• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TexanBeerlover
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Sleep at home, eat & train on regular schedule. For sure.
    With all the Chargers famous players and talent, local ticketholders may actually want to see the Chargers. Maybe.
    We wish. Reality is every seat has its price. There will be no Home Field advantage for Chargers @ SoFi. Chargers have no home field in LA.

Comment

• SBbound
      Casual fanatic
      • Feb 2019
      • Merced/San Diego
      • Send PM

I don't buy this narrative.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
        Beef Before Gazelles
        • May 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

We wish. Reality is every seat has its price. There will be no Home Field advantage for Chargers @ SoFi. Chargers have no home field in LA.
        People love a winner. (Yes, that includes a lot of fair weather fans and band wagoners.) But if the Bolts were to win the next Super Bowl, the following season they'd have more of a home field advantage than they've had in a couple of decades. We'd see the tide start to turn.

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

If a lot of money can be made on tickets, it's gonna happen. Who is buying at scalper prices will see a tidal shift when the Chargers are dominating their opponents. Once upon a time Chargers fans stood in line all night to buy single seats at the Murph to see Air Coryell. When you build a dynamic pro team, they will come.
          Last edited by sonorajim; 05-06-2022, 09:54 PM.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

If a lot of money can be made on tickets, it's gonna happen. Who is buying at scalper prices will see a tidal shift when the Chargers are dominating their opponents. Once upon a time Chargers fans stood in line all night to buy single seats at the Murph to see Air Coryell. When you build a dynamic pro team, they will come.
            Murphy Stadium was home of the Chargers only. SoFi is not only home of the Chargers but Super Bowl Champion Los Angeles Rams. Seems they built it first and with it go the spoils.

Now if Elon Musk would build a Stadium between Austin and San Antonio I guarantee you they will come.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

As fans, we keep banking on injury riddled, declining vets to play a whole season.
              We thought Bulaga and Harris would recapture to some degree their old form.
              We thought Linval Joseph would continue to be a good player; we thought Cook would be forever solid.

How many of us would have had high expectations knowing that Storm & Schofield anchored the right side,
              that Michael Davis couldn't adapt to the new defense,
              and that Linval Joseph would start to break down, along with Cook near seasons end?

Other than Mack, whose decline is highly questionable, with whom do we have false expectations.

I can't see it....they are a young team at most spots...and the vets Allen/Mack still have football left in them.

In other eras, Callahan and Kyle Van Noy would have been their top acquisitions in free agency, and they would play too many minutes.

This team is different.
              I didn’t think Bulaga or CHJ would do shit last year and I was right.. I did think Cook would be be better but thats not what killed up. Bulaga and CHJ did. Agree with your assessment - other than Mack … their signings get them younger and stronger. the two questionable are not particularly key, they are value/depth signings. Van Noy is I think a good add but he’s not the critical piece. Callahan is depth, not starter. They got rid of a lot more question marks than they added.

RT still bugs me, hope their plan works. KA i do think is going to fade some but I like Palmer and see him as similar, and KA with a slight fade is still a 90 Rec WR lol
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Murphy Stadium was home of the Chargers only. SoFi is not only home of the Chargers but Super Bowl Champion Los Angeles Rams. Seems they built it first and with it go the spoils.

Now if Elon Musk would build a Stadium between Austin and San Antonio I guarantee you they will come.
                I don’t if folks here watch a lot of Rams games, but they have the same problem of tourist fans invading their games too. LA is a winter tourist destination spot and the teams that travel well travel just as well vs the Rams. Still - the Chargers should just come on back

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Rams had fans long before SoFi. They will continue to have them.
                  That's not an issue.
                  Will fans pay to see the Chargers live? IMO it depends solely on the level of excitement we generate.
                  Herbert's comeback effort in the L vs LVR last year was legendary. Win all 6 AFCW contests in '22.
                  Just kick ass. Eff loser fans.

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

The Chargers/Spanos' aren't going anywhere. He got his free stadium... it's all he really cares about.
                    He couldn't give a crap about general admission tickets... or who buys them. That revenue is shared anyways.
                    He'd love to sell luxury boxes (as these revenues are not shared). But the Rams just won a Super Bowl.
                    The trendy, need to be seen, corporate types will buy their luxury box seats from the Rams. Top dog gets to feed from the big bowl.
                    That could change if the Chargers win a Super Bowl... but it will be short-lived if the Chargers don't continue to win championships.
                    Los Angelinos have much more loyalty to Lakers, Dodgers, Kings (because of their long history and championships).
                    Even the Trojans and Bruins have a more loyal fan base.
                    Spanos' knew this. He made his decision. He deserves all of the ridicule and shame he receives.

As for San Diegans... mostly there is no need to bring the team back. It won't happen unless there is a multi-billionaire that wants to build their own stadium. For those fans that didn't dump the Chargers/Spani, we're fine watching them on TV. The new Aztecs stadium will be finished soon. Anyone longing for a live football game, will be able to watch the Aztecs in a much more intimate venue. Personally, I can't wait to see a college football game in a campus-like setting... at a much more reasonable price.

I won'y miss whiney billionaires asking for yet another handout... that is LA's problem now.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
                      The Chargers/Spanos' aren't going anywhere. He got his free stadium... it's all he really cares about.
                      He couldn't give a crap about general admission tickets... or who buys them. That revenue is shared anyways.
                      He'd love to sell luxury boxes (as these revenues are not shared). But the Rams just won a Super Bowl.
                      The trendy, need to be seen, corporate types will buy their luxury box seats from the Rams. Top dog gets to feed from the big bowl.
                      That could change if the Chargers win a Super Bowl... but it will be short-lived if the Chargers don't continue to win championships.
                      Los Angelinos have much more loyalty to Lakers, Dodgers, Kings (because of their long history and championships).
                      Even the Trojans and Bruins have a more loyal fan base.
                      Spanos' knew this. He made his decision. He deserves all of the ridicule and shame he receives.

As for San Diegans... mostly there is no need to bring the team back. It won't happen unless there is a multi-billionaire that wants to build their own stadium. For those fans that didn't dump the Chargers/Spani, we're fine watching them on TV. The new Aztecs stadium will be finished soon. Anyone longing for a live football game, will be able to watch the Aztecs in a much more intimate venue. Personally, I can't wait to see a college football game in a campus-like setting... at a much more reasonable price.

I won'y miss whiney billionaires asking for yet another handout... that is LA's problem now.
                      Mostly true though i think the presumption about LA’s love for the Rams is overstated. Grandpa’s that remember the Rams are dying off, today’s generation gives no more fucks about the Rams than they do the Chargers. I’ve seen several Rams televised games, their stadium crowd for any team that travels well is the same as the Chargers. A lot of shirts are not blue nor yellow.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2020
                        • Oklahoma
                        • Send PM

Interesting, If Austin-SA ever got a team I would what the location and nick name would be?
                        Jim Kelly started as a SA Gunslinger.

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Mostly true though i think the presumption about LA’s love for the Rams is overstated. Grandpa’s that remember the Rams are dying off, today’s generation gives no more fucks about the Rams than they do the Chargers. I’ve seen several Rams televised games, their stadium crowd for any team that travels well is the same as the Chargers. A lot of shirts are not blue nor yellow.
                          Grossly overstated. Just look the percentage of 49er fans in last year's playoff game between the 49ers and Rams - Vivid seats estimated it as 65% 49er fans despite the Rams refusing to sell tickets to people with addresses outside of LA. And this in the NFC championship game. I don't disagree that the Chargers have a long, long way to go but the dmac's point is valid - there are just not that many long term Ram fans in LA

Comment

Working...
                          X