• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CivilBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Ah, the good old "OBJ SB MVP Escalator"...

Imagine what might happen if OBJ DOES get to the SB: "Come on, man! Yo, Stafford! I've only had 10 targets so far this game! Gotta get at LEAST 20 for ME to get that MVP!!!"

...sound far-fetched? Word is that OBJ pressured poor Mayfield in Cleveland so much for targets, Baker tried forcing the rock to Diva Dude, just to try and keep him happy...
    The moment OBJ left Mayfield was playing a lot better. Just want to thank OBJ for that critical 4th and 2 pass drop against us.

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet Admin View Post
      Jay Glazer on TNF showed the graphic last night that OBJ was making 10M. He also stated that 4 of that was if they won the SB and he was the MVP. Not sure of the actual details though.

My guess is thats where many got the 10M number from. It flashed while Glazer was talking about the OBJ news.
      I read it on NFL.com yesterday. Guess they jumped the gun?
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Heatmiser
        BetterToday ThanYesterday
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
        I was astonished by the fins defense last night, I thought they were like the 85 Bears. Where did that come from and where has it been?
        Roo, the way I see it, the Ravens had the kind of game against MIami that we had against the Ravens. They came out a little flat and tired. Miami played some defense that they had not prepared for. And the Ravens never adjusted and they were out of synch all night. I don’t have the stats, but it looked like Miami played cover zero almost the whole game. And Jackson and Roman never took advantage of it. And then the Ravens defense outsmarted themselves a few times with all their exotics and Miami made them pay, which a lot of teams, but not us, have done to that defense.

TG
        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

Gruden is suing Goodell and the NFL. This is getting real.

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

Roo, the way I see it, the Ravens had the kind of game against MIami that we had against the Ravens. They came out a little flat and tired. Miami played some defense that they had not prepared for. And the Ravens never adjusted and they were out of synch all night. I don’t have the stats, but it looked like Miami played cover zero almost the whole game. And Jackson and Roman never took advantage of it. And then the Ravens defense outsmarted themselves a few times with all their exotics and Miami made them pay, which a lot of teams, but not us, have done to that defense.

TG
            I think the type of game the Ravens had on Sunday probably effected their energy level but I credit the fins for having a great plan to stop the high scoring Ravens and the three days rest must have had an effect too.
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• captaind
              Cook This Pork Chops
              • Jun 2013
              • Mars
              • Ball Holder
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Its not about whether the Chargers had interest in Beckham or not - its about an attitude of "are you trying to win?"
              It seems that Telesco and Staley are - playing for next year
              When the Fish beat the Ravens - the AFC is wide the hell open - why would they want to wait until next year

My guess if say Herbert got hurt two weeks ago and the Chargers needed a QB - they would NOT have called Cam Newton and some on this forum would have been saying "he's not as good; his arm is shot, he is a locker room cancer - lets just go with Chase Daniels and punt the season"

its just an attitude. Rams are saying F it - lets go win the damn thing; Carolina is a game from the WC - what the hell, lets go get Newton as DArnold sucks but we have a chance.
              QFT.

I didn't want OBJ either, but point being TT (or maybe even most of his predecessors?) has never been aggressive enough. As I stated in another thread some time ago, the Rams were supposed to be in cap hell the year after their last appearance in the Super Bowl, and yet here they are again.

So apparently cap hell doesn't have to be so hellish if you know what the hell you're doing.

Get busy winning, or get busy dying.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Windsor, U.K.
                • Send PM

OBJ would NOT have helped us...nor will he help the Rams.
                Move on gentlemen, nothing to see here.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post
                  Gruden is suing Goodell and the NFL. This is getting real.
                  Yep...Chuckie says it's "character assassination"...

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                    OBJ would NOT have helped us...nor will he help the Rams.
                    Move on gentlemen, nothing to see here.
                    I’m rooting for the Rams over TB. Go OBJ. And fuck the other qb.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• eaterfan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...Chuckie says it's "character assassination"...

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...sharingbuttons
                      Gruden is going to get PAID. As bad as the Gruden stuff is, I'd very much imagine there was tons of worse stuff out there. Gruden deserved his fate, but he was singled out. I'm not sure that means he would win anything in court, but the NFL will not let this get to discovery. They will settle for a ton.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post

Gruden is going to get PAID. As bad as the Gruden stuff is, I'd very much imagine there was tons of worse stuff out there. Gruden deserved his fate, but he was singled out. I'm not sure that means he would win anything in court, but the NFL will not let this get to discovery. They will settle for a ton.
                        U have a point there, Eater...wonder why ONLY the Chuckie emails leaked out...what about all those other NFL owners or execs also involved in the Europe trip when those cheerleaders reportedly had their passports taken away and were forced into sex? Sounds like someone in the NFL had an ax to grind, and it landed on Chucky's neck...If others were guilty, there also needs to be an accounting...

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post

I hope he doesn't paid a penny. He said all that crap and deserves what comes out of it. I still ask myself, what kind of moron puts stuff like that in emails?

Comment

Working...
                          X