• Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post

I would do anything [to win], but I won't do that.
    Meatloaf.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

I think the Bolts win more by losing less. It sound dumb, but Lynn had a knack for losing games we had already won. KC needs to be concerned because we can take this division just by making better game time coaching decisions.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• CivilBolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
        I think the Bolts win more by losing less. It sound dumb, but Lynn had a knack for losing games we had already won. KC needs to be concerned because we can take this division just by making better game time coaching decisions.
        I agree. Lynn’s MO is when he has a lead after the half, doesn’t matter if big or small, his playcalling becomes too conservative without doing any half time adjustments. It allows the other team to hang around and win at the end. Instead stepping on the gas.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
          Beef Before Gazelles
          • May 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

elevating the play of 20 guys on defense would be a heck of a trick
          Presumably, at least 25 roster spots are designated for defensive players, right? I wasn't suggesting they were all on the field at the same time.

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

I blamed Gus more for all those blown leads than I did Lynn. The special teams deserve at least an honorable mention in this conversation too. Plenty of blame to go around.
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

I agree. Lynn’s MO is when he has a lead after the half, doesn’t matter if big or small, his playcalling becomes too conservative without doing any half time adjustments. It allows the other team to hang around and win at the end. Instead stepping on the gas.
              Yep...that was Lynn's version of Martyball...mind-boggling that he had a weapon like Herbie and didn't really use him to his full potential, which may have won us 2-3 more games and likely made the playoffs...like keeping a Formula I car shut up in the garage, and instead taking a Mini Cooper to the Indy 500...

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                I blamed Gus more for all those blown leads than I did Lynn. The special teams deserve at least an honorable mention in this conversation too. Plenty of blame to go around.
                3 and outs had a lot to do with it too. 9 defenders in the box and we’re going to run at it, because that’s what we do.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Panamamike
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I kind of thought the Fackrell signing was in place of bringing back Ingram. That gives the team Bosa, Nwosu, Fackrell, Rumph, Gaziano & Lemonier, with Tillery potentially off the edge too.
                  According to our head coach tillery is an interior offensive lineman and does not play the Edge position. He was only playing that position at times last year due to a rash of injuries. Said they see him having a big role as a disruptive matchup interior defensive lineman.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                    Agreed.

Additionally, in the final analysis, it could end up being that Anthony Lynn's restraint was integral to Justin Herbert's rapid development.

My hot take is that AL will flourish as the Lions OC...lot's of nice pieces there, including the OL & running attack he wants.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                      I like it.
                      Lynn was/ is a nice guy. He wasn't a quality HC. Overall. Game adjustments?? Turtle Up!
                      He didn't have a handle on clock management. His OL wasn't executing plays called. Blocking for the punter was an atrocity. We all knew what he would call on key short yardage, goal-to-go plays, eventually after a time-out or a penalty.. Etc, etc.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

I like it.
                        Lynn was/ is a nice guy. He wasn't a quality HC. Overall. Game adjustments?? Turtle Up!
                        He didn't have a handle on clock management. His OL wasn't executing plays called. Blocking for the punter was an atrocity. We all knew what he would call on key short yardage, goal-to-go plays, eventually after a time-out or a penalty.. Etc, etc.
                        Staley addressing his team before games really excites me. I heard Lynn didn’t do any of that BS

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Agreed.

Additionally, in the final analysis, it could end up being that Anthony Lynn's restraint was integral to Justin Herbert's rapid development.

My hot take is that AL will flourish as the Lions OC...lot's of nice pieces there, including the OL & running attack he wants.
                          Duce Staley is the Lion's assistant head coach/ running backs coach; his resume says that as the Eagle's rb coach, he lead them to the 7th highest blah, blah, blah.
                          There will be infighting between Lynn, Campbell (former blocking tight end) & Staley on the offensive scheme, which will try to revolve around the run.

:what:
                          Detroit's defense was historically bad last year: the Lions will be forced to throw the ball early and often with a qb and receiving corp that is below average & an offensive brain trust that has not proven itself to be adept at putting together a passing game. Lynn's mantra of not turning the ball over (& that the inevitable accumulation of Lion losses is the result of negative turnover margins) will wear thin on the rest of the organization by the year's end.

I see Lynn getting moved out at the end of the year & Staley replacing him.

Lynn's decisions contributed as much as anyone to the 4 - 9 start last season.

Comment

Working...
                          X