• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Most likely the ridiculous illegal motion and phantom PI calls along with selective holding calls to call back important plays. Taunting is in their too. I think the refs figured everyone paid money to see them in the opening game for the Chargers in SoFi with fans, they were wrong though. No one wants to see them.

Call the obvious, don't call the ticky tack and everyone will be happy with the refs.
    Ticky tack, zero impact on the play penalties killed the Chargers against Dallas

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Most likely the ridiculous illegal motion and phantom PI calls along with selective holding calls to call back important plays. Taunting is in their too. I think the refs figured everyone paid money to see them in the opening game for the Chargers in SoFi with fans, they were wrong though. No one wants to see them.

Call the obvious, don't call the ticky tack and everyone will be happy with the refs.
      Weird thing is in the super bowls, it seems all these penalties we see all year go away. They let them play in the SB which to me is hypocritical.
      The rules are the rules and if we see them all year, what's one more game?

Is it because the world will see bad and ticky tack calls and stupid rules?
      If not for those bad calls and stupid rules, the SB teams may not be there ... .like the Rams who didn't get called for that blatant PI against the Saints when they were close to scoring.

Comment

• FoutsFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Birmingham AL
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Weird thing is in the super bowls, it seems all these penalties we see all year go away. They let them play in the SB which to me is hypocritical.
        The rules are the rules and if we see them all year, what's one more game?

Is it because the world will see bad and ticky tack calls and stupid rules?
        If not for those bad calls and stupid rules, the SB teams may not be there ... .like the Rams who didn't get called for that blatant PI against the Saints when they were close to scoring.
        You really hit the nail on the head with that post.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Last year, there were 23 illegal shifts called
          4 were called by Corrente's crew

I get these are individuals and we see it in all sports that one crew calls one thing, another calls something else. Now, maybe teams are good about not having illegal shifts. Or maybe the refs realize that a lot of the time, its ticky tacky bull crap

The Aboushi call - still boggles the mind

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

You wanna live on a hope and prayer that these guys improve or get an actual beast?
            Jaime Collins is a beast? You and I have different criteria.
            10 yr vet with very tired legs.
            10 TKLS, 1 TFL, 1 FF, 15.7 YPC, QB rating of 158.3, 1 MTKL, 100 snaps

K9
            17 TKLS, 1 TFL, 0 FF, 8.7 YPC, QB rating of 102.8, 1 MTKL, 104 snaps
            ( I had 4 MTKL, 9 weak run fits, 3 poor zone coverage reps in first 2 games )
            KYZIR
            10 TKLS, 0 TFL, 1 FF, 1.8 YPC, QB rating of 79.2, 1 MTKL, 78 snaps
            ( I had 2 MTKL, 2 FF, 4 weak run fits, 2 poor zone coverage reps )

Tranquill is an excellent third leg to this tripod. J. Collins isn’t an upgrade or needed.
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• AK47
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Last year, there were 23 illegal shifts called
              4 were called by Corrente's crew

I get these are individuals and we see it in all sports that one crew calls one thing, another calls something else. Now, maybe teams are good about not having illegal shifts. Or maybe the refs realize that a lot of the time, its ticky tacky bull crap

The Aboushi call - still boggles the mind
              Kay: Is it true?
              Corrente Corleone: "Don't Ever Ask Me About My Business."

Comment

• DragonIce
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2021
                • Arizona
                • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
                Jaime Collins is a beast? You and I have different criteria.
                ...Tranquill is an excellent third leg to this tripod. J. Collins isn’t an upgrade or needed.
                Collins was a beast a couple of years ago, but, as you alluded, has declined some. In fairness he was solid last year...rated by PFF better than Kenneth Murray right now.

Though disappointing so far, Murray has much more potential physically... and upside. And he doesn't punch referees.

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post

Collins was a beast a couple of years ago, but, as you alluded, has declined some. In fairness he was solid last year...rated by PFF better than Kenneth Murray right now.

Though disappointing so far, Murray has much more potential physically... and upside. And he doesn't punch referees.
                  Dam, now I know why we're getting pushed around by the refs...they don't have any fear of us! LOL!

:beer:
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• WindsorUK
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Windsor, U.K.
                    • Send PM

Seems like most years when there are rules changes, the refs are quite eager to show their bosses they're keen to enforce everything. Then as the year goes on, they stop calling the silly stuff.
                    Let's just hope they don't interfere with any more of our outcomes.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

Seems like most years when there are rules changes, the refs are quite eager to show their bosses they're keen to enforce everything. Then as the year goes on, they stop calling the silly stuff.
                      Let's just hope they don't interfere with any more of our outcomes.
                      Yes, I see this too. I think you are absolutely right.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post

I would sign him just to punch a referree

Comment

• Boltgang74
                          We Are The Storm!
                          • Aug 2018
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I would sign him just to punch a referree
                          Was thinkin the same thing!Hell Id buy his jersey soon as I saw it!

Comment

Working...
                          X