• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I hope he doesn't paid a penny. He said all that crap and deserves what comes out of it. I still ask myself, what kind of moron puts stuff like that in emails?
    He's a moron, no doubt, but only a small fraction of internet users realize what they post is almost never completely private. His argument will be that 'everyone is a racist, but you picked on me because I'm a dumb-ass that posted crap on your non-secure e-mail and you don't like me, so pay me.'

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

I hope he doesn't paid a penny. He said all that crap and deserves what comes out of it. I still ask myself, what kind of moron puts stuff like that in emails?
      I have no problem with Gruden being fired

But I do think Gruden is the scapegoat

1) the e-mails were put out the same day that DeMaurice Smith was up for vote whether to continue as leader of the Players Union. Some have speculated it was leaked by the owners so Smith would get the sympathy vote to keep him in place as the owners like him in the current role

2) I have read some of the stuff with Snyder in Dc - its much worse, if true, than what Gruden did. The NFL doesn't want that stuff to come out

Discovery in this case will be something the NFL wants to hide as if they truly knew about the stuff Snyder did and its true... where is the fan, as it will be hit!

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

I didnt think anything he said was that big a deal but today everybody is a wimp with words. They need to throw out the "Sticks and Stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me" saying from history. Calling Goodell a *** ....geez, we used that word so loosely when i was growing up. Just an expression then so to me it means little but today...holy shit!

Those emails were only from 10 years ago but we have gone way downhill even from then with words hurting sensitive souls and my guess is Gruden probably isnt much of a tech guy and emails were probably new to him and since he wasnt talking to anybody face to face , he felt he could type it in a letter form. Im sure there are much worse out there but they chose to release his only. I dont mind the NFL getting taken down a notch.

I still have a couple friends that dont use emails and arent sure how to use them.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

I agree with you. But he also knows where the NFL’s skeletons are buried. And that’s a big graveyard.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I have no problem with Gruden being fired

But I do think Gruden is the scapegoat

1) the e-mails were put out the same day that DeMaurice Smith was up for vote whether to continue as leader of the Players Union. Some have speculated it was leaked by the owners so Smith would get the sympathy vote to keep him in place as the owners like him in the current role

2) I have read some of the stuff with Snyder in Dc - its much worse, if true, than what Gruden did. The NFL doesn't want that stuff to come out

Discovery in this case will be something the NFL wants to hide as if they truly knew about the stuff Snyder did and its true... where is the fan, as it will be hit!
            Agree with this take for the most part. Gruden is right to wonder why his emails were the only ones leaked/released. He’s a douche and proved it in writing but the NFL threw him under the bus to protect Dan

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

We have word cencenship in here? I see the word f*g in my post above got astericked out lol. Thats a first in here. See what i mean about words today.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Agree with this take for the most part. Gruden is right to wonder why his emails were the only ones leaked/released. He’s a douche and proved it in writing but the NFL threw him under the bus to protect Dan
                Yep and Snyder is a POS. Why protect him? They can find a buyer for that team.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Windsor, U.K.
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                  OBJ would NOT have helped us...nor will he help the Rams.
                  Move on gentlemen, nothing to see here.
                  Maybe I spoke too soon????
                  https://www.nfl.com/news/rams-wr-rob...r-of-2021-seas

Funny....article doesn't detail how OBJ did it

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                    We have word cencenship in here? I see the word f*g in my post above got astericked out lol. Thats a first in here. See what i mean about words today.
                    I disagree with censorship and I hope that didn’t happen intentionally.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

That’s fucked up.

Comment

• eaterfan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2020
                        • Send PM

Yep and Snyder is a POS. Why protect him? They can find a buyer for that team.
                        You think Snyder will go down quietly? I'm not saying everyone I'm front offices or owners will get into trouble, but I imagine there are enough people who have stuff they don't want to come out that they don't want to get into a fight with Snyder. It's a Good Old Boy network.

What made Al Davis so dangerous is that he didn't give a crap and would burn the whole thing down if he thought he was getting screwed. Everyone else will pay the piper to keep their secrets.

Comment

• JAFA
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2021
                          • Send PM

While I don't agree with anything Gruden said in his emails, and don't feel sorry for him one bit for paying the price for being stupid, it's impossible to believe that his were the only embarrassing and/or inappropriate emails out of the 650k or so that were confiscated. I think he knows he'll never coach another down or announce another game so he's flipping the big middle finger to the NFL with this lawsuit. It's going to be ugly - and that's exactly what he wants. IMO he's not even really after the money (he should have plenty after his settlement with the Raiders) he wants to embarrass the league, expose their hypocrisy, and out the other execs and/or owners who's behavior is on par (or worse) than his.

I'm also pretty sure that he has the behind the scenes support of Mark Davis as well. Davis was none to happy to have the league ram this thing down his throat. They both want their pound of flesh. At this point Gruden is probably pissed off enough to reject ANY settlement offer just so he can drag the league through the mud via discovery and a trial.

We will see - could be plenty interesting. I bet there's quite a few league folks very uncomfortable about this, particularly since they no longer have any leverage on Gruden.

Comment

Working...
                          X