they will do it. I know my position is easy, because eventually they will move on from Carr and I get to say "see, I was right." That being said, they were drafting after the big 3 QBs were picked last year and they will be drafting out of the range to draft a QB this year. They could have traded up last year and didn't. They maybe could trade for Watson and haven't. So you are correct so far. But I believe they know there is room for an upgrade at QB and if the chance comes along, they will take it. They won't move on just to move on, but they seem to be in a similar position to the 49ers.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2021
          • Send PM

I’ve seen one broken Carr, Derek is just a slightly improved Carr and unworthy of the title, “franchise QB”.

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

And their answer so far was to hire Gus LMAO
            Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
              I’ve seen one broken Carr, Derek is just a slightly improved Carr and unworthy of the title, “franchise QB”.
              correct me if I’m mistaken but we had a 9 sack game against Houston that year, and wasn’t that the game where everyone adopted the bull stamp in honor of Steve Foley who was shot down by a cop weeks prior?

great, simple celebration
              Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post

I think they think Carr is fine and will be hard to replace, but I think that if they have the opportunity they will do it. I know my position is easy, because eventually they will move on from Carr and I get to say "see, I was right." That being said, they were drafting after the big 3 QBs were picked last year and they will be drafting out of the range to draft a QB this year. They could have traded up last year and didn't. They maybe could trade for Watson and haven't. So you are correct so far. But I believe they know there is room for an upgrade at QB and if the chance comes along, they will take it. They won't move on just to move on, but they seem to be in a similar position to the 49ers.
                They had a lot of picks last year to trade up and can trade up this year.

However, I'll say again, they won't draft a QB to replace Carr and won't trade for one. In fact, they will trade or release Mariota.

BTW that response I posted by Mayock was after being asked about Russell Wilson having the Raiders on his list of teams he would go to with a trade.

I watch Raiders news everyday here in NV so I get to see them say it as opposed to reading it.

Not sure why it's so hard for some to accept that they like Carr and he was a top 10 QB last season.
                Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-03-2021, 08:39 PM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Ironic but yes and he is believe it or not an upgrade to Guenther but they don't have the pass rushers to generate pressure with just the front four.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Alot going on here. Raiders spent their cap and still lost. That shit will never not be funny.

P.S. I don't know a Charger fan who isn't afflicted with PTSD concerning FA over 30. And rightfully so.
                    I always enjoyed how AD every year drafted some unknown track star that had never played football. Miss that guy.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Gotta wonder what kind of Kool-aid Chuckie and Mikie have been drinkin'...

Comment

• AK47
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Gotta wonder what kind of Kool-aid Chuckie and Mikie have been drinkin'...
                        Likely this stuff.....

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

First round prospect WRs Waddle and Smith both say they would take Mac Jones over Tua as their QB.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/03/03/alaba...-crimson-tide/

I'D TAKE MAC JONES OVER TUA... As My Quarterback3/3/2021 2:13 PM PT
                          BREAKING NEWS
                          GettySurprising revelation from Jaylen Waddle ... the Alabama star wide receiver and top NFL prospect says he'd prefer Mac Jones to be his QB over Tua Tagovailoa.
                          "I like Mac Jones," the expected first-round draft pick told NFL Network on Wednesday. "Just my preference."
                          Waddle played with both signal-callers for years when the guys were all Tide teammates ... but Jaylen didn't mince words when talking about the Mac vs. Tua debate.
                          "Both of them great quarterbacks," Waddle said, "but I love Mac."
                          Now, Waddle does have SOME bias ... Waddle says he feels a bond with Jones 'cause the two had to go together from third-string in 2018 to 1st-round draft prospects this year.
                          But, what makes Waddle's comments very interesting is the fact that just last month, according to Sports Illustrated, star Bama wideout DeVonta Smith ALSO said he'd take Mac over Tua.
                          Look, the guys clearly love the now-Miami Dolphins star -- remember, DeVonta caught the game-winning TD from Tua in their national championship win over Georgia in 2018 -- but the comments certainly speak volumes about Mac's potential.
                          Jets, Falcons, Eagles and everyone else in the draft's top 10 ... you listenin'???

Comment

Working...
                          X